Princess Irene (1942-), sister of King Constantine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She speaks fluent Spanish, she has a voice very similar to Princess Alexia, but fluent in Spanish, I've seen on television in Spain , when the Prince Philip married. The journalists asked to her, and she spoke very good Spanish.

IRIS1983 said:
She speaks fluent Spanish, she has a voice very similar to Princess Alexia, but fluent in Spanish, I've seen on television in Spain , when the Prince Philip married. The journalists asked to her, and she spoke very good Spanish.

Did HRH Princess Irene ever marry? Does she have any children? Does she live in Spain or elsewhere? Also, exactly how is Prince Michael related to Constantine, Sofia, and Irene? Is he a prince of Greece or of another country? Any other information on Prince Michael or Princess Irene would be appreciated. Just curious - I only realized these two people existed after reading GRF and Spain's royal family's forums on this website.

Irene never married and never had any children. She mostly lives in Spain. I think Prince Michael of Greece is a first cousin to the three siblings.

Irene and her siblings are first cousins once removed of Prince Michael; their grandfather King Constantine I and Michael's father were brothers.

Prince Michael is the son of Prince Christopher who was the son of the first king of the dynasty, King George and Queen Olga. Christopher and King Constantine I were brothers,King Paul and Prince Michael of Greece were first cousins, . Miguel is a second cousin of Princess Irene.

stef said:
Prince Michael is the son of Prince Christopher who was the son of the first king of the dynasty, King George and Queen Olga. Christopher and King Constantine I were brothers,King Paul and Prince Michael of Greece were first cousins, . Miguel is a second cousin of Princess Irene.

I am assuming Miguel = Michael. Is that correct?

hahah! yes, yes.... Michael is Miguel,okay. I have copied it of one comment of one spanish friend, I was speaking with her of this, and she said that Michael, ,Miguel, was cousin of Queen Sofia.

Princesse Irini lives also on Athens, she has an appartement in center. I see her very often in concerts and other cultural events.

As regards her exact family link with Michel de Grece, he is her uncle in second degree. In know that in english you say second cousin, but the correct is uncle.\
Princess Irini (also Queen Sofia and King Kostantine are second cousins with Princesses Olga & Alexandra.

King Kostantin I - Prince Christopher : Siblings
King Paul - Michel de Grece : First cousins
KIng Kostantin II, Queen Sofia, Pcs Irini - Princesss Olga & Alexandra : Second cousins

Last edited:
She has been one month in Greece, but she doesn´t live of form continous in Athens.

what is the VI Festival of Tunas of Alcala de Henares?????

A University Tuna is a musical group in Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, Central America or South America, made up of university students.

Princess Irene together with her sister Queen Sofia attended a concert by the Israel Philarmonic
Orchestra, held at the National Auditorium in Madrid, Spain, 22 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On the official list of the Jubilee of HM King Mihai I HRH Princess Irini appeared as invited.I did not see her .Was she in Bucharest or not?

On the official list of the Jubilee of HM King Mihai I HRH Princess Irini appeared as invited.I did not see her .Was she in Bucharest or not?

Princess Irini underwent cataract surgery and thus wasn't able to attend.The op went OK as is HRH,she's doing fine.:)

Princess Irini underwent cataract surgery and thus wasn't able to attend.The op went OK as is HRH,she's doing fine.:)

Thanks for clarifying that Lucien. I recall her late mother also had a similar operation before she died.

Thanks for clarifying that Lucien. I recall her late mother also had a similar operation before she died.

True,but don't worry!!I wish to stress that the operation went OK and the Princess is doing fine,no deja vu parikalo....God forbid!;)

True,but don't worry!!I wish to stress that the operation went OK and the Princess is doing fine,no deja vu parikalo....God forbid!;)

Thank goodness for that!

Last edited:
May i ask, the surgery toke place in Athens or in Madrid?

Princess Irene together with her sister Queen Sofia attended the premiere of the Mozart
opera "La Clemenza di Tito" in Madrid on February 14, 2012.

** Pic **

Wonder whether she´ll have a big party on occasion of her 70th birthday in May.

princess irini of Greece

hello my friends,

I just subscribed to this amazing forum concerning the subject of royal's life and family. I would like to ask if somebody knows, the address of princess Irini of Greece in Athens.

Thank you very much

she lives when she is in Greece, in an some friends apartment in Athens, but her address is in Spain or contacting with the office of the Greek royal house.

Princess Irene attended a charity concert by the Granada City Orchesta for the Harmony World Association
held in Granada, Andalusia, Spain on 15 June 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom