The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Thank you! Are all 3 i's pronounced the same way, or is the last one pronounced as an e? Having the long e sound at the end just sounds much more natural to me, but of course I'm not Greek.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Nobility

The 3 i' s are pronounced in the same way, i-ri-ni.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

I read an old interview of Princess Irene, she spoke about the question of why she hadn´t married. She said that never she had felt the necessity to marry because She chose to dedicat her life to works of charity and humanitarian work. I think that she thinks humanitarian work are incompatible with training a family, because if you dedicate yourself to humanitarian works, like her, you cannot spend the necessary time to your family.
In the interview she said she lived half the year at Zarzuela Palace and the other half in London at the home of the Kings of Greece, before her mother died, they lived in India

She is very religious and she believes in the appearances of the Virgin, the spirits, she thinks that it is possible to speak with the deads, I remember that she spoke envelope that years after the death of her father King Pavlo, she heared as he spoke her….She felt his presence
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't call that "religious",but "spiritual".She's a spiritual person that wanted to experience different things than the average person.Did you know that there were rumours in the past,here in Greece,that Princess Irene was not that well(mentally,I mean),because of that?It's so difficult for common people to understand.Of course,these rumours have stopped a long time ago.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

In the interview of Princess Irene, which I spoke earlier,she said that about 1976 she and her mother decided to move into India, with the end to know the philosophy and Eastern religions, they lived in the city of Madras, where they bought a floor, they received the teachings of Professor Mahedevin and they knew Teresa of Calcuta .Hers two passions, music and comparative philosophy.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

I have been looking the royal celebrations and Princess Irene is not going to any , but I have found one exception (Exception family) , she went to the wedding of Alexandra of Denmark, daughter of Princess Benedikte and to the funeral by Queen Ingrid of Denmark and to the celebrations of the royal family of jordan

Two pictures of Princess Irene:

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...na/irene-2.jpg

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/irene001.jpg

this picture is the engagement of Princess Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales, the image is, the family of Carlos, the family of Greece and spain and Queen Daisy of Denmark and Princess Irene
Old 03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

Belt,could you be more specific about the celebrations of the JRF Pr.Irene has attended?I was generally curious to know what was the relationship between the two RFs.All I know is that the late King Hussein had offered one or two of his airplanes to the GRF to come to Greece in 1993.It would be interesting to know more about their relationship.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

the relation between the real families of Greece and Jordan comes from the first stage in exile of King Pavlo and his brother king George. They had friendship with king Talal, between both families were created businesses.
when Greece was invaded by the Nazis, the Kings of Greece and their two children Sofia and Constantine left the country with the aid of the Jordanian Royal Family. Princes Sofia and Constantine knew in their exile in Egypt to king Hussein, they were small.
Hussein and their family were invited in several occasions to the palace of Corfu in summer.

Hussein was to the wedding of Kings of spain, Kings of greece and Prince Pavlo and Noor was in wedding of Alexia, and the Royal family of Greece was in the celebrations of jorrdanian .....I remenber to Princess irene in the wedding of Rania...and princes Pavlo and Nikolaos and princess Irene were in the wedding in 2004 of the son of Noor....................

In the funeral of Hussein were the Kings of Greece, the princes Pavlo, Nikolaos and Irene....
The Arab clients of the business of Pavlo of Greece are of Jordan.......
Old 03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Belt,thank you for enlightening us Well,I didn't have a clue that their friendship dated back to 1941.That was an interesting history lesson
Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

I see that you have liked the today lesson, but I can not approve to you ... Ohhhhhh! this was not exactly in 1941, it was later on 1945, at the end of exile, but their families were known since 1924.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
Hussein was to the wedding of Kings of spain, Kings of greece and Prince Pavlo and Noor was in wedding of Alexia, and the Royal family of Greece was in the celebrations of jorrdanian .....I remenber to Princess irene in the wedding of Rania...and princes Pavlo and Nikolaos and princess Irene were in the wedding in 2004 of the son of Noor....................

In the funeral of Hussein were the Kings of Greece, the princes Pavlo, Nikolaos and Irene....
The Arab clients of the business of Pavlo of Greece are of Jordan.......
King Hussein & Princess Muna attended the wedding of King Konstantinos & Princess Anne-Marie but none of them attended the wedding of Infante Juan Carlos & Princess Sofia. Maybe other Jordanian Royals were in Athens in 1962 but certainly it wasn't King Hussein.

In the funeral of King Hussein, I know from Greece attended King Konstantinos & Queen Anna-Maria, Crown Prince Pavlos & Crown Princess Maria and Prince Nikolaos. But in the website with the foreign royals and other representatives present in the funeral there was no mention to Princess Irini.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

I think she was at the funeral of Hussein, because I remember that she traveled in the same plane with the Kings of Spain, when Noor received the sympathy of women that attending to the funeral, I remember a images of tv in which the Queen Ann Marie hug to Noor and behind her was the Princess Irene.
The wedding Constantine and Ann Marie, it was very sure that he was, I haven´t doubt of it because I have pictures of this, I thought that he was also in the wedding of Queen of Spain but I have doubt about it.
Now I am sure that some member of the Royal House of Jordan was in the wedding of Queen Sofia.........
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Irene von Griechenland

Irini in Montreal, 1967
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

this is good picture:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6319/irenetwp.jpg
Old 09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Commoner

There are three videos on youtube with Princess Irene.They are parts of the interview she gave sometime ago to mega channel.I don't know how you post videos from you tube but if you type,protagonistes i agnosti prigkipissa, on the search machine of
youtube the videos come up.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Here they are:

It was interesting to see the old footage of the Greek royals in the second one and the pictures in the first from the "cow flight" Irene was involved with at some point. I would love to know what she is saying in the interview - could someone give a summary?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I would assume that's Tatoi from the footage at the empty swimming pool.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Yes, I think they're at Tatoi.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I recognize the big urns around the swimming pool from an engagement party for JC and Sofia. The place looks so unkempt now, it must be sad for them to see it like that.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, it is from Tatoi, i 've seen the footage at the greek Tv channel "Mega" last year...