Princess Alexia, Carlos Morales and Family - Part 2: June 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found abstract translated at facebook about the greek royal family about video: "Her name is Alexia, she does not has surname, because the family of her father did not have surname, her mother's family is a very old family, and they do not have a surname.. It is very complicated to explain.
She was born on a Corfu island in summer. Her usual house was to 10 kilometers from Athens. And she thinks she is attracted to the islands for that reason because she was born on an island. She was heir to the throne, from birth until her brother was born, she is glad that her brother to be heir because she thinks that it is a lot of responsibility and she prefers not to be Heiress. With 2 years, the instability appeared in Greece . It was a coup d'etat, her father tried to recover the power giving a contra-coup d'etat, but failure, she does not know what would have happened if they had stayed in Greece but she presumes that they had put them in the jail or something like that . They left greece with the clothes they wore, with nothing.
First they went to Italy, then to Denmark, and then to London . She grew up in family with her brothers and her cousins.
The journalist asks, how is the life of a princess, if they ever went out to play in the park...... Alexia answers that the first years spent with her cousins ​​and then, in her second home in London, there was a park nearby, they were always playing in the park with other children.

Until 14 or 15 years old she did not go to a school, she studied with a Greek tutor because her father always kept hoping to return to his country.
There is no specific moment in which her parents told her, that she should behave in a certain way. This was more natural, but she acknowledges that her grandmothers (Federica and Ingrid) always instilled in them that although they were not on a throne, they should behave properly and exemplarily, be kind, because they were the image of that Country abroad.
When did she returned to Greece? asks the journalist. She returned at the funeral of her grandmother, the Queen Freideriki, she was part of her life and family. At the funeral, the whole family was very close.

The Greek authorities allowed them to remain on Greek soil the time enough to give burial to her grandmother.

There was a lot of public and people were there to say goodbye to her grandmother. She is impressed by the public that was, were people who had met her grandparents or admired them. People threw through the windows of car, photos of Queen Freiderika, letters, ....It was very emotional.
The route from the military aerodrome to the cemetery where are her ancestors is 15 minutes, they did it in more than an hour to arrive at the cemetery

She studied History and Pedagogy and then did a postgraduate course in pedagogy.

She worked 3 years in a public school in Great Britain. In 1992 she traveled to Barcelona to participate in sailing regattas , she liked it and she worked as a therapist at the Down Syndrome Foundation.

She has never shared a floor as the press says with her cousin the Infanta Cristina.

The journalist asks, if her parents ever told her that she had to marry a person of blue blood . She answered, her parents never told her with who she should marry. They just wanted that she would be happy with the person she would chose.
She met Carlos in Barcelona because they both shared passion by sailing and friends .

her parents traveled to Lanzarote to meet to the Carlos´s family .
First, Alexia and carlos lived in Barcelona, after , she needed to change, she was overwhelmed because the press followed to her in Barcelona to make news and fill out programs. and her husband believed that he had more possibilities of work in Lanzarote so they decided to move to Lanzarote.

Her daughter is called Arrietta, because she had a Greek friend named Arietta, and in Spain, there was a similar name that was Arrieta, the name of her daughter is a mixture of the two names, Greek-Spanish, Arrietta.

the journalist asked to her, if she has thought to live in Greece, she says that now she is happy in lanzarote, but the future is uncertain, she travels in summer to see her parents and she likes her country very much.

She has not seen the palace of Corfu where she was born, she has heard that it has a museum, but she does not believe that there is anything in that museum that remember to her family.

About the infanta Cristiana, she is having a bad time but she continues working and take care of her children. They are very close.

She is very close to her cousins and she talk with them, now her cousin King Felipe is very busy, he has many duties ...

The journalist asks which name appears on the screen of her phone when calls the king, and she responds that she uses false names to identify certain people for security, in case her phone will go astray.

She is happy in Lanzarote."

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
The daughters of the princess Alexia participate, the three, in competitions of Synchronized Swimming Team.

in the photo, the first girl is Anne-Marie, and the seventh is Arrietta.

https://www.lanzarotedeportiva.com/...ion/previa_sincronizada_alevin_infantil_3.jpg

Arrietta in competition: https://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/media/lavozdelanzarote/images/2017/11/12/2017111214542144945.jpg

In blue team is Arrietta:

https://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/media/lavozdelanzarote/images/2017/11/12//2017111214514717956.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Arrietta is like Princess Alexia, but Anne-Marie is like the Queen Ingrid of Denmark. I have seen, this last weekend, at a facebook group, photos of Queen Ingrid when she was a little girl, and Anne-Marie is like her.

Thanks for the news and the photos!! Especially when rare we have news for this family!!

Does anyone ever heard why King Konstantin and Anne Marie named their daughter Alexia???

Probably after Anne-Marie's grandmother queen Alexandrine of Denmark? While still giving her an authentic Greek name?

I do not think that is related with the grandmother of Queen Anne Maria, because the name would be Alexandra, but I understand why you are asking. In the Greek royal family the names and dates of events are chosen according to motives ... Why Alexia? It is an orthodox name,of Byzantine origin, and possibly related to the north of Greece,and more north also ;);):whistling:.... and I am reading in a spanish website of names, this name means "She which protects people". it also says that it is a derivative name of Alexandros (Alexander) :cool:

It is curious, it is obvious that the King of Constantine and Queen Anne- Maria could have chosen that name for some special historical event related to Alexander the Great Or to any historical fact or historical figure of northern Greece...

Last edited:
I do not think that is related with the grandmother of Queen Anne Maria, because the name would be Alexandra, but I understand why you are asking. In the Greek royal family the names and dates of events are chosen according to motives ... Why Alexia? It is an orthodox name,of Byzantine origin, and possibly related to the north of Greece,and more north also ;);):whistling:.... and I am reading in a spanish website of names, this name means "She which protects people". it also says that it is a derivative name of Alexandros (Alexander) :cool:

It is curious, it is obvious that the King of Constantine and Queen Anne- Maria could have chosen that name for some special historical event related to Alexander the Great Or to any historical fact or historical figure of northern Greece...
I don't understand why you consider Alexia a derivative name of Alexandros but don't see the relation with her great-grandmother's name of Alexandrine/Alexandra? That Alexia is one of the derivatives of Alexandra/Alexandrine/Alexander proofs that it could be related to Anne Marie's grandmother - and that's exactly what I was trying to say: a Greek name related to a family member. Of course, there might be a different reason why they picked this name but this could be an explanation; at least as likely as a link to Alexander the Great imo.

There is no need to give someone the exact name: queen Anne Marie has a granddaughter named after her who has a Spanish name: Ana Maria. The names of the other children seem to suggest that it was important to them to give their children truly Greek names.

Last edited:
The first website that I have opened on the name of Alexia locates it north of Greece . Alexander is the name that locates as her origin, in fact the name started being a masculine name to later become feminine with Alexia. Historically the name locates with the historical period of Alexander the Great(no with Alexander, with the historical period) and later, obviously at the time of the Byzantine Empire.
For this reason I have quickly related the topic of the origin of the name with the present.

The daughter of Princess Alexia, is Anne-Marie, she does not use the Spanish variant Ana Maria, I know that, because in the spanish interviews, Princess Alexia talks about her daughter as Anne-Marie, she does not use the Spanish variant .

I do not think that she carries the name in tribute of her mother's grandmother, I think there are other historical or personal reasons . It could be that Queen Alexandrine was called among relatives Alexia, but I think there are other reasons.

What do we know/have seen of Alexia's children -especially Carlos?
Do they speak any greek?
Are they Orthodox or Catholic?

The children of the Princess Alexia are Orthodox. They are studying in a private school, Arrietta, Anne-Marie, Amalia are members of a synchronized swim team, and participate in children's Championships. Carlos, I have read that he is like his grandfather, King constatine when this was child. He plays to football. I read in a blog about 50th wedding anniversary of the Kings, Constantine and Anne-Marie, that their spanish grandchildren, sent to them a message from Lanzarote, in the video, Arrietta spoke in Greek. I think that they know it

Arrietta knows greek and her Aunt Marie Chantal ?

I din't know very much about Alexia's life. I had read that her husband Carlos Morales is Spanish and they live in Barcelona. I don't know their jobs, their family etc. I think they are not rich as Pavlos and Marie-Chantal or Nikolaos and Tatiana.

I do not know the level of Greek that their children can have, but when the Kings celebrated their golden wedding in Athens, the grandchildren could not attend, by this reason they sent from Lanzarote a video where they congratulated their grandparents.

Princess Alexia lived in Barcelona, ​​from 1992 to 2003, she worked at the Caixa Foundation, in a project to help and improve the social integration of children with Down Syndrome, Alexia is a teacher specializing in children with learning problems.

Carlos is an architect, he worked in a architecs mark very relevant of Barcelona. Then they went to live in Lanzarote, Carlos was born there.

Their economic position is very good, they live in an area of ​​the island of people with good economic posicition, they have many friends with very important businessmen of the Canary Islands, I would say that their economic position is very good.

They are not billionaires like Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal, but Princess Alexia has never liked that kind of life, she has always preferred a simple life.

I think that her economic position is closer to Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana.

Last edited:
I do not know the level of Greek that their children can have, but when the Kings celebrated their golden wedding in Athens, the grandchildren could not attend, by this reason they sent from Lanzarote a video where they congratulated their grandparents.

Princess Alexia lived in Barcelona, ​​from 1992 to 2003, she worked at the Caixa Foundation, in a project to help and improve the social integration of children with Down Syndrome, Alexia is a teacher specializing in children with learning problems.

Carlos is an architect, he worked in a architecs mark very relevant of Barcelona. Then they went to live in Lanzarote, Carlos was born there.

Their economic position is very good, they live in an area of ​​the island of people with good economic posicition, they have many friends with very important businessmen of the Canary Islands, I would say that their economic position is very good.

They are not billionaires like Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal, but Princess Alexia has never liked that kind of life, she has always preferred a simple life.

I think that her economic position is closer to Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana.

Thank you very much, Iris :flowers:

Amelia the younger daughter of Princess Alexia is with the blue jacket, third in the row!

She is a very tall girl, she is only 11 years old. Bravo for Amelia, her sisters also practice synchronized swimming.

Now it is being celebrated in Spain, the tests or exams of access to the University, EBAU. Arrietta, the daughter of Princess Alexia is doing these exams, I know this because I have a friend in the Canary Islands, whose daughter is also in these tests and she has coincided with Arrietta. If Arrietta approves, it is most possible that she leaves the family home to go for study, I presume that to another University of Spain, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and others. She can also study in La Laguna, which is the University of Las Palmas de Great Canary, but it is evident that she will have to go live somewhere else because in Lanzarote there are no university possibilities.

Now it is being celebrated in Spain, the tests or exams of access to the University, EBAU. Arrietta, the daughter of Princess Alexia is doing these exams, I know this because I have a friend in the Canary Islands, whose daughter is also in these tests and she has coincided with Arrietta. If Arrietta approves, it is most possible that she leaves the family home to go for study, I presume that to another University of Spain, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and others. She can also study in La Laguna, which is the University of Las Palmas de Great Canary, but it is evident that she will have to go live somewhere else because in Lanzarote there are no university possibilities.

I didn't knoe Alexia lived in Canary islands. I thought her family was established in Barcelona.

:previous: Thank you for sharing. Those were lovely photos. Since I had a translation of the article on Google, I was able to read the text. I didn't realise that King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie founded a Greek school in London (if I've understood the translation correctly). Do you know if it's still there?

They founded it to send their own childen there after settling down in London,
especially to provide some kind of greek schooling for Pavlos. Konstantine seemed to hope for a return to greek throne for quite a while.
Now Pavlos Miller is far far away from any of this, I am not sure if the Miller's children are fluent in greek.

I didn't knoe Alexia lived in Canary islands. I thought her family was established in Barcelona.

They've lived in Lanzarote for many years now.

From memory Carlos was a a Spanish architect.

Princess Alexia has lived in Lanzarote, Canary Islands since 2003. Before she lived in Barcelona (1993-2003). In Barcelona, She worked like Group Therapist with Down's Syndrome children but she abandoned this, to dedicate herself to caring for her children. Actuallity, I know that she collaborates with different solidarity organizations in Lanzarote.
Carlos Morales is architect and has his architecture office in Lanzarote.
Alexia when she lived in London, she was graduated by surrey University , in History and Education, and she was teacher in the Hellenic College of London founded by her parents .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom