ID:	174704   Click image for larger version

Name:	b14.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	174705  

Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

from imaginescandinavia.com

Alexia, Arietta, Ana Maria, and Carlos on a walk in the Canary Islands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	178390   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	178391   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	178392   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	178393  

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	178394  

Old 08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Alexia´s parents-in-law

I wonder why she´s never seen with them. First I thought this Lady pushing the buggy was her mother-in-law, but I´m sure she isn´t. Her father-in-law hasn´t been seen any more since shortly after the wedding!
I thought they live in Lanzarote now for one reason because being closer to Carlos´family. Mr. Morales sen. didn´t seem to feel comfortable with his new royal relatives from all the beginning. He just attended the wedding, gave an interview in HOLA together with his wife (some home-story) shortly after the wedding and then probably decided to take that hell of a fuss not any longer and dissociated. Later it was told that he´s seriously ill with some heartproblems but at least he could´ve made some photos with Alexia and her little family or so. And her mother-in-law also is never seen with Alexia f.i. going for a walk or visit her in Puerto Calero.
I suppose Carlos (Alexia´s husband) is no longer in close contact to all of his family. He seems kind of an outsider by now. All his family doesn´t seem to want much contact with the royal sister-in-law....
What I´m always still a little worried about: Who ist Carlos really? Why did he really marry Alexia?......
Old 08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do not understand any of your commentaries. Alexia and Carlos live in Lanzarote, where there lives Carlos' family, a calm and very nice site. They live through a very discreet life, and the press, not to being in very special events (the advertisement of the pregnancy, the birth of the child), does not photograph them.

It seems to my me to be normal that the parents of Carlos do not look for any type of protagonism. They are not anybody and live through their life. Why have they to appear in the press?

Alexia and Carlso look like to me a happy matrominio with a nice family, do not look for any protagonism, take a discreet life. The Pricesa Alexia always has lived of very discreet form, she was like that when she was living with the Infanta Cristina in Barcelona and was working with children with Down's Syndrome. It does not seem that she has any syndrome of " rich girl ". Always she has taken a simple enough life, probably it is contradictory, if someone thinks since there lives, for example, her brother Paul.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Just because you don't see her photographed with her in-laws doesn't mean she doesn't spend time with them. All it means is that the papparazzi isn't following them all the time.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I have not read anything, gossip or credible news or otherwise, that even remotely suggests that Alexia does not get along with the Morales family. Just because the Morales' are only photographed with Alexia and Carlos and their children at baptisms or other special occasions does not mean that there are strained relationships within the family. The Morales' might very well be (and I certainly get this impression) private people who became "famous" because their son fell in love with someone famous rather than by their own choice, or are they publicity seekers who want to be photographed and interviewed because their son is married to a princess.

Carlos probably understands that his family does not want to be public figures, or casualties of the paparazzi. And as such does not drag his family out for a horse and pony show everytime there is a photo opportunity. I admire that he respects their privacy and their desires in this manner. I don't think it means at all that he is now an "outsider" among his family.

Think about how little we see Claire of Belgium's parents, or how little we see of Inaki and his parents and his siblings with the Spanish royals. None of that means that there is strained relations between the Coombs and Urdangarin families. Simply that they are private individuals and their now famous children respect their desire for privacy and honour it by not trotting them out all the time.

And what makes you think that Carlos married Alexia for any other reason than that he loves her?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Stefanie (or someone with that exact same username) has posted on other boards that she doubted whether Carlos was Arrietta's real father, so this suspicion about Carlos marrying Alexia for something other than love isn't surprising.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Arrietta´s father

Wasn´t me who posted that. It´s sad that if you start some discussion there´s always one poster who attacks the writer just because he or she doesn´t like the theme of what is discussed.
There are always again every few months some nice photos of Alexia and her family, specially when they are out for a walk or at the harbour or so. I wonder whether the press photographers make an agreement with Alexia so that she knows when they come and she can prepare for the event. If it is so, it might be fact, that her parents-in-law don´t want to be photographed and stay away. I must admit that I always want to protect Alexia a little bit. Yes,I am worried, that Carlos married her not just for love...I´m sure, he isn´t Constantine´s favorite.
About Carlos not being Arrietta´ father: That would mean Alexia cheated at him! NEVER!!! Rather other way round....
I can´t help, but I´ve this feeling inside that one day.....
Old 08-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Wasn´t me who posted that. It´s sad that if you start some discussion there´s always one poster who attacks the writer just because he or she doesn´t like the theme of what is discussed.
I don't see how anybody has been attacked in this thread so far. Some thoughts and opinons were put out there and there have been replies to some of the more "controversial" and unproven statements.

Everybody is entitled to their opinons and own thoughts about royals and their situations, even if the opinon and not a positive one, just as others are able to post positive opinons if they believe so.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Stefanie if you go to the archives and look at photos from Arrieta's christening you will, I believe, see photos of Carlos' mother among the family group. I don't know if his father is there as well since I don't know what he looks like. It does appear there are some Morales men present, though.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Mrs. Morales

When I compared photos of Mrs. Morales sen. attending f.i. Ana-Maria´s baptism with the photo of that Lady pushing the buggy in the lastest photos of Alexia further up there I came to the decision that it could be in fact Mrs. Morales sen. The hair-colour and the age might fit.
So if it´s true - then all´s well that ends well....
Old 08-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Stefanie, if you think that Carlos married Alexia for interest, I do not believe that I am like that. Alexia always has been a very simple girl, for many years she does not live with her family in London. She lived many years with the Infanta Cristina in Barcelona until this one marry; Alexia was devoting herself to her work with children with Down's Syndrome, and was not a person of going to parties,social events or doing interviews. She could have taken advantage of her niece's condition of the Kings but she never did it. I believe that the only times that she was in the habit of appearing in the press I was when she was taking part in the ditches with the Infanta.
It is true that lately there are enough photos of them, but it is easy to explain. They did a few photos to them in Lanzarote when they announced that they were waiting a son. Then the photos those who appear entering to the clinic, I imagine that some journalist already was hoping that she was giving to light, they knew that the baby was by the beginning of August and that would be born in this clinic, the thing was not difficult. Then the photos to the exit of the clinic, at least in Spain, are very habitual. Many famous people (journalists, singers ...), they pose with their babies on having gone out of the clinic.
Finally, the photos in Lanzarote have an easy explanation. In Lanzarote the Prime minister spends his vacations, for what I imagine that there is many press, so not dbee to be difficult to obtain Alexia's photos.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Alexia´s job at the Down-Syndrome-institution

Some years ago it was told that she got that job just through connections of Queen Sofia.
Alexia always applied not to be very intelligent. And this is why I´m afraid Carlos found out about that little plump wallflower and took his chance....
Constantine was aware that she, in contrast to his smart looking sons, never would manage to marry into nobility nor in wealth.
This private greek school (founded by her parents!) was as far as I know the only institution she ever attended. We are not supposed to think that if you don´t have a university degree you are generally not intelligent. But Alexia was known for years as some plump spinster hanging around with Cristina supported by her royal aunt Queen Sofia.
Carlos belonged to some sailing-guys having managed to become friends with Infanta Cristina and there he came to know Alexia around 1996. Some of the first pics showing them together appeared strange to me because he acted quite rude pushing her foreward with his hand in her back.
On their wedding day they published some film material of the ceremony in the church on Sky News and when Alexia entered the altar she looked at him as if she wanted to say: " Hey, you scallywag, either you behave or...."
Maybe they have decided "You´ll scratch my back and I´ll scratch yours"... but I´m also quite sure if ever Carlos won´t "behave", Constantine will be there....
Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Some years ago it was told that she got that job just through connections of Queen Sofia
The truth is that many people are employed because they knew someone. I know that I got my first major job interview through a friend who knew of an opening and helped me get an interview. I did the rest myself. But, my friend certainly opened the door for me. Actually, most of the people that I know are employed because of friends. Someone gave them a hand.

Quote:
Alexia always applied not to be very intelligent. And this is why I´m afraid Carlos found out about that little plump wallflower and took his chance....
I don't know where this comes from. If Alexia were not intelligent, then she wouldn't still be allowed to do the work that she does with disabled children. What is wrong with being a wallflower or plump? I suppose that by wallflower you mean a person who is quiet and keeps to themself? There is nothing wrong with being shy.

What makes Carlos such a prize? How can you say that he took his chances because Alexia appeared slow? That's awful. I hardly think that you can equate shyness with stupidity.

Quote:
Constantine was aware that she, in contrast to his smart looking sons, never would manage to marry into nobility nor in wealth.
That may be true, however only one of his elder sons has married into wealth. The other is nearing forty and still hasn't married. Nothing wrong with that, but it as it is.

Quote:
This private greek school (founded by her parents!) was as far as I know the only institution she ever attended. We are not supposed to think that if you don´t have a university degree you are generally not intelligent. But Alexia was known for years as some plump spinster hanging around with Cristina supported by her royal aunt Queen Sofia.
Princess Alexia also studied History and Education at the Froebel College (Roehmapton Institute) in London. She obtained a B.A. and also has a postgrad. certificate in Education. She also worked as a primary school teacher in London and did volunteer work at a hospital there. In 1993, Alexia obtained a Master's degree in Early Childhood Development in Barcelona.

So much for her being unintelligent and having no formal education besides that of the Hellenic school.

Doesn't seem like Alexia was hanging around, but obtaining an education and making a life for herself.

I would suggest that before you start the namecalling and labeling, Stefanie, that you do your homework.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:39 AM

When are Arietta and Ana Maria's birthdays?
Old 09-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Arietta was born February 24th,2002.Ana-Maria was born May 15th,2003 and this year on July 30th they welcomed Carlos.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

I think both Alexia and Carlos seem to have a very strong, loving marriage with three adorable children. She is to be commended on the exemplary way she has led her life and the discretion that goes with it.

Someone mentioned on here earlier about calling her plump and a wallflower. Who cares if she is not the thinnest princess or the smartest? From everything I have read about her, she is very dedicated to her profession and does not look for intentional publicity.

They seem to be very stable and loving and that is wonderful to see.

I do not blame his parents for not seeking the spotlight just because their son married a princess.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Couldn't agree with you more! I admire the way that she has kept herself and her family out of the spotlight. Her marriage seems solid and her children happy, kudos to her and Carlos! And as far as her being plump, well we can't all be thin. I think that she has a beautiful face and a nice fashion sense that if not too much or too little for her body type, not to mention, she's had three children who are fairly close in age, give the girl a break.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Even a princess's body needs time to recover after having three children basically in a row!

:)
Old 10-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Nobility

fotos of Alexia and Carlos whith the daugthers (from imagine scandinavia)