Princess Alexia, Carlos Morales and Family - Part 1: Jan 2003 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wireimage
Set 2

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,849
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,661
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,205
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,379
Wireimage
Last Set

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,542
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,936
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,482
Thanks pdas1201 for the pictures from Wire Images! :)

Arrietta has the most striking eyes!

I kept staring at these pictures to see if either of the girls resemble anyone in the Greek or even the Danish royal family but I couldn't see any resemblance. Does anyone else see a resemblance? Or perhaps they take after their Morales side of the family?

When they were babies, the girls weren't the cutiest babies of the whole world, but they have much improved. They are great, now.

RE: Casa Real de Grecia

REVISTA DIEZ MINUTOS

alexia7_2795.jpg

Alexia de Grecia luce barriguita

En Lanzarote, donde residen, Alexia de Grecia y Carlos Morales festejaron el tercer cumpleaños de su hija mayor, Arrieta.

“Lo celebramos en familia”, dijo la princesa, que lució barriguita, ya que dará a luz en agosto.

“Estamos muy ilusionados y no queremos saber el sexo del bebé”, afirmó.

Contenta por la coincidencia del embarazo con el de su prima, la infanta Cristina, contó que tanto Arrieta como su otra hija, Ana María, “han recibido muy bien la noticia”.

Summary: Arrietta's third birthday was celebrated with family. Princess Alexia and Carlos don't want to know the sex of the new baby. Alexia is coincidentally pregnant at the same time as her cousin, Infanta Cristina. Arrietta and Ana Maria have responded well to the news of the new baby.

Of all the royals Carlos and Alexia are the most beautiful couple. They seems so happy with each other

i just found out that Alexia is expecting her third child.
i really do hope, like many other members that she will be blessed with a baby boy. :)

Does anyone know where this picture was taken? Was it from the wedding of the Prince of Asturias? I can't seem to find any pics of her at the wedding.
Alexia2.jpg

You're right. That picture is Alexia and Carlos at Felipe and Letizia's wedding.

That color blue is a great color on Princess Alexia, but her hat was too floppy in the wind that day. Carlos... mmmmmmmm... that man looks positively yummy all dressed up!!! ;)

I know she must be very pregnant at this point, but I thought Princess Alexia would come visit her cousin, Infanta Cristina of Spain, because she just had her fourth child (a daughter). I know Princess Alexia and Infanta Cristina are very close and that's why I'm a little suprised at this. I guess she must be busy busy busy!

Alexia doesn't live in Barcelona anymore. I think we always saw her previously visiting Cristina because of the close proximity. Now, she and her husband live on the island where Carlos' family is from I believe. I'm sure she'll visit her sometime, but it will likely be in her home instead of a hospital visit.

Princess Alexia read a storybook to some children. (not sure of the exact event, please post if you have any idea of the event)

BTW, doesn't she work with children that have Down's Syndrome??

Colourpress

Attachments

• alex2938.jpg
    alex2938.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 388
  • alex2939.jpg
    alex2939.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 467
  • alex2940.jpg
    alex2940.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 584
  • alex2941.jpg
    alex2941.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 431
  • alex2942.jpg
    alex2942.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 487
  • alex2947.jpg
    alex2947.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 374
  • alex2946.jpg
    alex2946.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 370
  • alex2944.jpg
    alex2944.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 428
  • alex2943.jpg
    alex2943.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 485
  • alex2945.jpg
    alex2945.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 514
From La Vanguardia:

The princess Alexia of Greece coupled yesterday in Barcelona a new collection of stories that tries to explain Down's syndrome to the children. The princess, for that her third son waits by the beginning of August, narrated a story to the small ones who were present at the presentation and chatted affectionatly with them, demonstrating her passion for the children.
The collection is a work of the publishing house Edebé and of the Catalan Foundation of Down's Syndrome, an entity to which Alexia of Greece is linked from 1992, first comop edagoga and therapist and now comom iembro of the patronage. The princess, who illuminated proud her bulky belly, indicated that she takes very well the last stage of pregnancy " in spite of the heat " and made clear that her third son will be born in Barcelona and later she will go to Lanzarote, where she resides.
" It does to me the same illusion that is child or girl ", said Alexia. The princess commented that her baby " is going to have many companions of games, because the family there is growing ", in reference to the pregnancy of dona Letizia and the baby of her cousin the infanta Cristina, the small Irene, of little more than one month, which it she defined as " a funnyface ".

Here are Imagine Scandinavia's pics of the event.

PRINCESS ALEXIA OF GREECE, 8 MONTHS PREGNANT,
SPONSORED A BOOK COLLECTION FOR DOWN SINDROME
CHILDREN. SHE IS AN ACTIVE SUPORTER OF THE
CHILDREN CAUSE.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 370
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 447
Awww! Princess Alexia looks great. I can't believe she's 40; she looks so much younger than that!

Thanks for the pictures, everyone. I, too, will echo the sentiments that Princess Alexia looks wonderful! She's absolutely glowing in these pictures.

Princess Alexia of Greece and her husband Carlos Morales went to Tecknon hospital for a medical checking in Alexia nine month of pregnancy., in Barcelona, Spain on July 29,2005.

Photos from Newscom

Attachments

• b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 677
  • b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 432
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 608
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 584
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 497
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 556
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 538
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 645
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 573
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 503
More photos from Newscom

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 484
  • b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 424
  • b13.jpg
    b13.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 441
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 441
from imaginescandinavia.com

Alexia, Arietta, Ana Maria, and Carlos on a walk in the Canary Islands.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 604
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 749
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 552
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 457
Alexia´s parents-in-law

I wonder why she´s never seen with them. First I thought this Lady pushing the buggy was her mother-in-law, but I´m sure she isn´t. Her father-in-law hasn´t been seen any more since shortly after the wedding!
I thought they live in Lanzarote now for one reason because being closer to Carlos´family. Mr. Morales sen. didn´t seem to feel comfortable with his new royal relatives from all the beginning. He just attended the wedding, gave an interview in HOLA together with his wife (some home-story) shortly after the wedding and then probably decided to take that hell of a fuss not any longer and dissociated. Later it was told that he´s seriously ill with some heartproblems but at least he could´ve made some photos with Alexia and her little family or so. And her mother-in-law also is never seen with Alexia f.i. going for a walk or visit her in Puerto Calero.
I suppose Carlos (Alexia´s husband) is no longer in close contact to all of his family. He seems kind of an outsider by now. All his family doesn´t seem to want much contact with the royal sister-in-law....
What I´m always still a little worried about: Who ist Carlos really? Why did he really marry Alexia?......

I do not understand any of your commentaries. Alexia and Carlos live in Lanzarote, where there lives Carlos' family, a calm and very nice site. They live through a very discreet life, and the press, not to being in very special events (the advertisement of the pregnancy, the birth of the child), does not photograph them.

It seems to my me to be normal that the parents of Carlos do not look for any type of protagonism. They are not anybody and live through their life. Why have they to appear in the press?

Alexia and Carlso look like to me a happy matrominio with a nice family, do not look for any protagonism, take a discreet life. The Pricesa Alexia always has lived of very discreet form, she was like that when she was living with the Infanta Cristina in Barcelona and was working with children with Down's Syndrome. It does not seem that she has any syndrome of " rich girl ". Always she has taken a simple enough life, probably it is contradictory, if someone thinks since there lives, for example, her brother Paul.

Just because you don't see her photographed with her in-laws doesn't mean she doesn't spend time with them. All it means is that the papparazzi isn't following them all the time.

I have not read anything, gossip or credible news or otherwise, that even remotely suggests that Alexia does not get along with the Morales family. Just because the Morales' are only photographed with Alexia and Carlos and their children at baptisms or other special occasions does not mean that there are strained relationships within the family. The Morales' might very well be (and I certainly get this impression) private people who became "famous" because their son fell in love with someone famous rather than by their own choice, or are they publicity seekers who want to be photographed and interviewed because their son is married to a princess.

Carlos probably understands that his family does not want to be public figures, or casualties of the paparazzi. And as such does not drag his family out for a horse and pony show everytime there is a photo opportunity. I admire that he respects their privacy and their desires in this manner. I don't think it means at all that he is now an "outsider" among his family.

Think about how little we see Claire of Belgium's parents, or how little we see of Inaki and his parents and his siblings with the Spanish royals. None of that means that there is strained relations between the Coombs and Urdangarin families. Simply that they are private individuals and their now famous children respect their desire for privacy and honour it by not trotting them out all the time.

And what makes you think that Carlos married Alexia for any other reason than that he loves her?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stefanie (or someone with that exact same username) has posted on other boards that she doubted whether Carlos was Arrietta's real father, so this suspicion about Carlos marrying Alexia for something other than love isn't surprising.

Arrietta´s father

Wasn´t me who posted that. It´s sad that if you start some discussion there´s always one poster who attacks the writer just because he or she doesn´t like the theme of what is discussed.
There are always again every few months some nice photos of Alexia and her family, specially when they are out for a walk or at the harbour or so. I wonder whether the press photographers make an agreement with Alexia so that she knows when they come and she can prepare for the event. If it is so, it might be fact, that her parents-in-law don´t want to be photographed and stay away. I must admit that I always want to protect Alexia a little bit. Yes,I am worried, that Carlos married her not just for love...I´m sure, he isn´t Constantine´s favorite.
About Carlos not being Arrietta´ father: That would mean Alexia cheated at him! NEVER!!! Rather other way round....
I can´t help, but I´ve this feeling inside that one day.....

Stefanie said:
Wasn´t me who posted that. It´s sad that if you start some discussion there´s always one poster who attacks the writer just because he or she doesn´t like the theme of what is discussed.

I don't see how anybody has been attacked in this thread so far. Some thoughts and opinons were put out there and there have been replies to some of the more "controversial" and unproven statements.

Everybody is entitled to their opinons and own thoughts about royals and their situations, even if the opinon and not a positive one, just as others are able to post positive opinons if they believe so.

Last edited:
Stefanie if you go to the archives and look at photos from Arrieta's christening you will, I believe, see photos of Carlos' mother among the family group. I don't know if his father is there as well since I don't know what he looks like. It does appear there are some Morales men present, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom