Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two pics of Alexia and her daughter, together
with Princess Cristina and her daughter on their way
from kindergarten in Barcelona, March 31, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Thanks iceflower. Do you know why Alexia was in town with the kids? Was it just a weekend visit or something?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

You are welcome, ladejesus, she has been to Barcelona
because of that event for the Down's syndrome organisation
which took place the same day these pics were taken, take
a look back at page 5, you've commented on these..
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Thanks iceflower. I didn't realize she had brought the kids with her on that trip.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I must say I´m a bit worried slowly that we don´t hear or see anything about little Amelia. It´s the first time as far as I can remember that a grandchild of the Greek royal family wasn´t shown for six months. Not even a baptism date is reported so far. Wonder also, why Constantine didn´t attend the photoshooting after Amelia left hospital. Hope there´s no crisis within the family that causes this hiding.....(I have some theories about that but I better keep them hidden....)
Old 04-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Stefanie, you seem to see crises everywhere. It's nothing out of the ordinary for this family to have a child baptised even if s/he is older than six months. Achilieas-Andreas son of Pavlos and MC was born 12 August 2000 and was baptised 10 months later on 7 June 2001. So, let's leave the speculations out this discussion.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't it tradition to baptise children later in the Greek-Orthodox church? I think it's more of a bath than a bit of water on the head as in other Christian baptisms, the whole baby is dipped into the water.
By the way, are the children of Alexia and Carlos Greek-Orthodox? They married according to the Orthodox church, right? But I suppose Carlos is Catholic, since his Spanish, so what about the kids??
Old 06-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 5.6.2008

Princess Alexia of Greece picks up her children from school,
Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain, 5 June 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Christening of Amelia at Lanzarote:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/RadialPress/AD/Mar
Old 06-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the link, Amelia is precious, that photo with her mother is adorable...what a sweet little face. It looks like a lovely family gathering, the kids are the cutest! i think it's wonderful all the little cousins are close in age and will have the blessing of growing up "good friends" with each other.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

I am very happy to have seen all those beautiful picture of little Amelia´s christening. Those Morales children are sure gorgeous. And it´s great to see them with some of their cousins.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Are you sure Alexia hates her sister in law.? I find it strange, because Alexia´s children wear a lot of Marie Chantal´s clothing . At little Carlos christening, MO and the two girls, Arietta and Anna Maria had the same dresses, which were from MC´s collection.
I do not know if wearing MC's clothes makes them close friends, but I have wondered how come at least the eldest two of MCs children did not accompany their grandparents for the Baptism. P Christian was wearing a sweater from MC's clothes and I very much doubt MC & Mary are friends.
P Alexia seems so easy going and simple not the kind MC would love to socialize with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Regina View Post
Isn't it tradition to baptise children later in the Greek-Orthodox church? I think it's more of a bath than a bit of water on the head as in other Christian baptisms, the whole baby is dipped into the water.
By the way, are the children of Alexia and Carlos Greek-Orthodox? They married according to the Orthodox church, right? But I suppose Carlos is Catholic, since his Spanish, so what about the kids??
I was very interested to see pictures inside the Church but could not find many. I believe there was no "Baptism" i.e immerse the baby in the Holy water. Seemed like there was a combination of a Greek Orthodox priest performing the rite in a Catholic Church with the water on the head. Besides the one photo I saw P Alexia was holding the baby which is not the way it is done in G.O Church. The mother waits until the entire baptism is complete, the baby receives Holy Communion then the God parents give the child back to the parents.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think there is a Greek orthodox church where they live, I could very well be wrong but that's what I heard.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

I hope we´ll see pictures of Alexia and her gorgeous family this summer. They generally spend some time with the King and the Queen at Port Heli.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

The King will be in Beijing for the better part of August, there may not be a Porto Heli vacation this year.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Generally I feel that the Greeks feel closer to Nikolaos and Alexia than all the other Royal children of K C & Q AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Do you believe this about Alexia??
I think the media always made fun of her because of her weight and her big cheeks (someone once called her "examagouli",because there were rumors about Konstantinos having 6 fingers on his foot,"exadahtylos" like the last Byzantine emperor,Konstantinos IB' Palaiologos).
And,for the record,I know:it's not funny at all...
Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexia is very sweet and a very down to earth lovely lady. I do not know about the press, sometimes they go a bit too far.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,she seems very nice and I think she must be shy sometimes with the media.But I believe it's cute.Some journalists often find the opportunity to make fun of her because of that,but that's Greece:too many "smart" people around...
Old 10-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 19.10.2008

Some nice new pics of the family
Princess Alexia with husband Carlos Morales and their children Arrietta,
Ana Maria, Carlos and Amelia enjoying a day out in Lanzarote -19.10.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **