The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
or a third possibllity? Maybe it isn't a cotoure dress, but and pret-a-porte-dress (spelling?)
Fourth possibility, it was a designer but not one of a kind.
Designers are known to sell the same dress to different clients.
At a White House affaire, Lauran Bush had to go upstairs and change because two other guests were already downstairs in the same dress she had on......

Old 09-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

jinigirl is right!
As I don't think it is possible that Nicolette Sheridan has borrowed it from Tatiana, that dress is obviously a prêt-à-porter dress and not a unique haute couture dress. Prêt-à-porter dresses can be bought in the boutiques all over the world, so one shouldn't be surprised if more than a woman buy the same one!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

The implication, from what I've read, is that Tatiana wore it and returned it to the designer. The designer loaned it out a second time thinking that a) it didn't receive enough publicity and no one would know and/or b) that by leaving the top off it was enough change to the design.

For awards ceremonies, stars refuse to wear designs off the rack (for the most part) and so the anger was because someone else had worn the dress when she'd been told it had only been worn by her. Often, designers loan outfits to celebrities for free as long as the dresses are returned in good condition.

Since Tatiana works for DvF it's very possible that she had access to the dress and the designer was unaware of its use.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

It happens all the time even with the haute couture dresses.Many designers lie to their clients,there are only few professionals.I remember Sharon Stone and Tori Spelling wearing exactly the same dress...Unfortunately,unique creations are really rare nowadays.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Sg1fan:
"Since Tatiana works for DvF it's very possible that she had access to the dress and the designer was unaware of its use."

I think that it is impossible because the wedding of Joaquin of denmark was a very important event, the designer had to learn that Tatiana would take that dress. The dress of Tatiana has shoulders, this is an arrangement that the designer had to know.
After reading your opinion, I think that it is a prêt-à-porter
Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

It wouldn't surprise me at all.The Blatniks are not the Millers.Maybe that's why the "big day" hasn't come yet.....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Courtier

I imagine that Tatiana might read all those rumours of her being not rich or "good" enough for Nicholaos. If it´s true I don´t understand why she´s still by his side....For me it would be too humiliating.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tatiana through her mother and maternal grandparents is a direct descendant of William the Conqueror. She is not small change. She has a very aristocratic background. Her step father owns a chalet in Gstaad and they do not come cheap.
No one knows why Nikolaos and Tatiana are not married yet but the lady is as good as they come.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Odette, do you have a source for that? I haven't read anything about her background or her stepfather so I'm curious....
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Nobility

How about this for a possibility, maybe it is Tatiana who is not wanting to get married.Nikolaos is nice looking I agree ,but we really have no way to assess his personality.Maybe there are issues she would like to see resolved between them ,but lets not be too chauvanistic and always imagine that it is only the man in a relationship that decides its outcome.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Marlene,your post came as a shock to me!And don't get me wrong,it's just me,who thinks that Nikos is not just "nice looking".And how can someone believe that he may have a dark side,since we all know the family he belongs to.It's true that I dislike his father,but Anna Maria and the rest of his siblings are all so lovely and kind,brought up with "high standards".It's also very funny for a young dynamic woman to hear that only the man decides the outcome of a relationship....it's the stronger and more independent who decides,and sometimes it happens to be the woman in a relationship.I'm not trying to convince you,I just want to share my thoughts.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
The implication, from what I've read, is that Tatiana wore it and returned it to the designer...
If anyone should be upset by this, it should be Nicolette Sheridan. Tatiana
wore the dress first - May, 2008.
The Nicolette wears it - somewhat altered - in September, 2008.
Nicolette should be angry with her stylist who procured the dress for her - obviously there was a real "miscommunication" between the stylist and the designer.
Remember the big uproar over the silver dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker to the New York City premiere of "Sex and the City" in May, 2008?
Her gown had been previously worn TWICE - both times to very public events by other women with lots of photographs in the press. In fact, one of the times was just two weeks previous to Ms. Parker wearing the dress!This was over the news here in the USA.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Dear Iakynthi,
Perhaps you misunderstood what I was trying to say,In many of the posts people seem to always seem to imply that it is Nikolaos who is deciding whether or not he and Tatiana get married and I was simply saying that maybe Tatiana is the one who is hesitant for whatever reason.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

You are absolutely right,Marlene.I read it carefully this time:"let's not....imagine that it is only the man in a relationship that decides its outcome"."Not" goes with your last words,too.Accept my apology...and have a nice day!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all.The Blatniks are not the Millers.Maybe that's why the "big day" hasn't come yet.....
I INFER OF YOUR COMMENTS THAT YOU THINK THAT tATIANA IS NOT RICH AS MARIE CHANTAL AND IT IS THE REASON OF THAT TATIANA IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MARRY WITH NICOLAOS.
IF tATIANA WOULD BE AS ALEXANDRA MILLER OR AS PIA, SHE WOULD BE SUITABLE TO MARRY WITH HIM.
OF YOUR COMMENT I CAN DEDUCE THAT PARIS HILTON WOUL BE SUITABLE FOR MARRY WITH NICOLASO BECAUSE SHE HAS MONEY.

"BIG DAY "HASN´T COME YET..."

WHEN DOES IT COME ?WHEN THE FAMILY OF TATIANA WILL BE AS THE MILLERS, AND IF ROBERT MILLER WILL BE RUIN WITH ECONOMIC CRISIS...wHEN???
Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
Odette, do you have a source for that? I haven't read anything about her background or her stepfather so I'm curious....
I have gone as far back as King George II 1727 whose daughter Princess Mary married Frederich of Hesse-Kassel, then came Willhelm Von Hessen who married P Caroline of Danemark, their son Willhelm II von Hessen (1777) had a daughter Helen (married) Reichenbach Lessonitz. Then came Maximilian von Fabrice was the father of Ellinka Von Fabrice, mother of Margot von Gans mother of Ellinka von Einsiedel, Mother of Marie Blanche Bierlein (1954) who is the mother of Tatiana.

I have read in the Point de vue that she is a descendant of William the Conqueror but I have another 700 years to go back and I doubt I have the stamina. Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

The Blatniks are not the Millers:my point is that Tatiana's family can't support financially Konstantinos and Anna Maria or afford a luxurious wedding,like Pavlos and MC's.It's true that K. and AM can't repeat such a wedding for their 2nd son.Have you ever thought of that?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Iakynthi the King and Queen are not for sale. There is the wrong assumption that the Millers support them but I cannot believe this is true. They finance the lifestyle MC is used to and Pavlos is a direct beneficiary of their largesse. Much like a lot of Greeks get prika from their wives' family.
The Blatniks are not paupers. Tatiana's mother is an aristocrat and her stepfather is wealthy.
I do not believe for a second that this wedding is not taking place because of money.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Then why?They've been dating for 5 years.What do you really believe is the reason for such a long delay?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

No disrespect to Odette, but I doubt she would have any better idea than the rest of us as to why they haven't married. We don't know and don't really need to know. Anything else is pure uninformed speculation on our part.

Tags
greek royals, prince nikolaos