The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

I love the GRF and for me, all of them are great. Pavlos has a beautiful wife and children, Alexia has a wonderful family as well, now itīs Nikoīs turn to settle down and he sure has a lovely girlfriend. All my wishes is that heīll be happy whomever he marries. Also, there is space for all of the family and itīs inane to think that because Niko might marry Tatiana, Pavlos will be forgotten. How about Alexia? She didnīt marry into nobility as well?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Nobility

The greek newspaper "Thema" has a special section with celebrity news, so according to todays article Prince Nikolaos was planning a big birthday party at Myconos island. But his plans changed since on the 4th of October we have National Elections and a big luxurious party few days earlier with the current economic crisis would look bad. So he will have a smaller party with dinner in London were according to newspaper "sources" he will announce his engagement with his long term girlfriend Tattiana.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
The greek newspaper "Thema" has a special section with celebrity news, so according to todays article Prince Nikolaos was planning a big birthday party at Myconos island. But his plans changed since on the 4th of October we have National Elections and a big luxurious party few days earlier with the current economic crisis would look bad. So he will have a smaller party with dinner in London were according to newspaper "sources" he will announce his engagement with his long term girlfriend Tattiana.
Nikolaos is a private person, he has a job and works for a living. IMO he, and everyone else who can afford it, is free to have a big party when and where he likes!
We could only overcome an economic crisis when we s p e n d our money, and it would look better if spends his money in Greece than in London ;-)
Old 09-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Nikolaos is a private person, he has job and works for a living. IMO he and everyone else who can afford it, is free to have big party when and where her likes!
We could only overcome an economic crisis when we s p e n d our money, and it would look better if spends his money in Greece than in London ;-)
I agree with you, i am just giving you a very small summary of the article.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

I think it will be in London as the party of Pavlo 2007, but I think it will be private. I do not think that the party could be in his house because it is very small ..

LIA, I read it.. I do not believe it.

Was Prince Charles godfather of Nikolaos? I think Niko's godparents were Prince Michael of Greece, Prince Hessen .. but I think Prince Charles was not the godfather of Niko.
I think that Niko will not announces it because when Alexia wedding announcement, days before, both families, with Queen Margaret , Queen Sofia ,Princess Cristina were met for the official photo ... and I think that the Queens of Spain and Denmark have not met yet
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Two more days left and then we may have to open a new thread.
No matter how and where it happens I want to send the Prince my best wishes for his upcoming 40th Birthday and many Happy Returns.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Nobility

I hope and believe that the Prince would like to make an announcement at a different special date for the couple. For example the day they meet?Or started dating?This would be more romantic don't you think?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I hope and believe that the Prince would like to make an announcement at a different special date for the couple. For example the day they meet?Or started dating?This would be more romantic don't you think?
We have been hashing and rehashing this for so many years....
I wish them both the best of luck and lots of happiness whether they get married or not.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

You are right the problem for us now is to determine where they first met, I remember the summer of 2003 in Majorca Niko was not passing the vations with his parents, then in September was Markos Nomikos's wedding with Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies in Spain, Niko was only with his mother, queen Anne maria, a week after the magazine Hola! published the first pictures.They were walking by Athens, they were Athens for assist to a party of wedding of Markos... It was october of 2003.
In conclusion, they met before the summer of 2003
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Somewhere along the line I read that they met in Gstaad where
Tatiana's step father owns a chalet.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Somewhere along the line I read that they met in Gstaad where
Tatiana's step father owns a chalet.
So they meet christmas 2002?Or the GRF goes more than once a year in Gstaad for vacation?

And the first pics were in October 2003?I think i remember the greek channels showing Nikolaos in Myconos with Tattiana and a group of friends one of the first summers the family started coming for vacation. If only i could remember the year.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So they meet christmas 2002?Or the GRF goes more than once a year in Gstaad for vacation?

And the first pics were in October 2003?I think i remember the greek channels showing Nikolaos in Myconos with Tattiana and a group of friends one of the first summers the family started coming for vacation. If only i could remember the year.
I believe the GRF goes to Gstaad only after the New Year for skiing.
Just think hard of the year the Greek team won the European championship.
He was staying at the Grande Bretagne and wrapped himself in the flag and went with the fans to Omonia. When the media was chasing him, a couple of days later, he asked them to give him space because Tatiana was with him and he wanted to show her Athens.
PS Do not ask me what type of championship since I cannot remember.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

this might be, every winter the royal family receives the new year period,in Gstaad.This does not fail , they were presented by common friends
Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I believe the GRF goes to Gstaad only after the New Year for skiing.
Just think hard of the year the Greek team won the European championship.
He was staying at the Grande Bretagne and wrapped himself in the flag and went with the fans to Omonia. When the media was chasing him, a couple of days later, he asked them to give him space because Tatiana was with him and he wanted to show her Athens.
PS Do not ask me what type of championship since I cannot remember.
Ok i it was 2004 before the Olympic Games that we won the european football championship in Portugal....but i think the relationship started sooner......do we have any threads here with the first pics of the couple to see dates?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
this might be, every winter the royal family receives the new year period,in Gstaad.This does not fail , they were presented by common friends
Its possible they meet there and the relationship was under the radar for a while!!Besides Nikolaos appears to be a very private person and must have been very careful.

ps: Obviously its not very hard to keep a relationship secret for few months. Remember Prince Felipe and Letizia, they were dating for 3-4 months before it became public. (and they got engaged)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tomorrow the Prince is turning 40 years old.
If that milestone means more than just a birthday, we will soon find out.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

It is true, a detail,tomorrow the Kings of Greece will be in Denmark because Constantine is member of the Olympic Committee.. and in Denmark will be the Kings of Spain, Queen Sofia ... this would be the time appropriate for the official photo of commitment, Queen Sofia, Queen Margaret, kings of Greece and Tatiana's family and boyfriends ......
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you have information that Tatiana's family will be in Denmark tomorrow??
Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know if a birthday celebration is being planned for the prince's 40th birthday? It would be lovely to see photos of the prince celebrating his birthday.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

I do not meet Tatiana's family .. I think when this will be public, we will discover who they are.
When was the commitment of Paul and Marie Chantal attended to it menbers of the Spanish Royal family and the Danish Queen, Sofia and Queen Ingrid. In the engagement of Princess Alexia and Carlos were, Princess Cristina of Spain, Queen Sofia and Queen Margrethe of Denmark ... I think that the birthday party will be the weekend, in my opinion .... Saturday, in London ....

Do you remember the Pavloīs party in london?, the guests had to go dressed as angels or demons .. How would it be that of Nikolaos? a greek party

Closed Thread

Tags
greek royals, prince nikolaos