The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Prince Nikolaos current events 1: November 2002-March 2007

from greekroyalfamily.org

Prince Nikolaos was born on 1 October 1969, in Rome, in the Villa Claudia Clinic. King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie had left Athens after the Colonel's coup in 1967, and moved to Rome.

In 1973, when Prince Nikolaos was 4, the family moved to Copenhagen for 9 months. They lived in the Amalienborg Palace - Queen Anne-Marie's childhood home. Prince Nikolaos remembers running up and down long corridors 'and the days getting dark early'.

Then the family moved to Chobham in Surrey for a year, before settling in Hampstead, London in 1975.

Prince Nikolaos' first six years of education were undertaken at home, by professor John Kanellopoulos, with his brother Pavlos and sister Alexia.

On his eleventh birthday, the Hellenic College of London was founded. It was then a boarding school, and Prince Nikolaos attended until he was 17.

He says that, at the school, he 'created mischief' and was sporty - playing football and tennis. His favourite subject was physics.

One of his early exposures to politics was during his time at school. The school started out as being part of the Greek educational system with teachers appointed by the State. Various situations arose as a result of differing political beliefs among the staff of the school. This caused tensions in the school, and Prince Nikolaos says that this is where he first 'lived' politics.

He remembers a Maths teacher from Crete (who was much admired by his pupils), breaking down in tears in front of the class because the Greek Government no longer wished him to teach at the school.

'It was my first insight into politics', he says. Eventually, the King closed it down, and re-established it as a wholly private school, having nothing to do with the Greek Government. It now has 175 pupils, and is very successful.

After the Hellenic College, Prince Nikolaos went to the Collingham Tutorial College in Kensington, gaining an A level in Spanish to add to his O levels, before leaving for New York in October 1987. There he took a market research post with a leading telecommunications company, Metromedia.

He loved every minute in New York - 'my favourite city in America'. His first impressions were that it was just as he had imagined it in the movies - steam coming out of manholes in the road and yellow cabs. His first trip to America had been in 1977 when he was taken to Disney World by his father and the late King Hussein of Jordan.

He went again for the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. In 1988, Prince Nikolaos began studying for a degree in International Relations, focussing on Diplomacy and Security at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. He spent 5 years there - but with a break of a year in 1990 when he joined the British Army on a Short Service Limited Commission.

After 3 weeks at Sandhurst, he joined the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards as a 2nd. Lieutenant. He was posted to Germany and took part in the major military exercise 'Medicine Man'.

He considered 'signing on' for a full-time commission. But then came the Gulf War, and, because he was on a Short Service Limited Commission, he was not allowed to go.

He was very disappointed by that, because he had wished to join his fellow officers, with whom he had trained in the month before the War, when the Regiment had been put on special alert. He values his time in the British Army where he learnt 'how the cogs of the military work together under pressure'.

In 1991, Prince Nikolaos went back to complete his studies at Brown University. In 1993, with his new degree, he moved into TV production for Fox News in New York.

He was an active member of a news production team for two years - gaining experience in writing, original shooting, graphics, editing and archive. 'It was great fun to be in the city I love, doing a job which allows you to have your finger on the pulse'.

Prince Nikolaos returned to London in 1995, to work in finance in the City at NatWest Markets. There he worked in the foreign exchange options department.

Prince Nikolaos has visited Greece twice - once for his Grandmother's (Queen Frederica) funeral in 1981, and again with his family on a 2 weeks private holiday in 1993.

Both occasions were very emotional for him. He recalls the joy he felt at visiting his homeland, and seeing for himself what a beautiful nation it is.

Prince Nikolaos is currently working at his father's Private Office in London, and lives in Chelsea. He also serves a member of the Board of Governors of the Hellenic College of London.

Old 11-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Majesty

He has dated a Danish woman and a super Model -what was her name, was it Elle?

Old 11-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Courtier

I think that he dated Elle Macpherson if my memory is correct. They are sextremely good friends today. The Danish woman that he dated for several years is Sofie Egmont-Peterson.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:23 AM
Majesty

www.teenhollywood.com

Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly ditched her romance with British rocker Chris Matrin and found love with Prince Nicolas of Greece.

The Shakespeare in Love star has ended her relationship with the Coldplay frontman, and friends say she is even dreaming of a fairytale wedding with the prince.

Friends say Nicholas has become a regular visitor to Gwyneth's London home.

A pal reveals, "Things are pretty hot between them right now. She's fallen in love and who knows where it will end? What's wrong with an actress marrying a prince? Think of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Morocco."

Unlucky-in-love Gwyneth, who lists Madonna as a close friend, boasts Hollywood hunks Ben Affleck, Luke Wilson and Brad Pitt as former boyfriends.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Commoner

ninemsn.com under Hot Gossip had this to report today

Lady Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow is working as hard as ever to break into the world's most elite social circles.

The 30-year-old actress, who's currently dating Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin, spent a recent weekend at Mulgrave Castle, the home of the Marquess of Normanby in North Yorkshire, England. Gwyn, who's been living in London for most of this year, arrived in style via helicopter.

The actress is clearly enjoying associating with the aristocracy. Only a few weeks ago the Academy Award winner attended an exclusive party thrown by Prince Nikolaos of Greece. The bash was held at the Blakes Hotel in London for Nikolaos's pals Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. The event was littered with a Who's Who of European royals with whom Gwyneth mingled all night, and other guests included Aussie supermodel Elle Macpherson and her partner Arki Busson (Elle once dated Nikolaos).

On top of this there was Gwyneth's fleeting romance with Crown Prince Felipe of Spain. The pair were seen out on a number of intimate dates earlier this year. While that relationship didn't last it appears her desire to live the life of a queen certainly has.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Kelly B

I think she has been making the rounds with the social scene but I am not totally ready to say she has moved on from Chris Martin.
Though she has the "love em and leave em" pattern down pat. She was just interviewed saying she has recently considered the idea of never being married. I saw this interview and the words were from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
These sentiments are not the words of a girl who is dreaming of her fairy tale wedding. When I see pics of her and Nic --then I think there is viability in the story, but for now--I figure she sells papers/mags--editors know this.

Since they couldn't sell the Felipe story for long--now they are using his cousin.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Courtier

I really don't know what to believe about Gwyneth anymore. It really seemed that she was very interested in Chris Martin, but as you said Kelly she does go through boyfriends like Kleenex. In that respect, it is possible that she may have moved on already or perhaps become bored with him. However, if she is dating Nikolaos or just even thinking about it I really doubt that it will lead to marriage-Kleenex, "love 'em and leave 'em" thing and all.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Majesty

here with father and brother

ETA copyright source www.alloverpress.dk /Mandy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2668   Click image for larger version

Views:	248
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2669   Click image for larger version

Views:	221
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2670   Click image for larger version

Views:	312
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2671  

Views:	230
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	2672   Click image for larger version

Views:	254
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2673   Click image for larger version

Views:	290
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2674   Click image for larger version

Views:	232
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2675  

Views:	1039
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	2676   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2677  
Old 02-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	2678   Click image for larger version

Views:	995
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2679   Click image for larger version

Views:	1435
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	2680   Click image for larger version

Views:	942
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2681  

Views:	762
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2682   Click image for larger version

Views:	774
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	2683   Click image for larger version

Views:	781
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	2684   Click image for larger version

Views:	764
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	2685  

Views:	765
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	2686   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2687  
Old 02-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	228
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	2688   Click image for larger version

Views:	219
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2689   Click image for larger version

Views:	263
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2690   Click image for larger version

Views:	737
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	2691  

Views:	344
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2692   Click image for larger version

Views:	294
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2693   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2694   Click image for larger version

Views:	263
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2695  

Views:	271
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2726  
Old 02-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

There are several photos halfway down with Nikolaos and a lady in a black halter dress. This is the first time I've ever seen a photo of Nikolaos smoking. I didn't know he smoked. Do other members of his family smoke? Like King Constantine, Prince Pavlos, Queen Anne Marie or Princess Alexia? I know that members of his extended family smoke, such as Queen Margrethe, Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim, King Juan Carlo and Infanta Elena.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Majesty

picture from http://alloverpress.dk
picture from www.greekroyalfamily.org
picture from Corbis
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	200
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	473   Click image for larger version

Views:	220
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	474   Click image for larger version

Views:	831
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	3352   Click image for larger version

Views:	275
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	3363  

Name:	n.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	5972  
Old 03-09-2003, 03:54 AM
Courtier

I am not sure about all of the other members of the family, but I do know that Queen Anne-Marie used to smoke and she quit some time ago. If I see any other pictures of members of the family smoking or find any news about this, I will post it here.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Prince Nikolaos
Photo From: All Over Press
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nikolaos.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	4874  
Old 05-30-2003, 08:04 PM
CountessofLuxembourg

Prince Nikolaos can marry who ever he wants. He'll find someone regardless what nationality she is.
B)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Majesty

I found this at www.ritva.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	8394  
Old 06-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone translate this article? I'm dying to know what it says! Or at least who the woman in the picture is?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Anja78

The name of the girl is not mentioned on the article.Itīs a typical german article about VIP.
Love and tears, nothing special. I think they had to rise the number of bought magazins. You can find it every day in germany nothing special. Sometimes itīs Felipe, Nikolaos or someone else.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Because Josefine has asked me, Iīve translated the article. But as it was said the post before itīs not a "special" one. Typical german tabloid stuff: Victoria is sad and in serious danger that her eating disorders will come back, because Nicolaos, Frederik, Felipe, Daniel 1, Daniel 2 even Leonardo DiCaprio has left her... The most stupid thing is, that they quote friends (which are of course invented). I would wish, that germany would have more serious tabloids, with more current photos, and without photo-montages and invented stories!!
The Translation:
She looks depressed in these days. She has to force herself to every smile. Her eyes are reflecting the sadness of her soul. "No wonder" friends of the heir are saying..."once again Victoria has lost a big love." A long time the swedish princess hoped for a happy end between her and the greek prince Nicolaos (33). Both had a few years ago a romance and didnīt get away from each other since then. Whenever they met aroused their passion again. And when Victoria (25) felt bad/unsound, Nicolaos had always an open ear for her problems. But in the future it seems as if he canīt offer her a "shoulder for leaning" (<-german phrase), because Nicolaos seriously felt in love with a beautiful french girl. He avows himself to her in public, doesnīt hide his feelings, but stands for his relationship. "We canīt see us that often anymore" he said to Victoria on the phone. "Of course she has kept her countenance, but later she had to cry" told a friend of the crown princess ECHO DER FRAU. Around her all felt in love, are engaged or married. Itīs seems as if Victoria would be the only one, who was forgotten of Amor. Sister Madeleine (20), Ex-boyfriend Daniel Collert, her girlfriends.....HERE IS THE ARTICLE CUT...the sad princess takes over even more official duties than before, she works more to detract herself from her loneliness. "Hope that she wonīt become ill again" friends and relatives worry. "Victoria should meet her dream-prince, a man who takes it seriously with her. She has earned that happiness"
THE TEXT UNDER THE NICOLAOS-PICTURE: In casual wear Nicolaos and his girlfriend showed themselves to the public. In front of the noble boutique they smoked cigarettes before they did their shopping.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Jay has updated her new site and here is a link to the new pictures of Prince Nikolaos. I love that first photo. :) LINK: Nikolaos&#39;s Photos

Here&#39;s the link to the new udated to her page. There are some new photos of Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal.

LINK: Pavlos and MC Photos