Prince Nikolaos current events 1: November 2002-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paloma said:
He has had a few girfriends who have attended events, royal and otherwise. Sofie Edgemont Peterson comes to mind.:rolleyes:

He was very serious about sofie but i don't think he was about zoe who he also took events.

I have even met them in Athens on a trip once. I have friends that have eaten dinner with the family and know them pretty well. I love the royal family and they are some of the nicest people one can meet. But that doesn't mean that I will be able to marry Nik( whom I really love because he's a great guy). He will marry someone that comes from money not MC rich but they have a few million to work with. That doesn't mean that he doesn't love the woman it just means she has money. That's the crowd he runs around with and there is nothing wrong with that. Nik can marry whomever he wants with in reason. Money has always married money for generation and they always will. That's one of their ways of staying rich and hopefully richer if the deal is good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jo said:
He will marry someone that comes from money there is nothing wrong with that.
Disagree, you may be trained/conditioned to think that's good but it's pretty sinful. It's a prison if you find someone without 'enough' money. I hope you are wrong in your assumptions Jo.:eek:

Angela - Natalia said:
Disagree, you may be trained/conditioned to think that's good but it's pretty sinful. It's a prison if you find someone without 'enough' money. I hope you are wrong in your assumptions Jo.:eek:

That will never be a problem seeing that he hangs around people with millions in the bank. You can say that I'm trained to think this way but so is Nik and the rest of that branch of society. That is the way they stay in power and wealthy is to marry money. Money makes money. money marries money. This is no assumption it's fact. It's been that way since before any of us were born.

I meant 'you' generically, not you personally.

~Hypothetically you understand~ It's difficult on the other side of the fence. Knowing that 'a person' was percieved to be not worth it or too greater risk becasue 'a person' wasn't from a wealthy background. Regardless of personality or attraction or anything about 'a person' themself, the only really important thing was that her parents weren't rich, she didn't go to a private school and that came FIRST above anything else. The things she was powerless to change where black marks so why not make her life a misery for the next 2 and a half years?? Then why not choose a girl that "fits" with peer group prejudices even if the guy is half-hearted about her because that has to be 'right' doesn't it?? wrong.

It's not a simple fact of life if your 'a person'. It would break your heart and kill your soul, in short a living Hell. Nobody enjoys being a second class person and it never really seems right or justifiable. Whe're all Human even if our fathers where not rich enough for a certain type of man.

Personally, I believe that the eternal talk about "rich" and "poor" people is old-fashioned and cliche. I mean, last time I checked it was 2005 :) ! When it comes to such an important decision as marriage, it's wise to base your decision on more essential criteria than the other's financial status.
Otherwise, you'll end up being miserable wondering what went wrong. So, for prince Nikolaos' own sake I hope he chooses to marry someone who corresponds to his needs, someone he would be proud to call "his wife". My two cents :rolleyes: ...

I understand what you are saying but this is the real world. Unfortunately, fairness doesn't really matter a whole lot. This is the way wealth families not just nik's have worked and will work for generations.

Old fashioned or not it is the way things are.

Then, I guess at a certain level of wealth you begin to think that way...Maybe you're right, it's kind of pathetic and sad though.

prm79 said:
Then, I guess at a certain level of wealth you begin to think that way...Maybe you're right, it's kind of pathetic and sad though.

I agree. I have some friends that are pretty wealthy and they have arguments about who drives the bigger bmw or jag. If you own a bently (sp?) then you are to envy of all. they do it so they know how much money you family has. they've done it since high school. :rolleyes:

Engagement

What do you all think? Will the engagement between him and Tatiana be announced even in 2005? In earlier days it wasn´t common to bring a girlfriend along to family festivities ( f.i. Odysseas´ baptism) without being engaged yet. So why wait longer? Or does Constantine still hope for Victoria and Nikolaos? One reason why it´s not announced yet might be the fact that Tatiana is only 25 or so. But Nikolaos is getting older and older and the family must be aware that he´ll never manage to marry into another royal or noble family.

If Nikolaos considered her as his true love and really wanted to marry her then he would show some backbone. Come on The Duke of Windsor did and he had a kingdom to lose, what does Nik have to lose so much? So that leaves two options: either she's not his true love or he doesn't have a backbone.

I don't think that she is his 'true love'. I don't think that anyone has a true love anyway. I don't think that his actions have suggested a trip to the altar really. He has always brought his lastest girlfriend to family and public events. They look to be more in love (at least she does) then his other relationships have. Either way I want him to be happy becasue he was so nice to me. When I was in Athens a few months ago visiting family I had the chance to meet him and he was so nice that he talked to me for 30 mins. Now that is a really nice man! He didn't have to do that.

Slimey Salamie cornering Nikolaos for half an hour and telling him all sorts of stories. Do you tell him you are 20 different people on the internet and have a weird obsession and hatered of several members of his family? I'll bet you didn't, did you old Sal.

What are you talking about? I love all the royal family! As for what we talked about it mainly was about Greece and where the best places are to eat. Then he had to show me where this one place was on the map ( btw he smells really good so if any of you ever get the chance to ask him to show you something on a map lean way in toward him;) ) because I can't read greek. Then he said I hope you and your friends have a great time. and shook my hand. 3 days later i saw him with a few friends again at a resturant and told him how much I like this place in told me about that i can't spell. Then I and my friend left because we had already eaten. It was nothing big and wonderful from what i get from my friends in greece it is a common thing to see him and/or his family in greece now.

Angela - Natalia said:
Slimey Salamie cornering Nikolaos for half an hour and telling him all sorts of stories. Do you tell him you are 20 different people on the internet and have a weird obsession and hatered of several members of his family? I'll bet you didn't, did you old Sal.

Jo said:
It was nothing big and wonderful from what i get from my friends in greece it is a common thing to see him and/or his family in greece now.

what is the reaction of greek people when they see them around.... good or bad? or no reaction at all

thanks Queens

I totally understand what you're saying and I agree with you 100%.He can marry whomever he wishes to marry,but the fact is he only knows women who belong to rich and upper class families.He would be more comfortable with someone with such a background.They will understand each others problems and issues.I think that was one of the biggest problems with Charles and Diana's marriage;she didn't understand the ways royal family lived.She became sort of an outcast because of her differences.So,I understand what you were trying to say Jo.;) :)

Queens said:
what is the reaction of greek people when they see them around.... good or bad? or no reaction at all

thanks Queens

Well I was mostly looking a nik and the map but the people that walked by us were all very friendly toward him. they would wave and one came up and shook his hand and said something in greek to him. Although I think Greeks in general are all very lovely nice people. I love going to Greece because the people are alway very nice and open armed about tourist. :D

I saw this awhile back, I thought you guys would find it interesting. Sorry I didn't get it up sooner.:eek: It is from Alex's site.
[font=verdana, arial][/font]
[font=verdana, arial][/font]
[font=verdana, arial]Posted by Lia on 8/16/2005, 10:15 am

[font=verdana, arial]I am on my summer vacation so i decided to take a gossip magazine to read at the beach. At the "Hi" magazine there is an article about Nikolaos-Tattianna and King Konstantinos. According to the mag Nik had an argument with his father because he wants to marry Tattiana. His father is opposite to this wedding. The mag also mentions that her father is a Serbian businessman, her mother German, they meet in Venezuela. Tattiana was born there and then raised in Columbia until she left with her mother to live in NYC.She meet Nik in a gala at Gstaad.(All these according to the gossip magazine) ps: Nikolaos was recently seen in Myconos at a party alone and people that are close to him believe he will not marry her.

[/font]

[/font]

well, the fact that she was allowed to pose with the whole family at the recent baptism of the unfortunately named Odysseas Kimon certainly suggests that she is accepted by Constantine.

Nik has brought other girlfriends to events in the past. Constantine may accept her as a girlfriend and not as a wife. I think that Constantine wants Nik to marry Victoria of Sweden. JMO Personally, I don't think that Nik will ever marry. He seems to be inclined to wait for Constantine's permission and unless the girl is titled or Marie Chantal type wealthy, she will not be accepted by Constantine. What a lonely and miserable life.

IMO Costantine still lives in fantasy land. He has not accepted exile and somehow thinks that having his family be publicity whores is somehow going to force greeks into wanting them back. Good lord, move on and get a life. This man is a nuisance.

Last edited:
I agree. Nik has brought his lady friends to family events. The rules are a bit lighter since he isn't the crown prince.
I don't think that Constantine wants Nik to marry Victoria. Maybe a royal or noble with titles and money.my opinion is that nik isn't going to marry at least not at this time. He doesn't have to.
I think that the Greek people like watching the former royal family they're celebs. what ever their opnion is of the king.

How truly wealthy is the Greek Royal family?

I don't want to acknowledge the above rumours (because, none of us knows what Constantine has said to Nikolaos about any personal matter in the privacy of their relationship) but I do wonder if Nikolaos will sometime need to find a sizeable and stable source of income in order to sustain his lifestyle. He's worked as a production assistant before and that's certainly not a high-salaried job- his work with his mother's foundation is charitable and likely not highly salaried either. So, work aside (does he have any other skills?), I wonder if a wealthy wife, following the example of his older brother, might be the easiest way to reach financial independence and remain in a life of luxury.

Eiza

I'm going say of course he needs to find a sizeable and stable source of income because this is how old money has been and done since there has been such thing as old money. I don't think that the former Greek royal family is all that wealthy not in the sence of royal family rich. But i'm not sure on the exact amount thought.

Happy Birthday to Nikos! :D

It is reality that ppl marry for money and alot of times not for the heart. This is what keeps the money rollin'. Of course ppl would like to think rosy thoughts about how ppl woudl follow their heart and insides, but reality is that there is sooo much pressure to sustain one's position in high society. But I think it is best that one marries for the heart and that one is able to sustain himself in his position and not have to depend on another person.

Last edited:
I think that he will marry for both heart and money. That won't be too hard for him since he runs around with people that have loads of money. Maybe they are not on the same scale as MC but millions or multi-millions is nothing to snub either! He will still be able to live the life he has been and not have to loss face with his wealthy friends and family.

Someone else mentioned him as a prospective bridegroom for Beatrice of York. He's kind of old for that, don't you think??

attachment.php

i still like these to togather

I hope very much he's single again and hoping to meet someone nice in the next couple of weeks/months. :eek: .Perhaps someone a bit diferent from the usual girl he's dated. I think given an equal chance like a well-off girl we would have some steamy chemistry and probably quite a bit in commen. I know the attraction was mutual.

I was told he did an interview for Greek Hello magazine when it launched rescently but I didn't hear the details.

Last edited:
There was an article on their visit (his and his father's) to Australia, not an interview. Although he seems to have put on some weight, he remains very handsome :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom