The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Aristocracy

I think that he has the beard to hide the double chin he has now. That is also why he is looking downward too. I like his hair. It looks good maybe he just wanted to try something different.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Courtier

35+ is a bit late to start experiencing with your looks! He should stick to his classic himself which is wonderful.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Commoner

What does Tatiana do? I mean, is she a student, or is she working etc.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
My eye sight is 20/20 and I say you wrong!
I disagree. I think the beard brings out his blue eyes more and increases his look of ease and confidence with himself. I love Crown Prince Pavlos and think he is better looking now that he is older and enjoying what appears to be a happy family life. However, I hated that picture of he and Marie-Chantal a few years back in Vanity Fair. Although she looked serene and beautiful in her side profile, his chin looked weak and his lips pouty. But now, he looks wiser and more at ease in the many photos of his family. Still, I would rather have Nikolaos as a leader and future king than Pavlos.:o
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar135x
What does Tatiana do? I mean, is she a student, or is she working etc.
She works in London ( she moved there to be near nikos) but I have never read or heard any details about where or doing what. She graduated from georgetown universtiy with an art history degree. I think in 2001 or 2003 there abouts. I'm not really sure.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Commoner

Since Nikolaos is liked by the general public,do you think he should carry on working for his father or move on to something else?Does he have a future in Greek politics or should he stay away from them?If he can contribute something to greek society,apart from enhancing the image of the royal family,what could this be?Is he brave enough to open his wings and fly or will he live under the shadow of his title and heritage?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Question

I don't know that Nikolaos could have a political (ie, elected official) career in Greece at present. There may be residency and constitutional reasons why he could not at present run for office in Greece (any experts on Greek political science please feel free to enlighten me!) I think it would be better from my viewpoint for him to continue working in the philanthropic/cultural areas, perhaps building a foundation of goodwill for some future position in the government. I don't know if an ambassadorship or some other such office would be an option for him. I think he definitely has the charisma for political office but maybe not the stomach for all the demands of one.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Aristocracy

I think since Nikos is so well liked that he does have a future in Greek politics. When I met him that one time in Athens people were very nice to him coming up and shaking his hand, one got his photo taken with him. He was very relatable like he was one of us not just another royal. I think that he should stay on with his dad until he gets married. I do think that he needs to marry a Greek women not tatiana even though I like her. The impression I got from Nikos talking to him about Greece one can tell that he is very proud of being from Greek. He reminded me of my Greek family. Everything-came-from Greece-kind-of-pride. watch my big fat greek wedding if you haven't and you'll understand what I'm saying.
Anyway that my humble belief.:o
Old 04-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Commoner

This is my first post so bear with me. Where was Tatiana born? Is she from a wealthy family or an ordinary one? Earlier there was discussion of the ring worn by Nikos. It is my understanding that many royal and aristocratic men wear a signet ring on their little finger which has the family crest on it.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADIA
This is my first post so bear with me. Where was Tatiana born? Is she from a wealthy family or an ordinary one? Earlier there was discussion of the ring worn by Nikos. It is my understanding that many royal and aristocratic men wear a signet ring on their little finger which has the family crest on it.
Many places have been said to be were tatiana was born some say columbia others that she is an american. I know that she is from New York. Her family is wealthy. The ring he wears is his family crest.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Gentry

So,

She was borned in a Hospital in NY.Ok so far!!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
Many places have been said to be were tatiana was born some say columbia others that she is an american. I know that she is from New York. Her family is wealthy. The ring he wears is his family crest.
the Colombian partner is Andrea Cashiragi's girlfriend, Tatiana Santodomingo
Nikolaos' girlfriend is American
Old 04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
I think since Nikos is so well liked that he does have a future in Greek politics. When I met him that one time in Athens people were very nice to him coming up and shaking his hand, one got his photo taken with him. He was very relatable like he was one of us not just another royal.....

I think he should avoid politics like the plague. If he's as nice as people say, then I'd hate to see him have to deal with nasty politics. I agree he would do better to get involved with philanthropic causes. Then again, maybe he could be the "good guy" in politics for a change.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADIA
... Earlier there was discussion of the ring worn by Nikos. It is my understanding that many royal and aristocratic men wear a signet ring on their little finger which has the family crest on it.
Yes, I was the one who asked about the rings Nikolaos and Pavlos wear. Thanks for answering my question. I had thought it was a family heirloom of some kind. I'm assuming the signet ring doesn't really serve any practical purpose other than for decoration since the Greek family is deposed. Do ruling families use the rings for any practical purpose... perhaps when they sign their name? Or is it just for indentification purposes?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Heir Apparent

It's more about a tradition thing, to always carry a symbol of their families with themselves, the rings are no longer used as seals or stuff like that
Old 04-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
the Colombian partner is Andrea Cashiragi's girlfriend, Tatiana Santodomingo
Nikolaos' girlfriend is American
I have heard it about her mother or father was from there so that may have something to do with nationality.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
I think he should avoid politics like the plague. If he's as nice as people say, then I'd hate to see him have to deal with nasty politics. I agree he would do better to get involved with philanthropic causes. Then again, maybe he could be the "good guy" in politics for a change.
I don't thing that he is that gullable. He know how to work a crowd with the best of them.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Courtier

I understand the people of Greece don't like their ex-King for obvious reasons, but why are the rest of the family, including Nikolaos, so disliked in Greece, besides MC? How do they feel about Queen Sofia of Spain, a Greek Princess? I don't know much about the 'Greek Royal Family' or the Greek people except what I read. I'm just asking.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, their feelings for Sofia are almost the same, as for Constantine. That is also caused because of the then government and palace wanting to give her an overwhelming dowry when she got married to Juan Carlos. People still recall the left-wing slogan of those times "Give dowry (money) to education, and not to Sofia",
As for the children, they certainly like Nikolaos more than Pavlos and MC, they 're not bothered much with Alexia, and they hardly know the names of Philippos and Theodora. Not to mention they do not even recall Princess Irene existing, and some of them think she has passed.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Commoner

I thought it was the royal family that requested the dowry for sofia and created a bad climate between them and the government.According to a tv programme from alpha channel,the government didn't want to give a dowry but gave in,eventually.The programme mentioned that they gave sofia 9 million drachmas when the average monthly wage at that time was just 2 thousand drachmas.If the royal family didn't want the dowry,they could have easily refused or allocate the money elsewhere,but it seems they took them happily.The programme mentioned a few other things as well,which all left me
with a very negative impression about the royals of that time......

Closed Thread