The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Engagement

What do you all think? Will the engagement between him and Tatiana be announced even in 2005? In earlier days it wasn´t common to bring a girlfriend along to family festivities ( f.i. Odysseas´ baptism) without being engaged yet. So why wait longer? Or does Constantine still hope for Victoria and Nikolaos? One reason why it´s not announced yet might be the fact that Tatiana is only 25 or so. But Nikolaos is getting older and older and the family must be aware that he´ll never manage to marry into another royal or noble family.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Courtier

If Nikolaos considered her as his true love and really wanted to marry her then he would show some backbone. Come on The Duke of Windsor did and he had a kingdom to lose, what does Nik have to lose so much? So that leaves two options: either she's not his true love or he doesn't have a backbone.

Old 08-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think that she is his 'true love'. I don't think that anyone has a true love anyway. I don't think that his actions have suggested a trip to the altar really. He has always brought his lastest girlfriend to family and public events. They look to be more in love (at least she does) then his other relationships have. Either way I want him to be happy becasue he was so nice to me. When I was in Athens a few months ago visiting family I had the chance to meet him and he was so nice that he talked to me for 30 mins. Now that is a really nice man! He didn't have to do that.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Commoner

Slimey Salamie cornering Nikolaos for half an hour and telling him all sorts of stories. Do you tell him you are 20 different people on the internet and have a weird obsession and hatered of several members of his family? I'll bet you didn't, did you old Sal.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

What are you talking about? I love all the royal family! As for what we talked about it mainly was about Greece and where the best places are to eat. Then he had to show me where this one place was on the map ( btw he smells really good so if any of you ever get the chance to ask him to show you something on a map lean way in toward him ) because I can't read greek. Then he said I hope you and your friends have a great time. and shook my hand. 3 days later i saw him with a few friends again at a resturant and told him how much I like this place in told me about that i can't spell. Then I and my friend left because we had already eaten. It was nothing big and wonderful from what i get from my friends in greece it is a common thing to see him and/or his family in greece now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela - Natalia
Slimey Salamie cornering Nikolaos for half an hour and telling him all sorts of stories. Do you tell him you are 20 different people on the internet and have a weird obsession and hatered of several members of his family? I'll bet you didn't, did you old Sal.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
It was nothing big and wonderful from what i get from my friends in greece it is a common thing to see him and/or his family in greece now.
what is the reaction of greek people when they see them around.... good or bad? or no reaction at all

thanks Queens
Old 08-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Nobility

I totally understand what you're saying and I agree with you 100%.He can marry whomever he wishes to marry,but the fact is he only knows women who belong to rich and upper class families.He would be more comfortable with someone with such a background.They will understand each others problems and issues.I think that was one of the biggest problems with Charles and Diana's marriage;she didn't understand the ways royal family lived.She became sort of an outcast because of her differences.So,I understand what you were trying to say Jo. :)
Old 08-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
what is the reaction of greek people when they see them around.... good or bad? or no reaction at all

thanks Queens
Well I was mostly looking a nik and the map but the people that walked by us were all very friendly toward him. they would wave and one came up and shook his hand and said something in greek to him. Although I think Greeks in general are all very lovely nice people. I love going to Greece because the people are alway very nice and open armed about tourist.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Aristocracy

I saw this awhile back, I thought you guys would find it interesting. Sorry I didn't get it up sooner.:o It is from Alex's site.

Posted by Lia on 8/16/2005, 10:15 am

I am on my summer vacation so i decided to take a gossip magazine to read at the beach. At the "Hi" magazine there is an article about Nikolaos-Tattianna and King Konstantinos. According to the mag Nik had an argument with his father because he wants to marry Tattiana. His father is opposite to this wedding. The mag also mentions that her father is a Serbian businessman, her mother German, they meet in Venezuela. Tattiana was born there and then raised in Columbia until she left with her mother to live in NYC.She meet Nik in a gala at Gstaad.(All these according to the gossip magazine) ps: Nikolaos was recently seen in Myconos at a party alone and people that are close to him believe he will not marry her.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

well, the fact that she was allowed to pose with the whole family at the recent baptism of the unfortunately named Odysseas Kimon certainly suggests that she is accepted by Constantine.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

Nik has brought other girlfriends to events in the past. Constantine may accept her as a girlfriend and not as a wife. I think that Constantine wants Nik to marry Victoria of Sweden. JMO Personally, I don't think that Nik will ever marry. He seems to be inclined to wait for Constantine's permission and unless the girl is titled or Marie Chantal type wealthy, she will not be accepted by Constantine. What a lonely and miserable life.

IMO Costantine still lives in fantasy land. He has not accepted exile and somehow thinks that having his family be publicity whores is somehow going to force greeks into wanting them back. Good lord, move on and get a life. This man is a nuisance.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

I agree. Nik has brought his lady friends to family events. The rules are a bit lighter since he isn't the crown prince.
I don't think that Constantine wants Nik to marry Victoria. Maybe a royal or noble with titles and money.my opinion is that nik isn't going to marry at least not at this time. He doesn't have to.
I think that the Greek people like watching the former royal family they're celebs. what ever their opnion is of the king.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Nobility

How truly wealthy is the Greek Royal family?

I don't want to acknowledge the above rumours (because, none of us knows what Constantine has said to Nikolaos about any personal matter in the privacy of their relationship) but I do wonder if Nikolaos will sometime need to find a sizeable and stable source of income in order to sustain his lifestyle. He's worked as a production assistant before and that's certainly not a high-salaried job- his work with his mother's foundation is charitable and likely not highly salaried either. So, work aside (does he have any other skills?), I wonder if a wealthy wife, following the example of his older brother, might be the easiest way to reach financial independence and remain in a life of luxury.

Eiza
Old 10-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

I'm going say of course he needs to find a sizeable and stable source of income because this is how old money has been and done since there has been such thing as old money. I don't think that the former Greek royal family is all that wealthy not in the sence of royal family rich. But i'm not sure on the exact amount thought.

Happy Birthday to Nikos!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

It is reality that ppl marry for money and alot of times not for the heart. This is what keeps the money rollin'. Of course ppl would like to think rosy thoughts about how ppl woudl follow their heart and insides, but reality is that there is sooo much pressure to sustain one's position in high society. But I think it is best that one marries for the heart and that one is able to sustain himself in his position and not have to depend on another person.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

I think that he will marry for both heart and money. That won't be too hard for him since he runs around with people that have loads of money. Maybe they are not on the same scale as MC but millions or multi-millions is nothing to snub either! He will still be able to live the life he has been and not have to loss face with his wealthy friends and family.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Someone else mentioned him as a prospective bridegroom for Beatrice of York. He's kind of old for that, don't you think??
Old 10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Majesty

i still like these to togather
Old 11-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Commoner

I hope very much he's single again and hoping to meet someone nice in the next couple of weeks/months. :o .Perhaps someone a bit diferent from the usual girl he's dated. I think given an equal chance like a well-off girl we would have some steamy chemistry and probably quite a bit in commen. I know the attraction was mutual.

I was told he did an interview for Greek Hello magazine when it launched rescently but I didn't hear the details.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Commoner

There was an article on their visit (his and his father's) to Australia, not an interview. Although he seems to have put on some weight, he remains very handsome :)

Closed Thread