The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Commoner

At the moment, Prince Nikolaos is having some vacation at Greece with Tatiana.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

I think that he is very serious about her, but the problem may be if Konstantine will allow a marriage. Being on vacation or attending a baptism with a family is one thing, but to marry is an entirely different situation. I think that they are still hoping that Nik marries another reigning royal(Victoria of Sweden) or an heiress as wealthy as Marie Chantal. To me, Konstantine craves money and power.Something tells me that Tatiana will be very hurt in the end.:(

Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Commoner

Apparently she is related to wealth and has aristocratic connections on her mothers side. It's not lack of money or ancestry , it's something else. Many times when she is out of town he is searching still. A part of him is still lonley, he chose the wrong girl.

a
Old 07-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

She does come from a wealthy family, but not Marie-Chantal style wealth. I don't see Konstantine allowing his son to make someone a princess by marriage UNLESS there is something major to offer in return.(CASH)
Old 07-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Courtier

Well, she's been on holiday with the family and she's been to family functions. I think it's really just their own decision to wait to get married. If Tatiana were being shut out of the family, I don't think she'd be allowed to be with them so often and so publicly.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

He has had a few girfriends who have attended events, royal and otherwise. Sofie Edgemont Peterson comes to mind.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
She does come from a wealthy family, but not Marie-Chantal style wealth. I don't see Konstantine allowing his son to make someone a princess by marriage UNLESS there is something major to offer in return.(CASH)
Could Constantine really have that much power or influence over his grown-up second son in 2005? Has the financial situation of the family evolved positively from the time Pavlos married MC (and Pavlos is also the Crown Prince)?
Nikolaos might just enjoy the freedom of meaningful relationships without the «marriage» commitment. Dedicated but commitment-phobic?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Konstantine has MAJOR control over his family. Mainly due to the fact that, can you actually see Pavlos and Nik working at real jobs? NOT! These two gentleman were not prepared to fend for themselves in the real world. Yes, they are educated and have worked(cushy jobs), but also seem to have quite a bit of free time to come and go as they please. They have never stuck to one job for very long, especially NIK. First Pavlos goes into business with Alex Von Furstenberg and then is backed by daddy in law, give me a break. These are not real careers. At this point, Alexia is the only one who is down to earth and works consistently at a real job. It seems as if reality has finally set in that they will not reign again in Greece, so Theodora and Phillipo are being educated to have real careers. Maybe Pavlos and Nik were raised in a time when Konstantine had some unrealistic dream that he may actually accede to the throne again. It just seems to me that Pavlos and Nik are lost jet setting princes with zero direction. Maybe it is a good thing that MC seems to wear the pants in their family. Pavlos probably appreciates her structure and direction! I don't see him as a firm decision maker.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Courtier

You might be right Paloma and Nikolaos is probably very comfortable with the actual situation where his dad controls everything related to the family. No commitment, no real responsabilities, just the perks and the fun of royalty ... oh sorry some nasty paparazzi once in a while. But even then, the paparazzi are not that bad as they keep the GRF in the public eye.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Commoner

First of all, Nikolaos can married who he wants. His parents just want to see him happy.
Let me tell your that Anne-marie and Konstantin are the nices people I have ever meet. They are so sweet and caring.
Once and for all, they don't care about money, they want their children to be happy.
They know that they will never get back as king and queen, but they want to be in greece, and do what ever they can to help the greek people.
Yes, they show up to many royal parties, but their family happens to be the king and queens all over europe. And I think that everone loves a famliyparty!
I'am tired to read all the lies you write about, a couple your know nothing about. I have great pleasure in knowing them and their children personally.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
He has had a few girfriends who have attended events, royal and otherwise. Sofie Edgemont Peterson comes to mind.
He was very serious about sofie but i don't think he was about zoe who he also took events.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:26 AM
Aristocracy

I have even met them in Athens on a trip once. I have friends that have eaten dinner with the family and know them pretty well. I love the royal family and they are some of the nicest people one can meet. But that doesn't mean that I will be able to marry Nik( whom I really love because he's a great guy). He will marry someone that comes from money not MC rich but they have a few million to work with. That doesn't mean that he doesn't love the woman it just means she has money. That's the crowd he runs around with and there is nothing wrong with that. Nik can marry whomever he wants with in reason. Money has always married money for generation and they always will. That's one of their ways of staying rich and hopefully richer if the deal is good.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
He will marry someone that comes from money there is nothing wrong with that.
Disagree, you may be trained/conditioned to think that's good but it's pretty sinful. It's a prison if you find someone without 'enough' money. I hope you are wrong in your assumptions Jo.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela - Natalia
Disagree, you may be trained/conditioned to think that's good but it's pretty sinful. It's a prison if you find someone without 'enough' money. I hope you are wrong in your assumptions Jo.
That will never be a problem seeing that he hangs around people with millions in the bank. You can say that I'm trained to think this way but so is Nik and the rest of that branch of society. That is the way they stay in power and wealthy is to marry money. Money makes money. money marries money. This is no assumption it's fact. It's been that way since before any of us were born.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Commoner

I meant 'you' generically, not you personally.

~Hypothetically you understand~ It's difficult on the other side of the fence. Knowing that 'a person' was percieved to be not worth it or too greater risk becasue 'a person' wasn't from a wealthy background. Regardless of personality or attraction or anything about 'a person' themself, the only really important thing was that her parents weren't rich, she didn't go to a private school and that came FIRST above anything else. The things she was powerless to change where black marks so why not make her life a misery for the next 2 and a half years?? Then why not choose a girl that "fits" with peer group prejudices even if the guy is half-hearted about her because that has to be 'right' doesn't it?? wrong.

It's not a simple fact of life if your 'a person'. It would break your heart and kill your soul, in short a living Hell. Nobody enjoys being a second class person and it never really seems right or justifiable. Whe're all Human even if our fathers where not rich enough for a certain type of man.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Commoner

Personally, I believe that the eternal talk about "rich" and "poor" people is old-fashioned and cliche. I mean, last time I checked it was 2005 :) ! When it comes to such an important decision as marriage, it's wise to base your decision on more essential criteria than the other's financial status.
Otherwise, you'll end up being miserable wondering what went wrong. So, for prince Nikolaos' own sake I hope he chooses to marry someone who corresponds to his needs, someone he would be proud to call "his wife". My two cents ...
Old 07-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Commoner

I agree but it didn't go that way he made the 'sensible' ($$) choise.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Aristocracy

I understand what you are saying but this is the real world. Unfortunately, fairness doesn't really matter a whole lot. This is the way wealth families not just nik's have worked and will work for generations.

Old fashioned or not it is the way things are.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:25 AM
Commoner

Then, I guess at a certain level of wealth you begin to think that way...Maybe you're right, it's kind of pathetic and sad though.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
Then, I guess at a certain level of wealth you begin to think that way...Maybe you're right, it's kind of pathetic and sad though.
I agree. I have some friends that are pretty wealthy and they have arguments about who drives the bigger bmw or jag. If you own a bently (sp?) then you are to envy of all. they do it so they know how much money you family has. they've done it since high school.

Closed Thread