The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Serene Highness

Has anyone seen Alexandra and Gustav -- Princess Benedikte's children? They are cousins and I haven't seen them in any of the pictures. I understand that the reason Benedikte isn't attending is because she is acting of regent in Denmark while the others are attending the wedding in Greece.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are these days special days for our Greek members or for the Greek people?
I guess for the Royal watchers at this board and in Greece: yes.
For the Greek people in general: not really.
My bf is visiting his family in Greece right now and none of them even knew there was a wedding of a member of the former Royal family.
They hardly know any other family member then former King Konstantin.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

There is one picture with two of Benediktes children, Gustav and Alexandra with their partners and Alexandras son:

QUEEN E fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0078021975
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Commoner

I have seen pictures of there after dinner cocktail, and sees the daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark together with the Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and other.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

King Costantine and Queen Anne Marie visited the church today in the morning.

Photo from Getty Images
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Y9cJU/x610.jpg

Old 08-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

What a pity that Princess Nathalie isn't there! But her son had arrived on earth a couple of weeks ago.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are these days special days for our Greek members or for the Greek people?
For the greek royal watchers is a big event and we all look forward to see it, i hope the live coverage is from the church and a bit from the reception so we can enjoy them.

As for the greek people in general i don't think they are aware, maybe they got informed (especially the younger generation) from Star channel because its target group is mostly youth.
I did hear a negative comment from Alter Tv today that having a glamourous wedding with pre-wedding parties etc etc is provocative here in Greece now that the country has the economic crisis with unemployed people trying to support their families.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
Prince Carl Philip was sitting next to Princess Theodora at dinner, and after talking Lady Grabiela, two good candidates and yet..............
Wow! Do you think he noticed some differences between them and his girl friend ?
BTW now it would be interesting to know who decided the places for dinner!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

What a beautiful photos from yesterday!!!
Waiting for the ceremony this evening!!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Wow! Do you think he noticed some differences between them and his girl friend ?
BTW now it would be interesting to know who decided the places for dinner!
I think that prince Carl-Philip likes brunette girls, can you imagine he meets a local girl at the island??
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
For the greek royal watchers is a big event and we all look forward to see it, i hope the live coverage is from the church and a bit from the reception so we can enjoy them.

As for the greek people in general i don't think they are aware, maybe they got informed (especially the younger generation) from Star channel because its target group is mostly youth.
I did hear a negative comment from Alter Tv today that having a glamourous wedding with pre-wedding parties etc etc is provocative here in Greece now that the country has the economic crisis with unemployed people trying to support their families.
The whole world is an economic crisis! We need events like this....besides the shallowness of the glamour and the outfits that I enjoy, we need people to spend money! Some of the press is there, and they have to stay some where and eat and the same with the royals. How are we going to get out of this recession if people don't spend their money? So hotels and resturants are making a little more money now because of the extra people.

And let's not count the pictures that show the beauty of the island. I always knew Greece was beautiful but wow!

From where I stand this is a lovely relaxed family affair. Not ostenatious at all. But perception is easy and of course I see something totally different in pictures than if I was in Greece.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLeNa14 View Post
Yes yes, I saw them! I meant the dinner afterwards, which it looks like it took place at a taverna or something similar (maybe it was not dinner, just an after-party)
I see. Well, like I said I haven't seen any of her there but I've been looking. She's definitely one of my favorite royals. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Interesting, Hola identified another royal guest: princess Cristina of 2 Sicilies with her greek husband! Galería de imágenes - Foto 8 - La Reina, los Príncipes de Asturias y las Infantas se unen a Príncipes y Princesas de Europa en la cena previa a la boda de Nicolás de Grecia
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The whole world is an economic crisis!
Well, but I think it's something different with Greece and the national bankruptcy. I can understand some people in Greece are annoyed to see the Royals celebrating a huge wedding while the country goes though the biggest crisis ever.
However, the whole wedding is financed privately by the family, isn't it? So maybe some of the Greek people can enjoy the event anyway.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Gentry

I absolutely loooove Rosario Nadal´s dress . It is very appropriate for the kind of party they were celebrating . Good for her !!
Administrator

I thought it was financed by both of the families. Even though its low key, it has some high profile guests so is not a cheap affair I will agree with that.

Yes, I forgot Greece was in a bankruptcy situation but really....isnt' the whole world one step away from it. But that's off topic......

So have we missed anyone? It looks like with the exception of Nathalie and Frederik all of the cousins are present. No representation from the houses of Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco or the Middle Eastern Royals.

From the outside it looks like they invited people that they are close to which is nice.

Courtier

Photo gallery and article:
Mary enceinte, Letizia éblouissante, Victoria avec Daniel : tous les royaux auprès des futurs mariés Nikolaos et Tatiana !

(Photo 31 is quite interesting. I wonder what was going on there.)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The wedding is financed by the families I gues. Obiously is not finnanced by the state.

Have you ever hear about Spetses?. I didn't. I would like to go sometime, the island looks beautiful. This event means lot of free publicity for the island... and you know publicity= money.
So I think is not that bad. People around the world will hear about Spetses so it is a big oportunity. I some case remembers me when Michelle Obama came to Marbella, and Granada...Lot of free publicity=Lot of oportunities.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Nobility

Channel Star, is owned of Bardoyannis family, Bardoyannis family is invited to the wedding, for that reason, I think the channel is to give broad coverage
Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The whole world is an economic crisis! We need events like this...
I totally agree with you, i just think that they wanted to say something bad and they did.

I find it very low profile, elegant and private as much as possible since they have high profile guests.

I bet that rich people here had more expensive weddings but since they had no media attention they got away with it.
We should think that the eyes of Europe are on our country now and who knows people would like to visit the country and the place prince Nikolaos married.

Warren the wedding starts at 19:30 and the guests will be arriving from 19:00.