Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik Pre-Wedding Events - August 23-25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Victoria and Mary look very nice with their lovely dresses; Maxima is a little overdressed to my taste.
Getty Images

All the pictures look wonderful, Maxima looks a little overdressed yes.

Thanks for the photos!
It is nice to see members of various royal families attending the happy event. I am absolutely delighted to see Lady Gabriella among the guests. Crown Prince Haakon made a solo appearance, didn't he? I know Crown Prince Frederic is unable to attend due to prior engagements.

Thanks for the photos!
It is nice to see members of various royal families attending the happy event. I am absolutely delighted to see Lady Gabriella among the guests. Crown Prince Haakon made a solo appearance, didn't he? I know Crown Prince Frederic is unable to attend due to prior engagements.

Is sad to me that Princess Benedikte is not going to be there

Princess Tatiana Radziwill, only daughter of the late Princess Eugenie of Greece, can be seen in the video posted on the previous page arriving at this evening's reception with her close friend and cousin Queen Sophia.

Tatiana looked gorgeous and Prince Nicholas handsome as ever, they got a good crowd of interested people turn up. Probably most of the population of the Island and a good media contingent too. Tatiana will make a lovely bride. Good to see Lady Gabriella Windsor, they might be old friends. All the princesses looked lovely, I liked Marie Chantals dress the best then Marys with a deep v in the back.

I like this quite informal party, it seems that they are all relaxed and there are good probabilities they will really have fun tonight!
All the outfits, even if not unforgettable because of the informality of the event, are very pretty. I like all the Greeks (queen Anne-Marie particularly, at her age!), Victoria, Maxima, the Spanish, .. Just Mary is not that good and queen Sofia is not my cup of tea, but that's definetely her style!
Ah, and Tatiana is simply stunning, a Greek goddess indeed! I rejoin people that thinks she's likely to become a royal fashion icon!
I can't believe that so many princes still looking for a soul mate are there partying together! Madeleine, Gabriella, Theodora, Elena, Rosario for the girls side, for the guys side Philippos and Carl Philipp (I know they have someone, but they may change their mind tonight :whistling:)!

In the videos they keep saying that Juan Carlos will be present or that he is already at the island! They should cross-reference their sources(or their personal beliefs)!:cool:

Oye chicas :ohmy: - come es guapo ese principe des Asturias!

I want to thank the Star channel,this is amazing, the Greek television does not talk about it, thank you!!!!

I really liked Victoria's dress. Very pretty and appropriate for a Greek wedding.
I don't care for either Mary or Maxima's dresses. The top part on Mary's dress is odd and the belt doesn't go with the embroidered detail at the bottom. Maxima just looks out of place in that colour and style. Letizia should've worn a dress but she's looks pretty.
I'm surprised by the informal nature of this event, not sure how I feel about it yet.
The bride-to-be looked lovely, a very unique dress.

Thank you everybody for the pics and videos. :flowers:
I wish I could understand Greek.

So after tomorrow, Tatiana will be known as HRH The Princess Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark right?

I'm not sure that the Greeks do the "The" business with children of monarchs like the Brits do ... but you're right that she'll be HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark. Women who marry into the GRF take their husband's title (like "Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark," who was the Duke of Edinburgh's mother).

I'm surprised by the informal nature of this event, not sure how I feel about it yet.
We have to take into consideration the time and the place of the pre wedding cocktail party. The party was sceduled on a late august night in Greece, so heavy make up and complicated hairstyles with tiara would not be a good idea if the weather turned hotter than expected and same I believe goes for very formal dress- sweating in a tuxedo or a haute couture creation is not a nice experience I guess and not exactly classy :D, so I believe that the GRF decided on this informal dress code to make sure their guests would feel comfortable. Besides, the wedding takes place at a small island and not a grand city so we could say that it would be kind of "out of spirit" to organize a more formal event.

I think a formal event can be done without tiaras, tuxedos and heavy makeup , that's not what I was referring to. But it is rather odd to see some ladies wearing trousers while others are in dresses. But that's obviously the feel they were going for. It does look like it's very hot there, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Haakon was brave wearing a sports coat on such a hot night. The Fashion industry is worth so much because we all like and dislike many styles. This is one of the reasons why the world is such an interesting place. A big thanks to all those who posted the lovely pics.

Photos:
BelgaPicture
"Oh, my husband!"
BelgaPicture
ANP Beeldbank
Going to a yacht
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Others
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Every photographer wanted a photo of Victoria and Daniel and they had shouted to Daniel: Kiss her. They didn´t kiss, but were hugging each other, writes the reporter of Expressen.
Bröllopsyra igen för Victoria och Daniel - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Photo gallery/Expressen

Finally photos of Madeleine, with Victoria and Daniel
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
They seem to have a great time
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Haakon and Carl Philip
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally some potential matchmaking (all in jest of course).

Carl Phillip have you met the lovely Lady Gabriella? Gabriella, have you met the dashing Carl Phillip of Sweden? Now that would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom