Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana current events: part 1 (Aug. 2010 - Feb. 2016)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*even more confused now* Is it their own website that calls her Princess Tatiana?

@BELTRANEJA I assume you are referring to the same old story we all have heard of, more or less. The family adopted "De Grecia" to go through all these typical procedures in order to get the passports they've longed for. I suspect that if someone ever called Tatiana "Mrs De Grecia-Blatnik" would receive the same indelicate responses, if not worse, as I already have.:lol: Therefore, beware!

No it is not an old story that I've heard, it was told by government spokesman of Goverment of Greece in February 2002 when the King traveled to Greece, the spokesman responded to the insistent questions of journalists and he said that in the passport used by ex King in Italy airport it was "danish and with this "surname""

Last edited:
@JeTe It's true. Same goes for Princess Marie-Chantal, in fact her title is Crown Princess Pavlos. ;) You are wondering why? Because the ladies didn't have titles of their own, they were born commoners, as we say. And why does that happen, when royals marry commoners? Ne pas se soucier.:lol:

;-) @La_Noblesse

Merci, Lumutqueen. I will check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not get offended Noblesse. you're prosecuting to Tatiana by exploiting the title of princess, but you make a mistake, have you seen the picture you use to profile? Do you think what in this photo are well positioned Prince Paul and Princess Marie Chantal? I think not.

According to the website of the DRF:

Nikolaos, Prins af Grækenland og Danmark, født i Rom den 1. oktober 1969. Prinsen giftede sig i august 2010 på den græske ø Spetses med Tatiana Ellinka Blatnik, herefter Prinsesse Nikolaos. Prinsessen er født den 28. august 1980 i Venezuela.

Nikolaos, Prince of Greece and Denmark, was born in Rome on 1. october 1969. The Prince got married in August 2010 on the greece island Spetses with Tatiana Ellinka Blatnik, now known as Princess Nikolaos. The Princess was born on 28. August 1980 in Venezuela.
Kongehuset - Kongehuset

Same goes for Pavlos and Marie Chantal

Pavlos, Kronprins af Grækenland, Prins af Danmark, født 20. maj 1967 på slottet Tatoi ved Athen, Grækenland. Kronprinsen giftede sig i 1995 i London med Marie-Chantal Miller, herefter Kronprinsesse Pavlos. Kronprinsessen er født 17. september 1968 i London.

Pavlos, Crownprince of Greece, Prince of Denmark, born 20. May 1967 at castle Tatou in Athens, Greece. The Crownprince got married in 1995 in London with Marie-Chantal Miller, now known as Crownprincess Pavlos. The Crownprincess was born on 17. September 1968 in London.

Last edited:
@BELTRANEJA Oh do tell! I didn't notice anything weird about the picture.

Now if in the Greek culture, Tatianna (upon her marriage) has assumed the name Mrs. Blatnik...that is fine. Of course, its understandable that we (who are not Greek) might not be familiar with that. It is assumed, however, that she is HRH Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark. And Mrs. Blatnik is still her mom's former name.

Does that make sense?

After the law change in 1983 here , it is mandatory for married women to keep their maiden name, because a person last name is , according to the lawmakers, an essential part of a person 's legal indentity and should not be easily subject to changes - they could use their husband's name only socially. This was considered a very important step towards gender equality .So it became a difficult procedure for married women to change their last name . After 2008 the law changed and enabled women to add more easily their husband's last name to their own, but the maiden name is still there (this change btw caused a fair amount of controversy, since it was cosnidered a backwards thing to do ). My point is, that for the last 28 years , a woman is nearly always carrying her maiden name here and this of course has an impact in the society.
In the case of Tatiana , if she was Greek she would now be legally Tatiana Blatnik or Tatiana Blatnik- de Grecia, but she would not stop being a Blatnik in any case - not only legally but also socially, because that is the social norm here. So if a Greek refers to her as Mrs Blatnik it is because according to our society's habits ( clearly the Greek laws do not apply to her ), she is still a Blatnik , even if she is married to Nikolaos, it is not an attempt to being rude or making fun of her.

Last edited:
Thank you Snowflower! For going into greater detail...this makes perfect sense now when one has a better understanding of what the actual law is and the purpose for it.

thank you!!!!!!!!! According to the magazine, when Prince Charles found out that Prince Nicholas had engaged with Tatiana in Greece, he invited to Tatiana to tea. Tatiana says he is a lovely man

I second what Snowflower just said, thats the social norm in Greece nothing wrong about that. Each woman is an individual with her own identity, their paternal surname is very characteristic should accompany them til death, that's how i view it. And many marriages don't last forever maybe the lawmakers thought about that too, so many divorced women would want their own surname back, don't know it for sure just guessing.

After the law change in 1983 here , it is mandatory for married women to keep their maiden name...
Than you by information.
"de Grecia" is not exactly a name or surname in the proper sense, it acts as a middle name but it is no surname in Spain.

Last edited by a moderator:
@IRIS1983 De Grecia and any other "surname" of this type(de X, di Y, of Z), that strongly connotes noble title is not accepted by the Greek state for any Greek citizen to have. Therefore, it provoked and still does multiple ironic and scornful remarks in the country. It is my belief that the ex-King didn't handle the whole issue right, but I'd rather not go into details and upset the fans. That's the last thing I would desire.

asking

Can someone tell me about the content of the interview between prince nikolaos and Tatiana recently ? pls ( IN ENGLISH):ohmy:

It was in REAL NEWS this morning: Tatiana is now a member of the British Fashion Council and as such, she was invited recently by Samantha Cameron at the Downing Street residence. Mrs Cameron wanted to honor the BFC for their work and efforts to promote the British fashion to the international markets. The rest of the article does not contain breaking news. The couple will join the ex-King and Queen on Easter Sunday in Spetses. It also mentions that the newlyweds are thinking of moving to Greece permanently. At this point I would like to make clear that REAL NEWS is a very serious newspaper and therefore, a trustworthy source of information.

This picture will serve as an example, they are the Kings of Greece

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/official.jpg?t=1298332273

In the foreground is the King and in background the Queen consort

In picture of Princes Pavlo and Marie Chantal, in foreground is consort and after the Crown Prince

Thank you for pointing it out, although I still can't see anything wrong with my avatar picture. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco were photographed just like that, too. :flowers: We would exaggerate, if we believed that the feminist movement or any other sort of dark conspiracy lies behind all that now, right? :lol:

It was in REAL NEWS this morning: Tatiana is now a member of the British Fashion Council and as such, she was invited recently by Samantha Cameron at the Downing Street residence. Mrs Cameron wanted to honor the BFC for their work and efforts to promote the British fashion to the international markets. The rest of the article does not contain breaking news. The couple will join the ex-King and Queen on Easter Sunday in Spetses. It also mentions that the newlyweds are thinking of moving to Greece permanently. At this point I would like to make clear that REAL NEWS is a very serious newspaper and therefore, a trustworthy source of information.

I saw this event, it's lucky of Tatiana. I envy her that job. :)
I'll try and find some pictures. :flowers:

Thank you for the news:flowers:

I saw this event, it's lucky of Tatiana. I envy her that job. :)
I'll try and find some pictures. :flowers:

:previous:

Pics of Tatiana attending the reception hosted by Samantha Cameron have been posted on
page 7 of this thread, see here. But maybe you are referring to something else?! :flowers:

Nope, those are the ones. Thanks IceFlower. :flowers:

@iceflower Kindly excuse me for having overlooked your post with the pictures of the event I had written about. :flowers: Still the article makes it clear for me that Tatiana now is not working for a rather less important designer, but has managed to become a member of the British Fashion Council, soon after her wedding. The more light-hearted among us may envy or admire her for this new position. But the more suspicious ones may very well wonder as to how Mrs Blatnik achieved that, at such a young age and without the long experience such a position must normally require. I don't have the answer, but I do have the right to remain suspicious and sceptical. ;)

Which "rather less important" designer was she working for?
From what i know about the British Fashion Council, if talent is spotted it is caught quickly. ;)

Tatiana has been working for Diane von Fürstenberg, which I wouldn't call a "rather less important" designer, from 2006 until 2010. Four years is a lot of time to learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom