The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Thank you Snowflower! For going into greater detail...this makes perfect sense now when one has a better understanding of what the actual law is and the purpose for it.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Nobility

another article about the interview made by Vanity Fair-Spain:
As son los primos del prncipe Felipe y Letizia

Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Nobility

thank you!!!!!!!!! According to the magazine, when Prince Charles found out that Prince Nicholas had engaged with Tatiana in Greece, he invited to Tatiana to tea. Tatiana says he is a lovely man
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Nobility

The spanish newspaper El Mundo dedicated an article to the family of Tatiana (his parent, mother, stepfather, the story of Venezuela and Spain, the origin of the money, etc), do click where it says "pulse para ver la publicacion":

LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 7 Agosto 2010 Periodicos españoles en Youkioske.com: Diarios de España
Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Gentry

I second what Snowflower just said, thats the social norm in Greece nothing wrong about that. Each woman is an individual with her own identity, their paternal surname is very characteristic should accompany them til death, that's how i view it. And many marriages don't last forever maybe the lawmakers thought about that too, so many divorced women would want their own surname back, don't know it for sure just guessing.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
After the law change in 1983 here , it is mandatory for married women to keep their maiden name...
Than you by information.
"de Grecia" is not exactly a name or surname in the proper sense, it acts as a middle name but it is no surname in Spain.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Gentry

@IRIS1983 De Grecia and any other "surname" of this type(de X, di Y, of Z), that strongly connotes noble title is not accepted by the Greek state for any Greek citizen to have. Therefore, it provoked and still does multiple ironic and scornful remarks in the country. It is my belief that the ex-King didn't handle the whole issue right, but I'd rather not go into details and upset the fans. That's the last thing I would desire.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Billet Bladet has the magazine of Spain, it is danish magazine. Billed-Bladet - Prins Nikolaos og Tatiana på forsiden af Vanity Fair
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Further discussion of the Greek RF surname should be done in the Titles, Surname and Protocols thread.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 AM

asking

Can someone tell me about the content of the interview between prince nikolaos and Tatiana recently ? pls ( IN ENGLISH)
Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Gentry

It was in REAL NEWS this morning: Tatiana is now a member of the British Fashion Council and as such, she was invited recently by Samantha Cameron at the Downing Street residence. Mrs Cameron wanted to honor the BFC for their work and efforts to promote the British fashion to the international markets. The rest of the article does not contain breaking news. The couple will join the ex-King and Queen on Easter Sunday in Spetses. It also mentions that the newlyweds are thinking of moving to Greece permanently. At this point I would like to make clear that REAL NEWS is a very serious newspaper and therefore, a trustworthy source of information.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
This picture will serve as an example, they are the Kings of Greece

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1298332273

In the foreground is the King and in background the Queen consort

In picture of Princes Pavlo and Marie Chantal, in foreground is consort and after the Crown Prince
Thank you for pointing it out, although I still can't see anything wrong with my avatar picture. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco were photographed just like that, too. We would exaggerate, if we believed that the feminist movement or any other sort of dark conspiracy lies behind all that now, right?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_noblesse View Post
It was in REAL NEWS this morning: Tatiana is now a member of the British Fashion Council and as such, she was invited recently by Samantha Cameron at the Downing Street residence. Mrs Cameron wanted to honor the BFC for their work and efforts to promote the British fashion to the international markets. The rest of the article does not contain breaking news. The couple will join the ex-King and Queen on Easter Sunday in Spetses. It also mentions that the newlyweds are thinking of moving to Greece permanently. At this point I would like to make clear that REAL NEWS is a very serious newspaper and therefore, a trustworthy source of information.
I saw this event, it's lucky of Tatiana. I envy her that job.
I'll try and find some pictures.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_noblesse View Post
Thank you for the news
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I saw this event, it's lucky of Tatiana. I envy her that job.
I'll try and find some pictures.

Pics of Tatiana attending the reception hosted by Samantha Cameron have been posted on
page 7 of this thread, see here. But maybe you are referring to something else?!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nope, those are the ones. Thanks IceFlower.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Nobility

15 pictures from the Vanity Fair magazine -spanish edition-:

Nicolás y Tatiana | Galería de fotos 1 de 15 | Vanity Fair

Tatiana y Nicolás de Grecia, los primos más modernos de Felipe y Letizia, en Vanity Fair | Vanity Fair
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Gentry

@iceflower Kindly excuse me for having overlooked your post with the pictures of the event I had written about. Still the article makes it clear for me that Tatiana now is not working for a rather less important designer, but has managed to become a member of the British Fashion Council, soon after her wedding. The more light-hearted among us may envy or admire her for this new position. But the more suspicious ones may very well wonder as to how Mrs Blatnik achieved that, at such a young age and without the long experience such a position must normally require. I don't have the answer, but I do have the right to remain suspicious and sceptical.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Which "rather less important" designer was she working for?
From what i know about the British Fashion Council, if talent is spotted it is caught quickly.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Tatiana has been working for Diane von Fürstenberg, which I wouldn't call a "rather less important" designer, from 2006 until 2010. Four years is a lot of time to learn.

Tags
prince nikolaos, princess tatiana of greece, royal house of greece