Prince Michael, writer (1939-) and Marina Karella, artist (1940- )

• Thread starter vangeliskirialanis
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
V

vangeliskirialanis

Hello , I am Vangelis , I am 22 years old and I live in Komotini

I am searching for pictures of His Royal Highness , Prince Michael of Greece , known as the famous writer Michel de Grece . I also want to ask if someone does know where the Prince lives , His postal address , etc. because I want to order His book " The Greek Royal House" .

Also , Jasmine , if You do read this message ,and have changed your e-mail address , please , send me an e-mail at kirialanis@pathfinder.gr . I have started to worry because I do not see any updates on Your sites , honey , and I am starting to think that something bad has happened to you. please contact with me soon , OK ?

Ah , for the moderators of this website , I want to say a big " Bravo!!!" it is a wonderfull site and I think that it will be very useful to me .

Also , I do want to have friendship with fans of the Greek Royal Family , so if anyone wants , just e-mail me!!!!!

Best Regards

Vangelis Kirialanis
Komotini
Greece

GREEK ANTIQUITIES

Very popular.......

The Fairewell Empress

Work of Marina Karella

La Bouboulina.....

Chateau.........

Roi Louis....

Spirit by M.Karella....

Book Cover.......

White night in saint petrbourg

Attachments

• 19stiles_ka.jpg
    19stiles_ka.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 20drs_1960bvas_pavlos.gif
    20drs_1960bvas_pavlos.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 3,326
  • imguploadexofyllo_priggipissa_apaoxairetismon.jpg
    imguploadexofyllo_priggipissa_apaoxairetismon.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 603
  • thanos_Bmkarella.jpg
    thanos_Bmkarella.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 497
  • 2266131222.08.ejvfylo_bouboulina.jpg
    2266131222.08.ejvfylo_bouboulina.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 536
  • unti__kastro.jpg
    unti__kastro.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,896
  • untitledejvfyllo_louis.jpg
    untitledejvfyllo_louis.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 610
  • karella_glypto1.jpg
    karella_glypto1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,938
  • aytokrateira__cover.jpg
    aytokrateira__cover.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,566
  • leykinyxtacov.jpg
    leykinyxtacov.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by a moderator:
Michel de Grece is married to Marina Karella,famous Painter and Sculpturer...

Crete_Lost Atlantis

Round Time II exposed in Thessaloniki

Laskarina Bouboulina....

Golden throne..

Attachments

• bouboulinaejvfyllo_bouboulinas.jpg
    bouboulinaejvfyllo_bouboulinas.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2,008
  • atlantidacov.jpg
    atlantidacov.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 565
  • aroundtimeblue_B_carousel_mk.jpg
    aroundtimeblue_B_carousel_mk.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 589
  • bouboulinaellhnika.jpg
    bouboulinaellhnika.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,913
  • install5throne.jpg
    install5throne.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 721
Living With Ghosts: Eleven Extraordinary Tales

Author: Prince Michael Of Greece; Author: Translator Roberts, Anthony; Performer: Smith, Justin Creedy
Series#:2; Living with Ghosts; Hardback; Book; 50 B&w Photographs
192 pages
Published: February 1997
W.W. Norton & Company Ltd
ISBN: 0393039528

From the gothic elegance of Powderham Castle in Devon to the ruins of the Chateau de Lagnes in Provence to the moated austerity of Schloss Schwarzenraben in Westphalia, Prince Michael of Greece has sought out eleven of the most celebrated haunted palaces and castles of Europe and here describes them in this elegantly written narrative. 50 duotone photos.A description of 11 of the most celebrated haunted palaces and castles in Europe. Among the ghostly inhabitants are a serving woman, an Incan princess and a baroness whose lover was killed by her husband in a duel. The author, Prince Michael of Greece, tells their stories here in the first person.

http://www.dr.dk/aroyalfamily/person_michael_prins.htm

The youngest grandson of King George I of Greece is Prince Michael of Greece, born in Rome in 1939.
He is the son of George I's youngest son, Prince Christopher, who was married to the French Princess Françoise of Orléans.

Prince Christopher was absorbed by contact with the spiritual world, an interest shared and pursued by Prince Michael.

Prince Michael grew up in Spain and France and he studied political science. He lives in Paris with his Greek wife, the artist Marina Karella.
They have two daughters, Alexandra and Olga Isabelle.

In 1965 he waived his and his descendants' claim to the Greek throne.

Prince Michael knows a great deal about the history of the Glücksburgs and knows countless amusing anecdotes about his family and its doings.
He has written several books, including a number of royal biographies, works on crown jewels, and on hauntings.

Listen to Prince Michael talking about Princess Marie's visit to England

:flower: Recent photo

:blush:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3,082
  • nr_a26_LgSTAUOPOYLOS.jpg
    nr_a26_LgSTAUOPOYLOS.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,878
Michel de Grece has a new book coming out.The book is about his youth before coming to Greece.It is already on sale in France . In Greece it will be published by the ''Fereniki'' publications.

Is that his chateau? Well I think it is great that he married a Greek woman. I thought his daughters looked Greek. This is a very respectable man.

cuervo said:
Chateau.........

I think this is the chateau,

that he lived when he moved to France with his mother...but I am not sure,It suites Him though!!

Prince Michael's autobiography, originally published in French, is being translated into English.

Michalis Karellas...

Perhaps he's using his wife's surname....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who knows ?

Anyway I am surprised that this old topic that I made at the past with username Vangelis Kirialanis is still beign disscussed ! I was banned because of some fight with someone else that I dont remember now and I was a bad boy .. I apologize to the admins and I promise that from now on I will have good behaviour ( I grew up ALOT since then ) and by the way my nickname is Kyrialanis not Kirialanis

I read recently how Pr.Michael and Marina Karella bought their house on Patmos.Many years ago one of their old friends had invited them on Patmos for vacation.She warned them that when someone visits this island for the 1st time,he will always want to go back there again.Her words were true:the couple felt that they could never leave the island,so the last days Marina made an impulsive decision:she bought the remains of an old tower.Ten years ago they started building the house and then decorating it.Now it's the most inspiring place for both of them and they try to be there as much as possible!

Prince Michael and Marina Karella were also invited to Queen Sofia's birthday.It's a pity we haven't seen a photo yet.

Marina Karella is a candidate for the "Women of the year" awards,organised every year in Greece by Life & Style.She's in the category that has to do with charity/humanitarian work,because she funded a new association,"Elisa",for manhandled children.I hope she wins :flowers: I'm gonna vote for her for sure.I was surprised to read in her short bio that she had been Giannis Tsarouchis' student.He's one of the best and most famous modern painters of our country.

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am interested in Prince Michael's family.

Does anybody (maybe Iakynthi) know anything about Marina Karella's family?

1) What about her father Theodore (or Theodoros)? His surname is Karella or KarellaS?
I know he was an industrialist... but the founder of the fortune was his father who was a textile mill owner according to Wikipedia (that cites The New York Times, 8 February 1965, page 3). Does anybody know his name and his place of birth?

2) Is Elly Chalikiopoulos anyhow related to the (Italo-)Greek musician Nikolaos Chalikiopoulos Mantzaros (also spelled Nikolaos Halikiopoulos Mantzaros, Νικόλαος Χαλικιόπουλος Μάντζαρος or Niccoló Calichiopulo Manzaro, 1795-1872)?

Thank you

I've a question about the youth of Prince Michael: since his father died soon after his birth, and his mother died when he was 14, I wonder who did him take care of?

He lived for some time at the the home of his uncle the late Count of Paris.

Thanks!
So, I guess he is quite close to his french cousins...

Yes, they are very close... and this raises the following question: why didn't either Prince Michael or Aimone and Olga attend the religious marriage of the Duke of Vendome? This is quite strange, if you consider that no one is more related to the House of Orléans than the above-mentioned couple!

And why nobody of the French relatives attended the wedding of Aimone and Olga?

Were they Orléans at Aymone's wedding ?
Since Madame la Comtesse de Paris's death we never see Prince Michel of Grece at any Orleans celebration, athough when he was young he was considered as the Comte and Comtesse de Paris 's 12 child .
I think I know the reason but I'm not sure , if Vincent is reading this thread I'm sure he will help us more.

Only Claude of Orléans attended his son's wedding. I heard that HRH Amedeo had a bad altercation with his father-in-law, the late Count of Paris about his difficult relation with Claude (which ended in divorce). Maybe this enlightens the detachment of the Orléans from the Savoy-Aosta, even if their blood is more than a half Orléans!

And so you think that the difficulties that Amedeo had with his ex father in law are still existent with the present members of Orleans Family?
It would be strange, since that several members of the Orleans Family had troubles with the relationship with the late Count of Paris...

Back
Top Bottom