The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Sounds a bit harsh, but I believe that everybody was a little disappointed that it came out to be another girl. Arrietta, Carlos and Ana Maria didnīt look too happy either....
If they were indeed unhappy about a third child of the same sex (which I do not think I must admit), they hadn't deserved the child.
Did Paolos and Marie Chantal look dissatisfied when they presented their 3rd son?

Old 03-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Courtier

At "Opiniones sobre la Realeza"-message board there seems to be some hint that Ameliaīs baptism is to be expected on March 9th in Greece. Please Spanish speaking posters might look over there and translate it for us.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
At "Opiniones sobre la Realeza"-message board there seems to be some hint that Ameliaīs baptism is to be expected on March 9th in Greece. Please Spanish speaking posters might look over there and translate it for us.
If, it is this forum you have understood it wrong.

Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza

What they comment is that the Alexiaīs children were baptized with 4 months of age, and that of Amalia's baptism there is no news. Also they comment that maybe this delay can be because they want to celebrate in Greece as Ana Maria's baptism. But it is only a speculation. Also they comment that in this epoch it is when the family is in the habit of going to Greece to celebrate the memorial for Pavlos and Federika.

On March 9, it is a commentary on the Spanish Royal Family, because this day there are elections in Spain, and up to after this day they have very few activities. It seems to be improbable that Alexia chooses this day to baptize her daughter, because it would make difficult enough the presence of the Spanish Royal Family, and the Queen Sofia has never been absent to the baptisms of her Greek nephews.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Thank you lula for your fast answer!
Pity, so there are still no news about when the baptism will take place. We have to be patient and go on waiting.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

How long did it last that HRH Princess Alexia announced the date of baptism of her three older children?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Courtier

All the other children were baptized latest at the age of four months (Arrietta). Ana Maria was after four weeks!, Carlos after 3 1/2 months.
Strange that there is not one new photo of little Amelia. Itīs the longest period that one of the children wasnīt photographed for the public again. Hopefully she isnīt as unattractive as I feared when I saw her a few days after her birth....
Is it common in Greece to baptize babies during the easter holidays?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Predicted godparents

My suggestions for the godparents of Amelia are:

Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
The Prince of Asturias
Maria Teresa Quintana y Gonzales
and two friends
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

I am hoping that soon we will have some news and photos of this charming family. It is indeed strange that there arenīt any photos since those taken in front of the clinic.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Itīs about time now to announce the date of Ameliaīs christening: All the other three were baptised at the latest when they were about four months old. Plus: No photos so far of the little newborn since her birth in October 26th......(Hopefully she didnīt develop into the unattractive baby I fear after having seen the first photos....)
Maybe they want to wait until MCīs pregnancy is a little more progessive since I donīt expect Amelia to be baptised in London (none of Alexiaīs children has been baptized in London so far....)
To me this birth seemed to be the least "interesting". Not even Constantine managed to appear on the first photos. And as already mentioned Theodora and Carlosī sister looked horrible unkempt. Sounds a bit harsh, but I believe that everybody was a little disappointed that it came out to be another girl. Arrietta, Carlos and Ana Maria didnīt look too happy either....
I have looked at the pictures of newborn Amelia and there is nothing wrong with the kid. A perfectly normal baby... So I find your remark very unappropriate.

It's known that Anne-Marie travels from London to Barcelona a few months before her daughter is due. Normally her husband travels with her but unfortunatly this time was different. Why is it so hard for you to exept the explanation given by Princess Theodora on the absence of her father? He just didn't arrive on time for the pictures... Planes don't always leave on time you know... I know there's nothing bad going on between Princess Alexia and her father because her father stayed with her in hospital when she was diagnosed with pnomonia while staying in Greece. Can you see someone do that for another if there is something amiss between them. It's not because we didn't see the devorce of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra of Denmark comming that we need to overanalyse all pictures taken by royals.

And for the kids looking unhappy I could easily give you some other explanations then them being unhappy with the baby being a girl. The children are not used to huge crowds of media attention so therefore it could very well be that they don't understand why they have to pose now... Or mayby they are overly happy with the newborn baby sister and not willing to share that with the outside world yet.

Also if you look back on all four pregnancies of Princess Alexia were there a lot of pictures published of her daughters or her son between leaving hospital and their baptism? As far as I can remember there were not a lot of pictures. Could be wrong but Princess Alexia and her husband value their privacy.

As for the baptism of Amalia not being annouced... It could have a number of reasons. One of them could be as simple as not being able to coördinate the agenda's for all the people involved (family, friends, godparents) or Marie-Chantal's pregnacy. My guess would be that Amelia will be baptized on Lanzarote where Carlos was baptized. And that means making a trip from London to Lanzarote for Marie-Chantal and because she's almost 8 months pregnant (due in July if I remember correctly) she is not allowed to fly anymore. It may even be the case that there has been some discussion of baptizing both Amelia and Pavlos' newborn at the same time! Who knows...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Nobility

Maybe the baby has been baptized already and they decided not to make it a public event. They're not required to share information with the rest of the world. ;-)

You can't really tell much of anything about the baby from the newborn pictures outside the hospital, but I have to think if something were seriously wrong with the child they would have baptized her sooner, rather than later.

(Or, maybe they're planning to make Philippos a godfather and waiting until he graduates this spring...)
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Alexia's children are baptised Greek Orthodox, right? Because none of her siblings could stand as godparents if they weren't, and I know Theodora is Arietta's godmother, and the queen is Ana-Maria's godmother, which wouldn't be possible if they were Catholic, because Catholic babies can only have Catholic godparents. They can have non-Catholic sponsors but they are usually not true godparents.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

I think that it could be in Lanzarote in the end june because Fillipos will graduate in early
Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Serene Highness

Amelia is to be christened the 7th of June in the church Iglesia Nuestra Seņora de los Remedios, in Yaiza (Lanzarote)!
http://www.diezminutos.es/dm/familia...melia_en_junio
There's 4 pictures of Alexia with Amelia and she's absolutely beautiful and cute!