The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raia
i noticed on hello magazines web site they call Prince Phillippos, Prince Paul Nicholas where they got that name from i havent a clue
Hello is a bit weird anyway. The English is often badly written. V sicophatic so they make up for it that way thougth.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness

Some more pics of when the family went to visit Alexia and baby Carlos (without big watermark. Anne-Marie and Sofia seem to be having a good time. From imaginescandinavia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	176224   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	176225   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	176226   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	176227  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	176228   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	176229   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	176230  

Old 08-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Here a clip from Yahoo.
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...19hni942f23b53
(Hope it works)

And this is the translation of some things they said:

(About the name)
-Alexia: We chose it together.
-Carlos: It was very difficult to find.
(laughs)

(About how Arietta and Ana María have reacted with her newborn brother)
-Alexia: Really well for now. We’ll see… but yes, they want to help in everything, which is a bit difficult (laughs) but…yeah, very well.

And for those who can buy it, Alexia and little Carlos are on the cover of the Spanish magazine Lecturas.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

I really like Carlos cuz he seems to be his own man and comfortable in his own non-ex-royal skin! And of course he and ALexia are very haopy and have wonderful kids.

But I wonder, since ALexia and Carlos lead simpler lives, why do they do these photoshoots and press calls. Do they want to do it or does ex-King Constantine and Anne-Marie make them do it?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Do you really want them not to show in public any more? I´d be very disappointed if this happens! I´m quite sure, Constantine wants his family to appear publicily at times, though. With Marie-Chantal he becomes more and more successful because she´s well- known in yellow press by now. And she and Pavlos managed to become close friends to Mette Marit and Haakon, making Mette Marit Odyssea´s godmother f.i. The Greek royal family is one of the most in-public-showing former royal families I know. I have to admit that they are so far free of any scandals. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem very happy together for 10 years now which isn´t natural nowadays. And not to forget the announcements of all the pregnancies, marriages who have happened and still will happen (Nikolaos will be the next for sure....)
But I always wonder whether Carlos is able to offer Alexia a quite comfortable lifestyle only with his very own income. I suppose they live also from Alexia´s inheritance from f.i. her grandmother Queen Ingrid....One must pay for the evening gowns Alexia needs for the several occasions (wedding of Frederik and Felipe last year a.s.o....)

Former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are brother and sister to still reigning European Queens. Besides both are the last authentic couple of the last century where both he and she were kings-children when they married! This fact makes them so unique. And this fact still touches our hearts. I for myself am always moved whenever I see photos of the good old sixties when Anne-Marie was the youngest Queen in the world. They may not have been successful in their job but they never gave in and even in exile their marriage works now for over 40 years and they educated their children very well and therefore I admire them, though I know they f.i. may never have been in financial trouble or so because they were and maybe still are supported by the Danish and Spanish royal family and by Queen Elizabeth.
I was born in 1960 and since my late mother was a yellow-press-fan I know f.i. Alexia since her birth and Anne-Marie was my really fairy tale Queen and the Greek royal family always belonged and still belonges to my yellow-press-fan life and always will.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Nobility

I heard only just now, Alexia had got her third child. So bad luck, it was a boy, hehee...
As everybody knows, I am ALWAYS for cute little girls!
But anyway, congratulations to the parents and sisters.

Little Arrietta and Anna Maria are relly very, very cute! I have not seen pictures of them for a long time. They are already "big" girls! I would like to know if they can speak English or how do they communicate with their grandparents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
Does anyone else think that Anne-Marie looks different? I know that her hair seems lighter, but does she look younger to anyone else, or is it my imagination?
I just thought the same as you! She looks happy and much younger! But I like more brown hairs than lighh hairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are brother and sister to still reigning European Queens. Besides both are the last authentic couple of the last century where both he and she were kings-children when they married! This fact makes them so unique. And this fact still touches our hearts. I for myself am always moved whenever I see photos of the good old sixties when Anne-Marie was the youngest Queen in the world. They may not have been successful in their job but they never gave in and even in exile their marriage works now for over 40 years and they educated their children very well and therefore I admire them, though I know they f.i. may never have been in financial trouble or so because they were and maybe still are supported by the Danish and Spanish royal family and by Queen Elizabeth.
I was born in 1960 and since my late mother was a yellow-press-fan I know f.i. Alexia since her birth and Anne-Marie was my really fairy tale Queen and the Greek royal family always belonged and still belonges to my yellow-press-fan life and always will.
Oh, Stefanie! I am absolutely with you there! There is something so romantic with Anne-Marie and Konstantin! Although I anm not a romantic type, but I like them very much since 1963, when I learnt to know them in the papers!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Courtier

The Greek royals have never received financial assistance from the Windsors. EIIR won't help her own cousins out financially -- even the ones she's close to, so she's certainly not helping the Greeks. They used to receive money from the Shah, and now receive help from Greek shipping families. The Borbons and Danes have never been able to financially support the Greeks. The Danes aren't that rich, but AM would have whatever she inherited from her parents. The Borbons don't receive enough from the Civil List to fund the Greeks, and the family wouldn't have received much money while in exile.

Alexia said that she was going to teach her children Greek, and Carlos speaks English, so they in a few years, they will probably be able to communicate with them in either language.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Does anybody know whether in Spanish HOLA-magazine No. 3.185 there are the photos of Alexia presenting little Carlos? It is the latest edition and I couldn´t find a hint neither on the cover nor in the list. In earlier days such kind of events were "that" theme in HOLA with a detailed photo-story over 2 oder 3 pages. In No. 3.184 they only mentioned that Alexia gave birth to a boy and published the photos of Anne-Marie and Sofia visiting Alexia in the hospital.

In fact there are no photos in HOLA of Alexia presenting Carlos! I managed to get the edition No. 3.185. It´s the first time in years they "forgot" such kind of an event. Could be a hint that either the interest in the Greek royal family is dwindling or HOLA doesn´t want to give Constantine a forum any longer to present himself and his family in public the way he did so far.....
Let´s see if they bring photos of Carlos´ christening. If not, then we know HOLA is "ready" with the Greeks.....
Old 08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
In fact there are no photos in HOLA of Alexia presenting Carlos! I managed to get the edition No. 3.185. It´s the first time in years they "forgot" such kind of an event. Could be a hint that either the interest in the Greek royal family is dwindling or HOLA doesn´t want to give Constantine a forum any longer to present himself and his family in public the way he did so far.....
Let´s see if they bring photos of Carlos´ christening. If not, then we know HOLA is "ready" with the Greeks.....
I do not believe that it happens at all with the Hola, it is an August and in Spain it is the month of vacations, the magazines have the half of size of what is normal, and have a bit of disorder. Probably it they passed, because in the magazine if they announced the birth of the baby and lavisita of Ana Maria and the Queen Sofia.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:19 AM
Courtier

Speculation about when little Carlos will be baptised

To our Greek posters: How long will the weather be comfortable enough in Greece to still celebrate the baptism there? Until end of October? Or is it more likely that they postpone it into next spring?
As far as I assess Alexia she will get over with it as fast as possible.
Any guesses about who will be godfather/-mother? (Why not Marie-Chantal? Alexia is godmother of Olympia after all....)
I don´t know what I prefer right now: To see little Carlos already in October again or to wait how he´s growing until next spring. I´m afraid they won´t public new photos of him until the baptism.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

I think that

late May next spring,will be perfect!Little Prince has to wait, sometime to be an Orthodox!:)