Greek Royal Family current events & pictures 1: January 2003 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s so weird (in a very positive way!) to see them sitting there again. I have an old magazine of the young royal couple from 1965 attending a concert of the great conductor Herbert v. Karajan at this very spot (together with Prcss Irene and Sofia)! Who would have thought that they would ever be able to attend a concert at this stadium...?!

Great pictures! It´s so nice to see them being able to enjoy a concert and in company of Princess Irene.

It's not the first time I remark that KC looks different on the pictures when he is in Greece. He really looks radiant. Sorry no political alllusion but he seems so different from other pictures... Nice to see that I think.

King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie, Crown Prince Pavlos with Marie Chantal, Princess Theodora
and Prince Philippos attend the celebrations for Queen Margrethe II’s 40th throne anniversary in
Denmark this weekend.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

For more pics, information and a detailed discussion please use the following thread:

** Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations; January 13th-15th, 2012 **

They look so happy all together!

thanks!!!!!beautiful!!!!! prince Philippos is very handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Princes of nikolaos are not!!!!! WHere are they?????????

:previous:

They did not attend and have not been listed at the list of attendees of the events so far.
As said before more information can be found at the extra thread! :flowers:

Pr. Phillippos reminds me more and more of his father at the time when he got married (both are about at the same age right now)

I like Prince Philippos, he is very handsome. And Prince Nikolaos. Princess Theodora is very pretty, but I don´t like her the way of dress.

I miss Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana, i would love pics of them while expecting their first child :flowers:

Thanks for the links.

I have to say, my heart aches for King Constantine, it's so sad, I felt he was on the verge of tears. I surely do hope Greece will reinstate the greek monarchy.
Also it's funny to see Queen Anna-Maria having such humor :D
(That's typical danish humor :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana, i would love pics of them while expecting their first child :flowers:

Me too! Perhaps they are too busy to create the new room for the little prince/ss and buying all the baby stuff.

Thanks for the interview!:flowers:
King Constantine was realistic to acknowledge that the Greek restoration would not happen. Crown Princely couple was diplomatic. The other interesting point for me is that the CNN correspondent asked Crown Prince Pavlos to comment on the Greek economic crisis.

Last edited:
That was a very interesting interview; I really like the King and Queen and admire their realistic attitude toward their situation. They must feel some sense of gratification that they're popular in their country although there's no likelihood of monarchy restoration. Anne-Marie sounds like a warm and cheerful lady with a fine sense of humor.

Given the Kings health, and he is evidently more frail these days, I'd be surprised if he himself would want to be reinstated as King. The stresses of a near economically ruined state and the rigours of public life are not comittments he and his wife need in their twilight years.

They seem to be very realistic people which is fortunate for them.

I admire the kings because they know what is the love of homeland. Unlike politicians, they do not know what is homeland.

Does anyone know why he was walking with a cane during the Danish Jubilee celebrations?

He has problems with one of his legs and has been pictured with a cane several times during the last two or three years.

IT IS TRUE, he has problems in his right leg from a long time before. he used little the stick, but since the summer is common to see him with the stick.

I too noticed the use I'd the cane, what is the age difference between the king & Queen Anne Marie? (she seems so much younger than him, or maybe it's just my perception.......)

6 years! King Constantine is 71 (born on June 2, 1940), Queen Anne-Marie is 65 (born on August 30, 1946).

Given the Kings health, and he is evidently more frail these days, I'd be surprised if he himself would want to be reinstated as King. The stresses of a near economically ruined state and the rigours of public life are not comittments he and his wife need in their twilight years.

They seem to be very realistic people which is fortunate for them.

hahahaha the age and health are not an obstacle in Greece. Have you seen who have been Presidents of the Republic? The current President can barely move hahahahah . Other Kings of Europe has problems with their legs, King Juan carlos , King Albert

Happy that the Greeks may show their jewelry because of the Glitter of the Danish Royal Court.

He has problems with one of his legs and has been pictured with a cane several times during the last two or three years.

Thank you; I haven't been following the GRF and only noticed it during the recent events.

I´m getting a bit scared when I see the King getting frail knowing that his parents both didn´t become very old and didn´t live anymore when at their son´s current age.

Too late! But the royal family members event was a beautiful service

I suppose they have adapted well since they've been living in London for most of their lives. I think they've been living in London since about 1970. Alexia would have been 5, Pavlos 3 and Nikolaos 1. Theodora and Philippos have always lived in London. King Constantine said on his Larry King interview that one good thing about his exile is that he has had way more time to spend with his family then he would have had otherwise. I think that is why the family is very close, happy and well-behaved. Also, Anne-Marie came from a close, loving family. I'm not sure about Constantine's family. It doesn't always seem to be the same with alot of royal families.

By the way, I'm still rooting for a marriage between HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Princess Theodora of Greece! :D

I just read the part about HRH William and HRH Theadora getting married.. Too bad that never happened, they would have made beautiful babies! Although selecting Catherine as his future queen was a great choice.. she is amazingly beautiful and graceful. We watched the royal's members events and the service on my big-screen in Reno, Nevada. Such a beautiful wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom