The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

They all seem very happy.That's good.I was thinking about Pavlos:maybe it's just an overfatigue combined with lots of stress because of the financial crisis and not anything serious.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

Iakynthi I agree with you. I think Pavlos looks fatigued and it must have somethhing to do with the recent crisis. After all, it affects directly his business.
Gorgeous photos. I wonder why Nikolaos hasn´t married his Tatiana yet. She sure is a beautiful girl!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Royal Highness

Carminha,like you said before:Iakynthi says only the right things...
By the way,I loved Tatiana's hair-style and earrings in the previous photos,on Queen Sofia's birthday.So fashionable and elegant at the same time
Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

Great pics Ice and Beltraneja! Does anyone know what nationality Diane VF is? I know VF is her (ex) husband's name. What was her maiden name? Her coloring and features look Greek to me. Though I believe I was read she was of French descent, tho she looks more Mediterreanean imo.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post
Hello Iceflower,

Could you put other photos ? On the same web, Mc and Pavlos were at Royal Academy Arts.

Thank you
I've posted all I was able to get, there's nothing more, I'm sorry, olili.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Great pics Ice and Beltraneja! Does anyone know what nationality Diane VF is? I know VF is her (ex) husband's name. What was her maiden name? Her coloring and features look Greek to me. Though I believe I was read she was of French descent, tho she looks more Mediterreanean imo.
Bella, Diane von Fürstenberg's maiden name was Diane Simone Michelle Halfin,
her father had Russian origins and her mother came from Greece. So you were
right about the Greek origins, after her marriage to an US citizen some years
ago she got that US citizenship as well.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the photos! It is nice that Marie-Chantal and Diane von Furstenberg are still close despite the divorce between MC's sister-in-law and DVF's son. Nikalaos is so handsome, and he and Tatiana look like they are very much in love in their photo.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

As far as I know Diana's maternal grandmother is 100% Greek.She has lived many years in Belgium and she's Jewish.Alexandra still works for DVF (communication manager or something like that),their relationship has always been very strong.By the way,I remember Alexandra dating Tim Jeffris back in 2004.Life & Style had a photo of the couple in the annual White Tie & Tiara Ball of Elton John on August 2004.Are they still together?Does anyone know?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

Teodora is like wine, improve with time.
I mean with it:
That she is more pretty with the time.

With 11 years old
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...lerana/ino.jpg

With 12 years old
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...na/teodora.jpg

With 16 years old
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...lerana/ytu.jpg

With 21 years old
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ana/ytu001.jpg
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ana/ytu002.jpg

With 25 years old
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ana/ytu004.jpg
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...ana/ytu003.jpg

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...na/fillipe.jpg
Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Nobility

The christmas card
from facebook:"the greek royal family"

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...47186_3702.jpg
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Which means that some posters,who said it was taken during Filippos' graduation last summer,were absolutely right.Very disappointing
Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Is that really the Christmas card? No pictures of the grandchildren or the spouses? Seems very odd.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

Of course there couldn't be any kids there.The graduation took place in Georgetown (US) and only the main members of the family attended.For example,Pavlos went there by his own (no wife or kids) and Alexia didn't attend at all.The reason why they published it as a Christmas card is unknown,though.Perhaps,they weren't able to gather at one place on Christmas,but still,who knows?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is the strangest Christmas card ever! There are two legal spouses missing and a total of 9 grandchildren.
There is no particular message to this choice. Actually I wonder if P Alexia and P Pavlos has any idea this was being sent out as a Christmas card.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Royal Highness

What do you mean?Is it possible that someone else takes care of these things without even informing the main members of the family?Whatever happened,I have the impression that there wasn't a "get together" this time
Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Nobility

Am I the only one who likes it ? Altough being very fond of the Greek kids, I think this cards is elegant and focuses very normally on the closest family of KC and QAM. The focus on the graduation says to me that this family, although very conscient of their ligneage, pays a big attention to education and merit (not the first time I think this).
Having said that... I'm hoping for Pavlos's and Alexia's cards with beautiful pictures of children...
And happy 2009 to all posters (and many beautiful new pics and good news from the GRF) !
Old 01-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The card is elegant, but I must agree with everyone else that this seems like a really strange choice for a Christmas card. The family does not seem complete, and it is disappointing that they didn't include the grandchildren.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I like the card, but I´d love it if there were the children and spouses as well. Pleeeaaaase, may Pavlos and Alexia send their own cards with their lovely families!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Which means that some posters,who said it was taken during Filippos' graduation last summer,were absolutely right.
Thank you,I did.

Btw,having in/laws and grandchildren doesn´t mean they HAVE to be on each and every pic.Not even each and every Christmascard.
The original Family,just the parents and children,is A OK.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand your point, Lucien. However, I love seeing the children and grandchildren. They have such a large, beautiful family. I enjoy seeing the new babies, and the children growing up each year.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Oh yes, very lovely, all those photos! How beautiful, Tatjana is! Looking forward, Yours sincerely, Tilla.

Tags
crown prince pavlos, crown princess marie chantal, greek royal family, king constantine ii, prince nicholas, prince nikolaos, prince philipos, princess alexia, princess maria-olympia, princess tatiana of greece, princess theodora, queen anne marie