Engagement of Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - November 16, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations!

Congratulations to the couple!! Hoping for another summer island wedding!!!

Princess Theodora on her instagram:

"Words can’t express our happiness and excitement. I can’t wait to marry this wonderful man. I love you Matt ♥️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqPuwQ6FvFY/

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple. It's a good new.

Wonderful news for the couple. I am also hoping for an island wedding like her 2nd borther of like her 2nd cousin Pss Olga, now Duchess of Apulia, though a London wedding perhaps will enable her godmother to attend.

Last edited:
Another American marries into a European Royal family soon:lol:;)

Congratulations to the two of them!?

So do we think any of the BRF will attend her wedding...not sure where it will be?

LaRae

Congratulations to my Princess Theodora. Last summer, I had the privilege of meeting Matthew. He was spending his holidays with the King and Queen, Prince Nikolaos and Prince Philippos and Princess Benedikte of Denmark. I saw them in Porto Heli when they were disembarking from Afroessa (the ship of the King and Queen). Matthew was very polite, because he helped get off the ship to King Constantine. I greeted him and my princess Theodora and they were very kind to me.

So do we think any of the BRF will attend her wedding...not sure where it will be?

LaRae

If it's in London at St. Sophia's, yes there will likely be a respectable turnout of the BRF. If not, I don't think so.

If it's in London at St. Sophia's, yes there will likely be a respectable turnout of the BRF. If not, I don't think so.

Where do they all live since they are 'displaced' ?

LaRae

Where do they all live since they are 'displaced' ?

LaRae

Greece,most have returned to Greece again!..:)..

Wonderfull news btw,congratulations and Yamas!!!X

I think the BRF will send a representative to the wedding if it is not in London and it will likely be Harry and Meghan or Edward and Sophie.

That's delightful news, congratulations to the happy couple!

The Princess grew up in London, but has been living in Los Angeles for many years now. Her parents as well as Nicolaos and Tatiana are now living in Greece. Iirc, Pavlos and Marie Chantale have moved to the US, Alexia lives in Spain with her Spanish husband, and doesn't Philippos live in the US as well? With none of the family any longer living in London, it's unlikely to be a London wedding, imo. I think that they will choose to marry in Greece next summer.

Wonderful news !
I remember, maybe in a documentary about the GRF, that Theodora wanted to be married at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens like her parents. It would be very nice, of course (quite unlikely though)
i bet she will wear the Khedive tiara !

Wonderful! Congratulations to Theodora and Matthew!

Wonderful news for the couple. Congratulations.

Could they marry in St.Sophia Orthodox Cathedral in Los Angeles?

Saint Sophia Cathedral - Los Angeles, California

My office at my former place of employment was within walking distance to St Sophia Los Angeles. The exterior and interior of the cathedral is so beautiful it boggles the mind, but it's located in an area that is...let's just say....not as lovely as the church itself!:eek:

Congratulations to the couple!!!!
The Cathedral of Athens would be the right place TO WEDDING

That's delightful news, congratulations to the happy couple!

The Princess grew up in London, but has been living in Los Angeles for many years now. Her parents as well as Nicolaos and Tatiana are now living in Greece. Iirc, Pavlos and Marie Chantale have moved to the US, Alexia lives in Spain with her Spanish husband, and doesn't Philippos live in the US as well? With none of the family any longer living in London, it's unlikely to be a London wedding, imo. I think that they will choose to marry in Greece next summer.

A summer wedding in Greece like her brother Nikolaos seems most likely indeed.

And what a cute instsgram post by Theodora. Looks like she is over the moon that Matthew proposed...

Congratulations to Theodora and Matthew! It is marvelous that the groom-to-be is from the United States. :usaflag::usaflag:

Any idea if Matthew is of Indian origin? I ask because of his last name Kumar, which is a common Indian last name

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

I don't see them getting married in London as no one in the family lives there any more. A wedding in Greece is highly likely.

We may see a member it two of the BRF there if summer wedding. Maybe.

Any idea if Matthew is of Indian origin? I ask because of his last name Kumar, which is a common Indian last name

It has been speculated that his family is originally from India; so far relatively little is known about him.

I definitely see members of the Kent branch of the BRF attending as they are close to the Greek royals via Princess Marina. Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella attended Princess Alexia's and Prince Nicholas' weddings and I can see them attending this one too.

This is fantastic news. Congratulations to the Theodora and Matthew!

Back
Top Bottom