Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because she hasn't bothered to make the step to any other wedding she has been invited to abroad, when every other reigning monarch has travelled.
If HM, or Charles and Camilla turn up I will think it is incredible bad of them to turn up to this wedding and not any of the others they have been invited to.

I totaly agree with you Lumutqueen..
It will send a very bad signal for the family if the Queen attends the wedding after she has ditched al the other weddings for the past decades..Denmark,Sweden,Norway, Spain ect.
But i still think that it´s bad taste that neither the Queen, Prince Charles, the Dutches and Princes William and Prince Harry NEVER show their attendens to a big ting like a wedding if they are invited.

But i still think that it´s bad taste that neither the Queen, Prince Charles, the Dutches and Princes William and Prince Harry NEVER show their attendens to a big ting like a wedding if they are invited.

That isn't entirely true.

Her Majesty has attended the two weddings in London of Pavlos and Alexia.
Prince Charles has attended all the heir weddings bar three now I believe.
Prince William and Harry have only been invited to the wedding in Sweden, they were on Official duties at the time of the wedding.

That isn't entirely true.

Her Majesty has attended the two weddings in London of Pavlos and Alexia.
Prince Charles has attended all the heir weddings bar three now I believe.
Prince William and Harry have only been invited to the wedding in Sweden, they were on Official duties at the time of the wedding.

The "only" coupel from England who showed their attendens at the wedding her in Denmark was The Earl and the Countess of Wessex according to guestlist from the Court in Denmark.

As far as i can remember it was again the Earl and th Countess of Wessex who attend the wedding in Sweden not Prince Charles and his wife attend and as for Prince William he woud rather se a fotball game in South Africa insted of try learn to "mingel" with his "colleagues" from his big family.
Again thats really bad taste if he ever is going to be the King of England.

But, keep in mind that Prince Nikolaos is a close relative to the Queen, more close than others...and HM is already at the end of her Reign and already 85 y.o. So maybe she has to take that trip, after all, Greece is the only country she never visited during her reign...

In case Elizabeth II attends this would be a sensation IMO and get some attention in the press. Therefore it´s very unlikely that she will attend because it would cause an affront against all the other noble houses she never visited for different reasons.

I love how William is still getting nailed for not attending Victoria's Wedding due his "need to want to watch a Football Match." The fact that, as it was the World Cup of Football/Soccer, it was England's first match of the Tournament *and* as the President of English Football, it would have been slightly odd if he *hadn't* been there attending that match in South Africa.

It was a stupid conflict. That's it. That's all. I too would love to see William, Harry, the York girls attending Family Events outside of Britain and why they aren't is beyond my reasoning, but when it came to Victoria's Wedding, it wasn't a snub. It was a conflict and one I think that was understood by Victoria and Daniel.

Now can we get back to wondering what the Bride will be wearing on Wednesday please and who her attendants will be and what they're wearing....I can't wait!!!

I think we could see Princess Theadora as attendant to the bride and wouldn't be surprised if the bride wore DVF.

The Queen both attended CP Pavlos´and Princess Alexias weddings!

Sorry my post wasnt clear. She will never ever travel abroad to attend this wedding. I knew that Pavlos' wedding was in London, plus he is the heir, but forgot about Alexia.

The "only" coupel from England who showed their attendens at the wedding her in Denmark was The Earl and the Countess of Wessex according to guestlist from the Court in Denmark.

As far as i can remember it was again the Earl and th Countess of Wessex who attend the wedding in Sweden not Prince Charles and his wife attend and as for Prince William he woud rather se a fotball game in South Africa insted of try learn to "mingel" with his "colleagues" from his big family.
Again thats really bad taste if he ever is going to be the King of England.

Which is why I said Prince Charles has attended all but THREE heir weddings, which would be Sweden, Denmark and one other.

and HM is already at the end of her Reign and already 85 y.o. So maybe she has to take that trip, after all, Greece is the only country she never visited during her reign...

Excuse me? She's at the end of her reign? Where do you come to that conclusion? She's 84 as well, and I think there is a reason she has never visited Greece. If the wedding was in London i'm sure she would come.

I love how William is still getting nailed for not attending Victoria's Wedding due his "need to want to watch a Football Match." The fact that, as it was the World Cup of Football/Soccer, it was England's first match of the Tournament *and* as the President of English Football, it would have been slightly odd if he *hadn't* been there attending that match in South Africa.

Sorry but he wasn't just there for a football match, he had been in SA for many days with his brother on a state visit.

It was a stupid conflict. That's it. That's all. I too would love to see William, Harry, the York girls attending Family Events outside of Britain and why they aren't is beyond my reasoning, but when it came to Victoria's Wedding, it wasn't a snub. It was a conflict and one I think that was understood by Victoria and Daniel.

You won't see any of the younger generation attend events outside the UK until William and Harry are out of the military and The York girls have finished Uni. IMO they don't want to give up what normal life they have at the moment.

Now can we get back to wondering what the Bride will be wearing on Wednesday please and who her attendants will be and what they're wearing....I can't wait!!!

Well, i dont think the swedish royal family feels snubbed that they choosed the world cup over them.

Herman Lindqvist was intervied in SVT and he said that UK felt it more important with the World Cup since they were in it that the royal wedding. Many people speculate that he actually had been told to say that by the swedish royal court.

If this hasnt come up yet, the swedish princesses and princes are going to attend this wedding this coming week.

Papparazzis, if you got X-raycameras, dont use them all at once on Victorias belly, deal?:)

I hope some newsagency in Sweden atleast shows some phots from the event

In case Elizabeth II attends this would be a sensation IMO and get some attention in the press. Therefore it´s very unlikely that she will attend because it would cause an affront against all the other noble houses she never visited for different reasons.

I don't think that Elisabeth has to apoligise to anyone, if she attends her nephiue wedding. She is related to the Greek Royal Family more than any other Royal families...

What I've read in another board (glittering events I think) some years ago, is that QEII does never attend funerals, and also never attends weddings abroad, which is supposed to show that she embodies the permanence of the Kingdom...

For those interested in the accomodation of the royal guests :
Happy Turtle: Where royal weddings happen...

I don't think that Elisabeth has to apoligise to anyone, if she attends her nephiue wedding. She is related to the Greek Royal Family more than any other Royal families...

I still can´t figur out how Queen Elisabeth is more relatet to the greek family besids her marriage to Prince Phillip (prince of greece and denmark)

Queen Anna-marie of greece are more relatet to greece by her marriage and ancestors than Queen Elisabeth..

Eksampel: King Christian 9. of Denmark -> Prince Vilhelm/King Georg 1 of greece -> King Konstantin 1. of greece -> King Pavlos 1. of greece -> King Konstantin 2. of greece... King Konstantin 2. and Queen Anna-Marie are relatet by their ancestor named King george 1. of greece.

I just heard on the BBC news that there was a moderate earthquake in Greece. Hope this doesn't affect the wedding plans!

It was nothing major as it is reported on the website of the national television. It took place in Zakynthos which is near Italy, not near Spetses at all.

I just heard on the BBC news that there was a moderate earthquake in Greece. Hope this doesn't affect the wedding plans!

We have earthquakes all the time here, nothing major most of the times. The people in Zakynthos didn't even realized it!!

Other than her marriage to Prince Phillip, could someone tell me how "related" QEII is to the Greek royals?

Lumutqueen, generally these people are related multiple ways, but I know one way of looking at it would be:

King Christian IX of Denmark - Queen Alexandra of England - King George V of England - King George VI - Queen Elizabeth II

Christian IX of Denmark - George I of Greece - Constantine I of Greece - Pavlos I - Constantine II

Christian IX of Denmark - Frederik VIII of Denmark - Christian X - Frederik IX - Queen Anne-Marie of Greece

So Elizabeth is Constantine's third cousin as well as Anne-Marie's third cousin, and Nikolaos is her third cousin once removed. IMO that's not that close of a relation, and certainly no closer of a relation than she has to many other royal families.

Thank you for doing the search for me, and your right she is no closer related to the Greeks than any other royal house. Could somebody tell me what Prince Phillip is to Prince Nikolaos?

Prince Philip is very close

King George of the Hellenes - Prince Andreas - Prince Philip
King George of the Hellenes - King Konstantin I - King Pavlos - King Kostantin II - Prince Nikolaos

But what is his relation? Cousin, uncle etc?
King Pavlos, not King Paul?

I don't say that the Queen is going to do "the step", but all the others who still insist that she isn't going to doit, you don't say why! Just because she did so since now? After all, King Constantine is her favourite one, and the bonds betwin her and the Greek Royal Family are more close, because the GRF lives in GB for more than 30 years.

The GRF don't probably live there out of choice, who says Constantine is her favourite? Favourite what monarch?
Bonds of friendship I presume you mean, and I didn't know they were that close just because she's attended the parties they've had in London.

I have always said why she won't attend the wedding in Greece, because she hasn't attended any other royal wedding abroad. Why would she travel for this wedding, because she is supposedly closer to this royal family than any other?
If she does then IMO she will have done the completely wrong thing and not acted how a Queen should.
She has refused to attend every other wedding of a royal heir or any other royal person except Pavlos and Alexia because they were in the UK, to attend this would look incredible bad.

Now i get it to..therfor Queen Elisabeth must be Aunt to King Konstantin 2. and Great Aunt for the children of King Konstantin and Queen AnneMarie rigth ??

Yes, exactly.
But she is "multiple" aunt, because of her marriage with Prince Philip, but also by blood, as they have common ancestor, as explained before. She is third cousin with King Kostantin II, by blood. So she is in the meantime cousin + aunt!! (That is the effect of the multiple marriages into the same royal families. They are related by many paths)

Back
Top Bottom