The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Nobility

According to the press conference in the greek channels they don't want to mention a date for their wedding because they need to sort out some details.
Also Tattiana will be baptized as a greek orthodox soon and the best-men at the wedding will be Prince Pavlos, Tattiannas brother and a very close friend of Prince Nikolaos.

He also mentioned that he proposed when he took her at a small cruise with his mothers boat, and that his parents said "FINALLY" when they heard the good news.

The wedding will be here in Greece but they haven't decided on the location yet.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Gentry

Yuppiii, i'm so excited! They are a very beautiful couple.
Thank you everyone for the pics.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

I was there, at the press conference today, it was so nice! King Constantine was emotional moved and in a good shape. I toke some photos and uploaded them at the GREEK ROYAL FAMILY group on Facebook!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wonderful pictures from today, the couple look so made for it each other.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roimat View Post
I was there, at the press conference today, it was so nice! King Constantine was emotional moved and in a good shape. I toke some photos and uploaded them at the GREEK ROYAL FAMILY group on Facebook!
Princess Irene attended the event a bit later did she talk to the press?Did Queen Anna-Maria talk?Because we did not see the full press conference on tv.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Princess Irene attended the event a bit later did she talk to the press?Did Queen Anna-Maria talk?Because we did not see the full press conference on tv.
Are there any videos about the meeting?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the couple!! It was high time he proposed!!! I also think Tatiana will make a beautiful bride!!! Looking forward to the wedding!!!
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Any news about her exact date of birth, birthplace, nationality?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

...as well as any new information about her biological father?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wonderful pictures, Tatiana surely is a beauty, but I'm curious about her birthdate as well. Somehow she looks older to me than someone who's born in 1980.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Its in greek from Star channel:

HOT of the Day
Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

very nice pictures for a very charming couple.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Lia, I was going to post the video now, but you have put before it, You have been more rapid.Thanks! I like Nikolaos...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Its in greek from Star channel:

HOT of the Day
Thank you for posting this wonderful video ... even though I didn't understand a word!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Thank you for posting this wonderful video ... even though I didn't understand a word!
The reporter says at the beggining:

"Her exotic beauty, her warm smile, her kindness and her discretion were few of the characteristics that made Prince Nikolaos son of the Former King Constantine to realize since their first meeting in Switzerland that she is the woman of his life"

Prince Nikolaos : "When i first saw her, her beauty charmed me but then her character......we have bonded a lot and we fit/match together a lot!!"

Reporter narrating:
After 7 years of relationship Nikolaos and Tattiana decided to marry at the end of the summer. The proposal came 2 months ago while on the boat of King Constantine following all the traditions.

Prince Nikolaos : " We went for an early evening cruise the two of us and i told her to come at the front of the boat to show her something thats been added. There i kneeled and asked the question."

Then Tattianna talks in engilsh probably the reporters asked if she suspected smthg.

Reporter narrating:
The engagement ring has a zaphire that Anna-Maria gifted since she was the first one that learned about the plans of her son.

Nikolaos " My mother gave me the stone, a zaphire that belonged to her family. When i told my mother that i will ask Tattiana to marry me she (Anna-Maria) told me if i wanted her to give me the zaphire to make a ring with. I was really excited and thats how it happened."

Reporter narrating:
When we asked about the wedding dress Tattiana did not want to reveal anything yet.

Tattiana said in greek: "Its my secret"

Reporter narrating:
Prince Nikolaos parent really happy gave their blessing and Constantinos was teasing his son.

Prince Nikolaos: "I asked my parents earlier to make that proposal and they said Finally!!! And they never pressured me on this matter but they said......we never pressured you but Amen!!"

King Constantine: "He said (Prince Nikolaos) lets get Pavlos on the phone so i told him to tell Pavlos not to say anything yet because the girl might say no!!"

Reporter narrating:

Best-men of the couple among others will be Prince Pavlos, Tattianas brother (Boris) and Nassos Thanopoulos.

Thats from star channel link i provided, i noticed that there were 3 greek channels but none of them had the full interview. For example Alter channel has a part were the Prince says that she wants to be baptized or that she says she loves cooking and if the reporters have any good greek recipes they are welcome.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

The magazine HOLA! of Spain Las fotos más románticas y cariñosas Nicolás de Grecia y Tatiana Blatnik con motivo de su compromiso http://www.hola.com/realeza/galeria/...so/1/11/Romait, The King was emotional.

Lia, They put the summaries.The ring was of Queen Anne Marie .. This is very nice.</p>
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
Lia, They put the summaries.The ring was of Queen Anne Marie .. This is very nice.</p>
No according to Nikolaos the Queen gave him the stone and he made the ring. Thats what i got from the interview.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

why was king constantine emotional?? because it took quite some time? or maybe he feels that given his health scare recently, he still can enjoy and watch his children get married
Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No according to Nikolaos the Queen gave him the stone and he made the ring. Thats what i got from the interview.
I hate to think that another piece of jewelry was broken up for this ring! But I have to wonder how far back this sapphire goes in the Danish royal family. Queen Alexandrine perhaps?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Excuseme it is true the stone was of Queen Anne Marie.
RubyPrincess168, I read it, and that it was a gift of the Kings of Denmark to Anne Marie when she was Princess of Denmark

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik