The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

No matter how they call it, the Greek people and government have no problem with the affairs of the former royal family. Except for Constantine and Anne-Marie who are historically important since they were at some point diadoch/king and queen respectively, the rest of the former royal family of Greece are treated as regular celebrities. Rarely, if ever, anything is written about them in the official "legit" press. In contrast, pictures and news about them, along with singers, actors etc, appear constantly in Greek tabloids (the equivalent of the Enquirer) and glossy magazines like Hola.

Also, the "legit" press gives publicity to various events attended by the Queen of Spain and princess Irene, who are both extremely popular among the people.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Gentry

I agree with you, I think this greek family looks like Greek Royal Celebrities but only Queen Anne-Marie and Alexia look like queen and pricess. It's because thier both sons chose women (marie-chantal and tatiana) who come from rich family. I'm a very disappoinited. I hope philipos will choose a woman who have a job like every woman.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Ms Tatiana Blatnik during a photo call with the press following their engagement at The Yacht Club of Greece

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...4cfnS/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...yQ9kK/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Nj9Zu/610x.jpg
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Thank you for the pics.....does anyone know if they announced a date for their wedding??
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you!! The act have must been very simple
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Commoner

Is there any close up photos of the ring?
in one of the pictures i think that it looked like a saphire (blue like the greek flag).
Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Okay, now I hate her even even more after seeing her gorgeous ring!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwadee View Post
I agree with you, I think this greek family looks like Greek Royal Celebrities but only Queen Anne-Marie and Alexia look like queen and pricess. It's because thier both sons chose women (marie-chantal and tatiana) who come from rich family. I'm a very disappoinited. I hope philipos will choose a woman who have a job like every woman.

I thought Tatiana was from a regular family, is that not so? Maybe upper middle-class but not wealthy like the Millers.

I see no problem with the sons marrying wealthy ladies. Its the reality of all royalty. We royal watchers like to think that these families live in rarified air with no really financial realities with which to contend. But I have no doubt that they have do deal with money realities, just like the rest of us. Do I think Pavlos and Marie have a love match, yes. I've seen nothing that shows they don't love one another. Do I think King Constantine approved the match and Pavlos allowed himself to fall for Marie with full knowledge of how her fortune could eliviate some of the financial burdens of the GRF, yes. If Tatiana comes from a wealthy family...good for her. To me, that just means they will will have a some stressors for married & family lifee relieved for these two.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Strange event: No one of Tatianas family there and Queen Anne-Marie IMO looks horrible. Tatiana herself looks very nice although a had wished a dress once again for a engaged woman. Any knowledge now about her exact date of birth, birthplace and nationality?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nikolaos of Greece and his fiancee, Tatiana Blatnik pose at the royal family's residence in Hampstead, London with his parents, the former King Constantine of Greece and Queen Anne-Marie, Blatnik's mother, Marie-Blanche Brillembourg, and her stepfather Attilio Brillembourg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...lr2DF/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...TDbx2/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...3tf7V/610x.jpg
Old 02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Ahaaaaa, now - this is MUCH BETTER!!! Thank you!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Far better indeed.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I think I may know the providence of the ring - I can't remember which christening it was but Queen Anne-Marie had a set of earrings that look exactly like the stone in the ring.

In the photo, Queen Anne-Marie is wearing a light blue suit and King Constantine is holding one of their grandchildren. She is looking down at the baby smiling. In that photo you can see the stone/setting perfectly.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Wonderful pictures - relaxed and elegant at the same time!

Here's the zimbio gallery with all gettyimages pics without watermarks:

** HRH Prince Nikolaos And Ms Tatiana Blatnik Meet Press Following Engagement **
Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Nobility

I liked the pics!!!! Especially Nikolas and Tatiana together on the yaht.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Strange event: No one of Tatianas family there and Queen Anne-Marie IMO looks horrible.
I agree. Queen Anne-Marie looked sort of tired and bloated today, which is so unusual for this glamorous woman. Perhaps she has a cold or jet-lag or something.

(If someone took my picture today, I'd also look tired and bloated, so maybe it's going around! :-) )

On the positive side, King Constantine looks like he's back to fine form since his surgery last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
IMO If the press conference is to be in Greece they are very wise to call it unofficial ....

Viv
True! I suspect that the "formal" or "informal" designation is more related to the format of the press conference, though. I formal press conference typically involves an announcement or statement, followed by questions. From the pictures, I'm guessing that this was more informal, sort of a photo call with some comments and questions.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Tatiana has always been a beautiful woman but looks absolutely stunning in her pictures today! She will make a magnificent bride ... any mention of a wedding date. Unfortunately, Queen Anne-Marie looks a bit under the weather :(
Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a report about the meeting today from Svenskdamtidning.se:

Google Nachricht

According to this report Nikolaos and Tatiana are hoping that they will get married at 24-08-2010.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

THANK YOU!!PRINCIPESSA. I read that it could be about 24 august????in Greece....

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik