The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Nobility

I think that if this wedding would be in London would have more royal guests and this would call more attention. but I think in Greece, the number of guests is reduced and its level decreases.
The wedding of Princess Alexia had a high representation of all the European monarchies. In the Spanish press has been published that it will be private. it will not have images in direct, no pictures of ceremony

Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is it clear which members of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Nobility

Yes, it is, in web of the "Hola!" says:
Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia, Infantas, Elena and Cristiana and Iñaky,and children.Although not very clear presence of the daughters of Prince Philip, but I think they will be, because this summer are gone soon Mallorca and could not be with their cousins and I think this is because they will be together Greece
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
Yes, it is, in web of the "Hola!" says:
Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia, Infantas, Elena and Cristiana and Iñaky,and children.Although not very clear presence of the daughters of Prince Philip, but I think they will be, because this summer are gone soon Mallorca and could not be with their cousins and I think this is because they will be together Greece
Hola! only says Queen Sofía, Prince and Princess of Asturias and Infantas, nothing about the children.

Todo listo para la boda de Nicolás de Grecia y Tatiana Blatnik

It is a private act so the Spanish Royal Household will not do official confirmations on this wedding.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Courtier

I saw the pictures of Princess Alexia"s family in Greece for the wedding, I just didn't Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal "s children!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess that if it´s a private wedding, all the children will be present. If not, I think the GRF children will be there, but I´m not so sure about the SRF ones.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Commoner

is there any biography available of miss tatiana? i know nothing about her, where was she born? grew up? are her parents alive? where do they live?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Hola! only says Queen Sofía, Prince and Princess of Asturias and Infantas, nothing about the children.

Todo listo para la boda de Nicolás de Grecia y Tatiana Blatnik

It is a private act so the Spanish Royal Household will not do official confirmations on this wedding.
The Spanish Royal House never does official statement of private acts, and this is a family event, this is obvious but last week, the Spanish press published that the press office of the Spanish Royal Family, had told journalists that menbers will attend to the wedding.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalina View Post
is there any biography available of miss tatiana? i know nothing about her, where was she born? grew up? are her parents alive? where do they live?

You may find information on her if you google her. Sometimes it takes you to the peerage page where you can search her family tree.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there any reason that the wedding is on a Wednesday?sorry if this has already been answered! This is very strange to me.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Two reasons that I have read:
The first, Tatiana's birthday is the 25th, I thought it was August 28 but I read that is 25 August.
The second, may be because the weekends there is much traffic of tourists on the island during the week is less, it is better for security. I think that is this
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Why are they marrying in Greece? Both Alexia and Pavlos married in London. Do you guys think they wanted less attention?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

I think Alexia & Pavlos had to be married in London because the GRF hadn't been allowed back on Greek soil yet. Now that they are welcome in Greece again, all baptisms, etc have been held there. This will be the first wedding though.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

An article about the wedding on Hello:

Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik prepare to wed - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
Why are they marrying in Greece? Both Alexia and Pavlos married in London. Do you guys think they wanted less attention?
I think the Prince Nikolas could have married in London, would attend to the wedding The Queeen Elizabeth ........., but he has decided that the wedding would be held in Greece, he knew that this would have a lesser representation of Royal House . I think he wanted something memorable, he likes to Greece, since 2003, he always has his holidays in Greece, and he had been at parties, weddings, baptisms of his friends . For Prince nikolaos a memorable wedding is to celebrate it in Greece, he is Greek, for us an unforgettable wedding would be in London with the Queen of England. I think he wanted a different wedding, unforgettable, special for him, and it was Greece
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

QEII never ever would have attended this wedding if it was held in London. She simply doesnt attend any weddings outside her closest family (children and grandchildren), that would be Charles' or the Wessex' job.

I don't think we will see much high class royalty at this wedding apart from family ties (DRF and SRF).
Old 08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Actually the Queen did attend Pavlos's wedding to Marie Chantal....which was held in London I believe.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Commoner

The Queen also attended the wedding of Alexia to Carlos Morales in London in 1999
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
QEII never ever would have attended this wedding if it was held in London. She simply doesnt attend any weddings outside her closest family (children and grandchildren), that would be Charles' or the Wessex' job.

I don't think we will see much high class royalty at this wedding apart from family ties (DRF and SRF).

You are so wrong,myfriend. The Queen attented both Pavlos and Alexia's weedings...
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen also attended the wedding of a daughter of the Duke of Westminster in 2004; if I don't mistake, the reason why she rarely attends weddings outside her family is linked to the necessity to grant her security.

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik