The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Nobility

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I want to get in to a suit by Louis Vuitton this fall and am refraining and exercizing to stay in shape.
Good luck with your effort.

I have no idea about Grand Duchess and Duke of Luxembourg! (Are they even close to them?) I think that the traditions you mention are going to be held.

KittyAtlanta, i was also very glad when i found this forum 5-6 years ago,it took me long to sign in and sometimes it took me many months to comment ( i remember once i haven't made comments and posts for 18 months) but i kept visiting.I advise you to visit the ''General Royal Discussion'' and the subforums concerning Royal History (for example Norwegian Royal History,Swedish Royal History etc).

Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Nikolopoulos I am not in Greece and I do not keep up so pls explain why Samaras might not be invited-without residual laughter? or attend I have not been to Greece in a long time-
and the friends I had are now in the First National Cemetery.So I rarely if ever visit.
I know the question is not to me but I want to say about it. Antonis Samaras is not monarchical, he represents a New Democracy, this is the second political party in Greece,, this is not a political party of monarchical ideology. . Misotakis was President of New Democracy and Prime Minister of Greece, but the political party is not monarchical,some politicians who were identified with the monarchy united with the years to New Democracy. He is a friend of King Constantine, I think he will be at the wedding but Samaras no. today in the New Democracy have been many conflicts between Dora, who is the daughter of Misotakis and Samaras is the president. Samaras has removed to Dora of Party in the Parliament. Misotakis defends to his daughter against Samaras.This is difficult to explain and I think it should not talk here , I think Misotakis may be in the wedding and Dora. Samaras it is impossible. misotakis is friend of constantine, Samaras is a politician

Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

thank you!!! he is handsome... I have found this about wedding Some details that have transpired: A: the wedding will be celebrated by the afternoon before of the nightfall B: The ceremony will take place in the cathedral of Spetses, San Nicholas. C: The ceremony will attend members of all the royal houses, with and without a throne, it is not known that members will represent each Royal House, but everything points to the Spanish royal house is almost complete except the King Juan Carlos, who is recovering from surgery and whose condition does not permit travel. Prince Charles and his wife Camilla could represent the British Royal Family, other prominent guests will be members of the House Asian and Greek aristocracy (Vardoyannis, Livanos, Lapsis ..) D: Members of the Royal Houses will stays at the Hotel Poseidon, the entire hotel is reserved, but not the only, all the hotels reserved for the entire island from day 20 to day 25. E: After the wedding will be celebrated the reception for the guests at the mansion of the architect Kuchma, a close friend of the Kings of Greece, at the party in honour of the spouses will sing an international singer, could be Elton John. F: At the end of the evening there will be fireworks.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
thank you!!! he is handsome... I have found this about wedding Some details that have transpired: A: the wedding will be celebrated by the afternoon before of the nightfall B: The ceremony will take place in the cathedral of Spetses, San Nicholas. C: The ceremony will attend members of all the royal houses, with and without a throne, it is not known that members will represent each Royal House, but everything points to the Spanish royal house is almost complete except the King Juan Carlos, who is recovering from surgery and whose condition does not permit travel. Prince Charles and his wife Camilla could represent the British Royal Family, other prominent guests will be members of the House Asian and Greek aristocracy (Vardoyannis, Livanos, Lapsis ..) D: Members of the Royal Houses will stays at the Hotel Poseidon, the entire hotel is reserved, but not the only, all the hotels reserved for the entire island from day 20 to day 25. E: After the wedding will be celebrated the reception for the guests at the mansion of the architect Kuchma, a close friend of the Kings of Greece, at the party in honour of the spouses will sing an international singer, could be Elton John. F: At the end of the evening there will be fireworks.
Yes, I have read it about wedding, but nothing is official. Spetses has a cathedral and a monastery , and I have read that it could be in monastery. I have a friend that say it has more space and in a better location for wedding celebration.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stef do you suppose Ant1 will transmit the wedding on Greek TV?
Have they announced anything about it?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Nobility

^Both Ant1 and STAR Channel will surely cover the event.I actually think that their owners (Kyriakou-Vardinogiannis) will attend the wedding.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

Do you know crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel attend the wedding?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Courtier

In 2006 I saw a wedding on T.V which was called "the Great Indian wedding". It was the wedding of Indian hotelier Vikram Chatwal and model Priya Sachdev. It was a multi-million dollar wedding. The wedding was attended by Prince Nikolaos of Greece, Naomi Campbell, Lakshmi Mittal, Patricia Velasquez, several Indian celebrities. Former President Bill Clinton toasted the couple.

As much as I remember, The Travel and Living channel (India) Interviewed Prince Nikolaos for a few minutes/seconds.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Do you know crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel attend the wedding?
Victoria has a engagement the day after the wedding so depends on the timing.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

At the moment the court confirmed that both (crown princess and prince) will be attend the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Victoria has a engagement the day after the wedding so depends on the timing.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
At the moment the court confirmed that both (crown princess and prince) will be attend the wedding!
Princess Madeleine & prince Carl Philip as well

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Nifty news Another big wedding to look forward to!
Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Yes, I have read it about wedding, but nothing is official. Spetses has a cathedral and a monastery , and I have read that it could be in monastery. I have a friend that say it has more space and in a better location for wedding celebration.
the monastery??? or in Cathedral????.

http://usuarios.multimania.es/lafami...%20Nicolas.htm

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...G/26564194.jpg

The Prince Nikolaos said in February that Princess Victoria would be invited to his wedding and I see that this is true
Old 08-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Who will represent to the English royal house? I have read that could be Prince Charles and Camilla, but is it official?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No one has engagements listed on the British Royal Website until the 27th August.
If someone was going, they would have announced it by now.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Stef do you suppose Ant1 will transmit the wedding on Greek TV?
Have they announced anything about it?
It is possible that the interior of the monastery has no images of the celebration, the images could be arriving the guests and departure of guests from the monastery, inside I do not think so. I think Star will have it, but ANT1, Live not, though it has to 20:00 the news.We will have to wait to see the programming of the next week.I have read that there will be many foreign journalists
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Courtier

So, do you think either of these will broadcast the whole wedding live? Will anyone outside Greece be able to view the wedding online like we did for Crown Princess Victoria's, Crown Prince Frederik's, Crown Prince Haakon's and other weddings?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Nobility

^That's hard to tell.It depends on how popular they are at US.
The weddings you mention were huge events and gained large publicity because Victoria,Frederik and Haakon will reign one day.Plus,each wedding had it's interest due to other reasons: future Queen married her trainer,future King married an Australian commoner and Mette Marit was critisized a lot about her past so everyone was curious about them.Nikolaos won't reign so it depends on how Americans are interested in him.I think that everyone will mention it but i'm not sure if it's going to be available online.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Will the children of Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal be present at the wedding?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

They should be. Nikolaos is, after all, their uncle. And the children of Princess Alexia should be present,too.

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik