Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to various online sources, she was born in 1980.

Can somebody please give me any brief info regarding Tatiana. Is she an aristocrat or a successful businesswoman? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with her.

I think this is the official title that is given to the wife of a Prince.
Marie Chantal's official title also has her husband's name in it. She is titled HRH Crown Princess Pavlos.

Originally Princesses who married into the greek Family where styled by their own name. For example the mother of the Duke of Edinburgh was Princess Alice of Greece and not Princess Andrew. But also Marie Chantal is styled as Princess Pavlos now

Can somebody please give me any brief info regarding Tatiana. Is she an aristocrat or a successful businesswoman? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with her.

I read she use to be a model and grew up in the United States.
There is no info on where she is originally from or what she does.

I read she use to be a model and grew up in the United States.
There is no info on where she is originally from or what she does.

I think that after the holidays we will learn more about her. There will be press conference, photos and i bet some interviews of the engaged couple!!

Guys, what little is known about Tatiana Blatnik is discussed in the Prince Nikolaos current events thread. Please don't repeat the same questions here.

For a long-term girlfriend and companion we know remarkably little about Ms Blatnik and most questions probably can't be answered at this stage.
More detailed information should soon be revealed officially or by researchers now the engagement has been announced.

Tatiana Blatnik won't remain a woman of mystery for much longer. Be patient.
:)

thanks,
Warren
GRF moderator

Great news! I believe Tatiana will make a beautiful bride and now, after the official statement, I hope to know a bit more about this future princess.

Lots of happiness! :flowers:

Well, I'm not happy about it, but Congratulations to the happy Couple!

I think this is the official title that is given to the wife of a Prince.
Marie Chantal's official title also has her husband's name in it. She is titled HRH Crown Princess Pavlos.

You are right. When the King accepted the marriage and elevated MC to HRH accorded her the title Princess Pavlos. I believe the same will be true for Tatiana as well. They will carry their titles as long as they remain married to their princes. They are not princesses on their own right, although Tatiana throught her mother is an aristocrat.

It will be a great match...they look great,thus they have both descended from Kings and Queens of Great Britain where they will marry ;)

After they are actually engaged now it´s funny to re-read all the former predictions and speculations - Stef was right who on October 31st predicted they would become engaged.
I gave them until End of January 2010- well.....
In this case I´m indeed a little sad that I have Internet. What times were this when Pavlos´ and Joachims´s engagements came as a big surprise to me back in 1995 when I didn´t even know that both had serious girlfriends and read about the engagement in my local newspaper.;)

I agree with you.I acknowledge that I had lost hope of seeing Niko and Tatiana married, this has been a very pleasant surprise for me.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to hear this news. It would be lovely for them to get married in Greece. Who would need to give their permission for this to happen?

Here is what Henri M from GREMB posted about Tatiana's ancestry:

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Posted by Henri M
invisible.gif
on 29/12/2009, 9:27:27, in reply to "Re: Info on engagement and reason for short announcement"
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]King George II of Great Britain (1683-1760) x Caroline Princess von Brandenburg-Ansbach (1683-1737) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Princess Mary of Great Britain [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Princess Mary of Great Britain (1722-1772) x Friedrich II Landgraf von Hessen-Cassel (1720-1785) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Wilhelm I Landgraf von Hessen-Cassel [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Wilhelm I Landgraf von Hessen-Cassel (1743-1821) x Princess Wilhelmine Caroline of Denmark and Norway (1747-1820) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Wilhelm II Kurfürst von Hessen-Cassel [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Wilhelm II Kurfürst von Hessen-Cassel (1777-1847) x Emilie Countess von Reichenbach-Lessonitz (1791-1843) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Hélène Countess von Lessonitz [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Helene Countess von Lessonitz (1825-1898) x Oswald Freiherr von Fabrice (18520-1898) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Maximilian Freiherr von Fabrice [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Maximilian Freiherr von Fabrice (1845-1914) x Ilma Countess Almásy von Zsadány und Török-Szent-Miklós (1842-1914) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Ellinka Freiin von Fabrice [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Ellinka Freiin von Fabrice (1875-1935) x Dr Paul von Gans (untitled noble) (1866-1915) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Margot von Gans [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Margot von Gans (untitled noble) (1899-1984) x Adolkar Count von Einsiedel (1889-19..) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Ellinka Countess von Einsiedel [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Ellinka Countess von Einsiedel (1922) x Ernst Bierlein (1920) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Marie Blanche Bierlein [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Marie Blanche Bierlein (1954) x Peter Blatnik (19..) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]-> Tatiana Blatnik [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Tatiana Blatnik (1980) x Nikolaos Prince of Greece and Denmark (1969) [/FONT]

-------------------
According to Diane von Furstenberg, in her blog (Oct. 27, 2009, about her trip to Spain with Tatiana), she (DvF) used to date Tatiana's father.

DIANE von FURSTENBERG

At the bottom of the Diane's blog, there are several photos in Spain: one of Dvf with Infanta Elena and one with Tatiana and Nikolaos.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to hear this news. It would be lovely for them to get married in Greece. Who would need to give their permission for this to happen?
I believe no one! I mean, every Greek Orthodox person (like Nikolaos) can get married in a Greek Orthodox church freely. Of course, there are certain documents and certifications he has to supply, but I guess that is no problem, since two of Constantine΄s grandchildren were baptised in Greece and I suppose they supplied all the relevant papers. Last year, Prince Michael΄s daughter, Olga, got married on Greek soil, again no problem with that. I have just noticed that on all 3 occasions, the baptism or wedding ceremony took place in a church or monastery belonging to the authority of the Patriarch of Constantinople!!!

A greek magazine mentioned that the couple will possibly marry this summer in Santorini. Lets see if the Press conference verifies this!!

finally! they are getting married...this is fun, now royal watchers can take some rest...after years of speculating on victoria and daniel...now it's nikolaos and tatiana.....who's next on the watch list, i wonder...but congratulations...i hope there'll be pictures..

How exciting! Can't wait for another royal wedding!

After they are actually engaged now it´s funny to re-read all the former predictions and speculations - Stef was right who on October 31st predicted they would become engaged.
I gave them until End of January 2010- well.....
In this case I´m indeed a little sad that I have Internet. What times were this when Pavlos´ and Joachims´s engagements came as a big surprise to me back in 1995 when I didn´t even know that both had serious girlfriends and read about the engagement in my local newspaper.;)

I thought Niko would married this year because I think 40 years is a good age to commitment, but I thought that this would be in early December for my the date of this commitment has been a surprise

I was so thrilled to hear the news !!! :flowers:

This makes 4 royal weddings in 2010 (if they decide to marry in 2010) : Victoria&Daniel's, Madeleine&Jonas', Nathalie&Alexander's and Nikolaos&Tatiana's . Can't wait for the wedding watches.

Dear MissSage,

there will be five weddings. You have forgotten Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma and Annemarie Gueltherie de Weezel.

can anyone fill me in what Niko and Tat do for a living and who will support their semi royal lifestyle? I can't see him changing nappies...

If I good remember somone post it here earlier or maybe it was on GREMB.

Tatiana works in PR for fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg. Nikolaos has worked for his father's office, but if I remember correctly, recent reports also suggested that he had begun working in some capacity for a business based in Dubai.

This is very exciting news! I didn't realize that they have been dating for 7 years. I wonder when they will announce the date for the wedding?

Back
Top Bottom