Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Star channel just announced they will have live coverage of the wedding!!!

That's good news! I don't suppose we can get it online though.

Has anyone seen Princess Theodora in any of the pictures? I don't seem to spot her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I heard, she was still in California. She will probably fly in today.

Thanks to all for the links and photos!;)

If you have TVE1 in a few minutes the famous program will give a report of the wedding, this afternoon at 20:00 TVE also talk about it.

This afternoon at 20:00 spanish hour will given a program that mixes news and celebrity news, it will talk about wedding , the satellite is TVE1

Philip is neither Constantine's second cousin or his uncle.

You are someone's aunt/uncle is you are his father/mother's sibling, not his parent's cousin. For instance, Charles and Anne are siblings; therefore Anne is William's aunt and Charles is Zara's uncle. William and Zara are each other's (first) cousin. This will not make William an uncle to Zara's children - he will continue to be a cousin, just more distantly. He will be a first cousin, once removed, to Zara Junior. (Charles, however, will be Zara Junior's great-uncle.)

In order to be a second cousin, your parents have to be first cousins. Zara Junior and William Junior will be second cousins. Constantine and Charles are second cousins because their fathers were first cousins. But Philip and Constantine are not second cousins - second cousins, first cousins, third cousins, and so on require you to be on the same line on the family tree. Philip and Constantine are first cousins, once removed - like William and Zara's children will be.

Sorry I disagree with you, but In think each country and language has its rules.
Philip and King Pavlos were first cousins, so Prince Philip will never be cousin with King Kostantin he is his uncle in second degree.
Charles and Kostantins kids are cousins, definitely.
Maybe in US you have another definition of family links, all is question of definition.

Sorry I disagree with you, but In think each country and language has its rules.
Philip and King Pavlos were first cousins, so Prince Philip will never be cousin with King Kostantin he is his uncle in second degree.
Maybe in US you have another definition of family links, all is question of definition.

I think the same way, at less here in Argentina we see the family links in your way fandesacs

Not much, as it's a very short article. It says that - as she has to act as
regent as representative of Queen Margrethe and the other family members
that will attend the wedding or be elsewhere - she won't attend the wedding
but has visited the church before. In June she made a short vacation in
Greece visiting her sister:

"And twice we were inside and saw the church where the wedding will take
place, and I took several pictures. It is a very sweet little church. I think it
will be a very different wedding and very charming", she said. :flowers:

Nice, i have that channel. You dont happen to know the time?

Unfortunally i dont think my version of Star channel will show it since they dont have it on their schudlie

Yes, but in English an uncle must be a sibling of a parent (or a grandparent or great-grandparent and so on.) Your uncle is never your father's cousin, at least in English. :flowers:

I saw on the video of the royal family speaking the time 18:00 listed as something - is that the beginning of the wedding, and will it be available online? (That's 17:00 for much of western Europe, 16:00 for Britain, 11:00 for US Eastern Time, and 8:00 for US Pacific Time, for anyone who isn't sure of the time differences. :flowers:) I hope it's available live online as I'm so excited about seeing it!

For Charles and Constantine to be cousins, Phillip and Paul have to be brothers. They aren't are they?

Philip and Paul are first cousins, because their parents were siblings. Therefore, Philip and Paul's children (Constantine and Charles, for example) are second cousins. I agree with other posts that there are no "uncles" involved here, only cousins at this point. :flowers:

Any idea when any of the royal guests are scheduled to arrive? Is there a pre-wedding gala this evening? I'm hoping for fabulous gowns, tiaras, and magnificent jewels! :p

Princes Constantine and Aquilleas Andreas not attending?!

I saw on the video of the royal family speaking the time 18:00 listed as something - is that the beginning of the wedding, and will it be available online? (That's 17:00 for much of western Europe, 16:00 for Britain, 11:00 for US Eastern Time, and 8:00 for US Pacific Time, for anyone who isn't sure of the time differences. :flowers:) I hope it's available live online as I'm so excited about seeing it!
If you are reffering to the videos from Star channel, I read the text and it mentions that at 18:00 the local and foreign press will have their credentials chequed and that they will get organised in a platform outside the church.The bride is expected to arrive at 19:30, so the ceremony will start then. I am trying to find out if there is a way to watch live.

Thanks, snowflower! Yes, that's the video I'm referring to - I saw something about 19:30 as well. And thanks for looking around to see if it's going to be online, as the website's quite literally all Greek to me. :flowers:

As a romantic person, I just thought it must be funny to go to bed tonight and think "tomorrow I become a real princess"...

As a romantic person, I just thought it must be funny to go to bed tonight and think "tomorrow I become a real princess"...
Nah,maybe she just thinks:"Finally,finally Nick is gonna say yes,I hope."......;)

you're all wrong, shes thinking: "tomorow night...wow cant wait"

I just read that the presence of Queen Elizabeth can not be ruled,at the moment

Nice, i have that channel. You dont happen to know the time?

Unfortunally i dont think my version of Star channel will show it since they dont have it on their schudlie

The time of the wedding is 19:30 local time, i don't know if they have live stream on the internet but for sure they will have small videos!

http://www.star.gr/index.php?ID=life_style the link to life and style topics

Back
Top Bottom