The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nikoloas marrying on an island that shares his name. Interesting.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Monastery of Agios Nikolaos is in Spetses

Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Courtier

But it says the cathedral of Agios Nikolaos

Although I suppose that it will be in the monastery...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Gentry

the couple has chosen the perfect location. tatiana will be the the most stunning bride ever, with a wedding gown designed by diane von furstenberg.

gregory
Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Some info I was able to find on the church

Quote:
The Monastery of Agios Nikolaos
is also the place where the body of Paul-Marie Bonaparte, Napoleon’s nephew, was kept during several years, before being transferred to an islet of the Peloponnese where those who died for the Greek War of Independence were buried.

from:Spetses churches, Greece: Description of the famous churches of Spetses, Saronic
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
the couple has chosen the perfect location. tatiana will be the the most stunning bride ever, with a wedding gown designed by diane von furstenberg.

gregory
Is Diane Von Furstenberg designing the wedding gown?That certainly will be modern.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this article, king Juan Carlos won´t come to the wedding. Queen Sofia and her sister Princess Irene with Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infantas Elena and Cristina will arrive in a private flight.
Monarquía Confidencial - Don Juan Carlos no asistirá a la boda de Nicolás de Grecia: doña Sofía viajará con los Príncipes de Asturias y las Infantas Elena y Cristina en un vuelo privado
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to this article, king Juan Carlos won´t come to the wedding. Queen Sofia and her sister Princess Irene with Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infantas Elena and Cristina will arrive in a private flight.
Monarquía Confidencial - Don Juan Carlos no asistirá a la boda de Nicolás de Grecia: doña Sofía viajará con los Príncipes de Asturias y las Infantas Elena y Cristina en un vuelo privado
The King does not attend weddings but I am glad to read that of all other Princess Irene will attend.Irene is my favourite.I missed her presence at the wedding of Princess Victoria.
Does anybody know if Farah Diba and family has been invited?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Nobility

King Juan Carlos is not in a good state of health, it was obvious he would not attend.
He is very weak health.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He didn't seem that un well in pictures taken while he's been on holiday.
No he doesn't attend weddings, but he wouldn't have to travel that far and it is family.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Serene Highness

King Juan Carlos has to recover from the surgical intervention he suffered in the lung.
Reza pàlevi may be one of the godparents that subject the crowns on the heads of the boyfriend
The wedding will be at the Cathedral of Saint Nicolas, it was said by the mayor of the island
A picture.
http://usuarios.multimania.es/lafami...%20Nicolas.htm
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
King Juan Carlos has to recover from the surgical intervention he suffered in the lung.
Reza pàlevi may be one of the godparents that subject the crowns on the heads of the boyfriend
The wedding will be at the Cathedral of Saint Nicolas, it was said by the mayor of the island
A picture.
Beltraneja
Thank you for that about Reza Pahlavi as a a possibility to be a godparent
Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He didn't seem that un well in pictures taken while he's been on holiday.
No he doesn't attend weddings, but he wouldn't have to travel that far and it is family.
Traveling form the mainland Athens to Spetses can be quite tiring and I think it best he not attend and fatigue himself any further to the detriment of his health concerns.From Spain to Greece is quite a voyage in itself.I am certain he has sent his heartfelt blessings with the Queen
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Irene of Greece was the godmother in baptize of Prince Nikolaos, would be nice that she would has some sort of role in the wedding , alternating the rings....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
King Juan Carlos is not in a good state of health, it was obvious he would not attend.
He is very weak health.
I knew HM had undergone lung surgery, but did not realize just how badly his health is until the pictures of him and the SRF at the Welcome Home Reception for the Spanish team to celebrate the World Cup of Football/Soccer Victory were released. I was stunned by just *how* weak and how badly his colour is.

I sincerely hope that HM Juan-Carlos can recover, as I have great respect for all he's done for his Country under very difficult circumstances during his Reign.

Okay now...On to Nikoloas and Tatiana's Wedding News!!

I'm really looking forward to this Wedding and can't wait to see both Tatiana's dress and what her attendants will be wearing. She's really going to make a stunning bride.

Now to go back and catch up on Wedding news in the thread.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
A picture.
Whats a godparent?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Whats a godparent?
Godparent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
A godparent, in many denominations of Christianity, is someone who sponsors a child's baptism.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

I went back a few pages, but couldn't find the exact date of the wedding. I know we're getting close though. Could someone please tell me when the Wedding is? Thanks!!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I went back a few pages, but couldn't find the exact date of the wedding. I know we're getting close though. Could someone please tell me when the Wedding is? Thanks!!
25th August.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Nobility

Tatiana is a very beautiful woman, I am expectating by see her wedding dress. Everyone says that the designer will bee Ira of Fugtenbergs but could be another designer. Is not the official name of the designer?

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik