The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

The traditional Greek weddings are different to the ritual of the crowns. Crowns about the boyfriends comes from the Russian Orthodox Church, to which belonged Queen Olga, woman first of the Dynasty, the ceremony is only with royals wedding. In the wedding of Princess Alexia was her father who alternated the crowns. I forgot to comment that another guests at the wedding insurance, are the menbers of the Royal House Bulgaria, I'm sure Prince Kirill be one of the godparents.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

We have 3 Greek channels on our satellite so I hope they do show some coverage of the wedding. I highly doubt it will be overly hush hush.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalix View Post
Why Tatiana should learn greek language?
She isnt going to live there, her fiancé has no Greek blood etc... Even the "Crown Prince" speaks badly greek and Crown Princesse doesn't know it.

For the ex royal family,Greece it's the sun, the sea, the yacht, the islands, feta, sirtaki aaaaaaaaaaaa of course also the country that gave A very good job, honors which the Danish cadet branch would not have had, jewels etc. to their ancestors. And thanks to Greece, they were able to play Alexander the Great, Pericles, Iphigenie or Theodora the Great.

They still have some hope and just try to keep up appearances.
I can only laught with what you are saying about "her fiancé has no Greek blood etc"/ The members of the Greek Royal Family are better Greeks even from the current members of the Greek Government!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Will the media broadcast the wedding on the internet?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Courtier

Who are the confirmed royal guests? I bet the Spanish and Danish RFs will come.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Serene Highness

I might be completely wrong by saying this, but, most of Constantine's children who have married all married wealthy people, to me that send a message: we're looking for money....
Old 08-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Who are the confirmed royal guests? I bet the Spanish and Danish RFs will come.
There are only rumoured lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I might be completely wrong by saying this, but, most of Constantine's children who have married all married wealthy people, to me that send a message: we're looking for money....
Marie-Chantal I'll agree with you, don't know about Alexia's husband. And Tatiana isn't that wealthy is she?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
i couldn't agree more.while Felipe,Frederik,Victoria,Haakon,Willem and others married commoners with normal financial backround Constantine's sons clearly made the choice you mentioned.Lumutqueen i agree with you about Alexia's husband,he is a very well known architect in Spain but i don't think that he is that whealthy.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Courtier

In La Otra Crónica del Mundo they talk about Tatiana and her parents, she descendens from George II!

If anyone is interested I can trauduce it or upload the pages of the newspaper.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Marie-Chantal I'll agree with you, don't know about Alexia's husband. And Tatiana isn't that wealthy is she?
I don't know about Alexia's husband but Tatiana's a granddaughter of a countess, so they may not be rich in money but they probably are very rich in assets.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I don't know about Alexia's husband but Tatiana's a granddaughter of a countess, so they may not be rich in money but they probably are very rich in assets.
But doesn't mean Tatiana has got any of those assest.
MC was rich because of her father, and Pavlos certainly will have known that. IMO Pavlos yes married partially for money, Alexia and Nikolaos not so much.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Courtier

I think that Tatiana's family have a lot of money, his fathar was superrich and her mother and stepfather live in the Hamptons.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
But doesn't mean Tatiana has got any of those assest.
MC was rich because of her father, and Pavlos certainly will have known that. IMO Pavlos yes married partially for money, Alexia and Nikolaos not so much.
Well that's true, but something I have noticed is deposed royals like to marry other people with titles or money, I could be wrong and all the Greek prince's and princess married for love, but that's just my opinion.

Melibea, do you mean the Hampton's in New york? Because if so then yes, they are EXTREMELY rich!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Yes, Hamptons, New York.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She doesn't show it, MC you could tell she flaunted her wealth IMO. Carlos nor Tatiana seem money friendly.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Yes, Hamptons, New York.
oh then they are definitely millionaires, I know I live 30 minutes from the Hampton's, just the taxes you pay on a home there is more than an average person makes a year.

And I do agree Tatiana seems very down to earth, unlike M-C who seems very snobby, she acts like she's better than all the other royals, even though she will probably never reign!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Courtier

In La Crónica they answer what happened to her father, he committed suicide in Gstadd as he was depressed because his wife had left him (Tatiana's mother) and he was involved in a corruption case in Venezuela.

They also say that her granmother, Elinka Ordway (the countess), lives in Marbella in Spain and that's why Tatiana speaks spanish, her second husband was Walter Rupprecht.

Her father was a playboy in his younger years, he had an affair with playboy bunnie Jan Marly, and Natalie Wood. His first marriage was to Marion de Pocioto and he had two children with her: Igor and Anouchka. He divorced when he knew Marie Blanche Bierlein (Tatiana's mother). Blanche is the grandchild of counts Von Einsiediel. And Blanche also descends from George II, the prince of Hesse, and William the conqueror.

Her father made money from a shoe factory that he inherited from his father but he increased the business and was known as the king of shoes.

Her step father is one of the Amos del Valle that means that he is one of the 20 families that have business in all Venezuela
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Monarquia confidencial say that they are going to get married in Agios Nikolaos
Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Change of location?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Courtier

No idea, that's what monarquia confidencial says, normally they are correct but I suppose that we will have to wait and see.

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik