The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

I don´t know where it will be but the King and Prince Nikolaos have been this week in Porto Heli. The king 70th birthday the day 2, and it is possible that the party will be in Porto Heli

Old 05-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

I read that it will be in London,the birthday ...I read it here.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 AM

Does anybody know if their wedding will take place at the private island of Spetsopoula near Spetses? I read in a blog today that they will get married there.For the record,Spetsopoula is owned by a member of Niarchos family.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

According to Spetses Mayor, the wedding will take place on August 25th, at the St. Nicolas Church in Spetses Island.
Medousa, i think that you red that Spetsopoula will open, in order to receive the large number of guests that will come to the weeding. rumors say that even Queen Elisabeth, who rarely travels abroad for such occasions, will be attend Nikolaos wedding. Probably Elton John will be also a guest and the main entertainer of the dinner after....
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Administrator

This pic is far too good to pass up.

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik at King Constantine's 70th birthday party, London, June 2010

It was also a good opportunity for many of the royal relatives to meet Tatiana for the first time, and vice versa. She's now moving in quite exalted circles. We've no idea how things went (or what Elizabeth II thought of her), but she can't be faulted for her dress or appearance!

-> Nikolaos & Tatiana, June 2010
Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
This pic is far too good to pass up.

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik at King Constantine's 70th birthday party, London, June 2010

It was also a good opportunity for many of the royal relatives to meet Tatiana for the first time, and vice versa. She's now moving in quite exalted circles. We've no idea how things went (or what Elizabeth II thought of her), but she can't be faulted for her dress or appearance!

Beautiful indeed!!Do we know the designer??
Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

hahahaha!!! She already knew the other members of royal families because she has agreed on the birthday party of Prince Pavlo with them, but I think she was the first time she greeted Queen Elizabeth and the Duke
Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

I do not think the wedding of Prince Nikolaos will not be Queen Elizabeth because she never attend to events outside of England
I think at the wedding of Prince Nikolaos will be all her children, but she no.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

I thought it but If you look at the past, it was unusual that members of the British Royal Family attended to royal weddings outside the country, but at the wedding of the Kings of Greece Athens attended a great representation of the British Royal family, including the Duke of Edinburg, it was unusual..
Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
For me this has been a surprise, I had doubts about the title of the grandmother of Tatiana, Countess, but I've found that she is part of various foundations , and she signed as Countess...iT IS TRUE!!!!!!!
I thought of Spetses, but I've read that it has limited the movement of vehicles.and it is very need in this wedding
In spetses, the only way you can moove is motorcycles and carriages. So, i think it's the perfect place for royalty..;-)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Courtier

I read that King Constantine gave an interview to Denmark´s "Billed Bladet" on June 17th. There he mentioned that the wedding will take place on August 25th in Porto Heli/Spetses. Wonder whether they´ll announce it on their official website.
Anybody who knows more?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Beautiful indeed!!Do we know the designer??
It should be Diane von Furstenberg. Tatiana is responsible for the Press Departement of this brand, she could not wear other designers.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
We've no idea how things went (or what Elizabeth II thought of her), but she can't be faulted for her dress or appearance!

I do not think that we will ever know what The Queen thought of Tatiana, because I do not think the she easily communicates her impressions!

And, at the end, what is the importance??? the main point is that Nicolaos loves her.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

I have not read the interview of the King, I would like to read it!. Weeks ago, The Mayor of Spetses said that the wedding will be held in island, which will be not closed to the public, but that there will be heavy security. The public may see the wedding, respecting with security measures
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It should be Diane von Furstenberg. Tatiana is responsible for the Press Departement of this brand, she could not wear other designers.
Of course she can, just because you work for one designer does not mean you cannot wear another designers clothes.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
I have not read the interview of the King, I would like to read it!. Weeks ago, The Mayor of Spetses said that the wedding will be held in island, which will be not closed to the public, but that there will be heavy security. The public may see the wedding, respecting with security measures
I have read it, but I didn´t like the Mayor to make public such data because it was a secret. The Royal House is who prepared of wedding, no him. I haven´t find the interview of King of Greece in Billet Bladet, the interview that the King did was to a Agency the day 3 of june, but it is not in billet Bladet.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

It is certain is the royal family who is preparing it, in the month of May when the Kings traveled to the island of Tinos, they met with responsible hired by them for the preparation wedding .....but you do not forget that they must rely on the Greek authorities and the Mayor of Spetses and, he is working with them
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Courtier

August 25th is a Wednesday. Is that usual in that section of the world to get married on a Wednesday? September 25th is a Saturday. That seems more likely to be the wedding date. Does anyone know if these Greek royal weddings are televised online? I would love to view it.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

But isn't August vacation month for most of Europe? Maybe more people are available then?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
But isn't August vacation month for most of Europe? Maybe more people are available then?
August is the vacation month for everyone world wide.
I don't think i've ever seen an August royal wedding before.
September/July would be better.

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik