The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Prince nikolaos is commited with Tatiana ..... If Princess Magdalena broke up with her boyfriend, she will have to find another boyfriend ....
Prince Nikolaos has a beautiful girlfriend, he is going to marry her, they live together ...........Tatiana is his future wife......

Old 05-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She broke up with her fiancee. She doesn't have to find a new boyfriend straight away.
Everyone was sure about those two, we don't know for certain that Nikolaos and Tatiana will make it down the aisle. Like for all engaged couples we will have to see.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Courtier

When Queen Anne-Marie in the interview mentioned that the summer date might become postponed into autumn she mentioned nothing about Tatiana learning to become Greek-orthodox or that her learning is the reason for postponing into autumn. Any Greek poster here for some speculation how long it lasts to become Greek-orthodox? I slowly also believe that this wedding won┤t take place this year any more.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Nobility

I have no idea how long it takes because its different for adults wanting to convert....it depends on the priest and how fast the person learns and if the priest believes the individual is ready (i quess).
But at the greek magazine Life&Style there is a pic of Tattiana with her hairdresser and he mentions that they started thinking of hairstyles for her wedding day. So maybe the wedding is not far but the date is still kept a secret by the couple until last minute. For an example couldn't they announce 2 months before since they want a close circle wedding??
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

.I remember that Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales when they celebrated their a press conference in March 1999, he was studying to convert to the Orthodox Church ... 1 month later, he became the Orthodox Church ...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
First, Nikolaos Prince said at the press conference, in August .. After Queen Anne Maria said that in autumn, but was not set the day and place .. I believe it could not be this year it could be the next....
I agree with you..I think that it should be celebrate in London, does not in Greece....She should be next year. I think that in Greece, as is obvious, they don┤t like people, the people and journalist will attack to King, if it is celebrate in Greece
Old 05-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Thanks Nikolopulus!I think like you:
I think that it should be in London, if it would be in Greece, it would be the perfect excuse for that politicians would use it to distract to the people...They would use it for attack to the monarchy ..it is habitual.It should celebrate in London
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Up until now I ve only read in magazines that they wish to get married in Greece. I really think that bureaucracy and parctical issues could cause a bigger problem to them than the Greek politicians - really, I doubt they would have the nerve to attack a man who is officially a foreigner and hasn't been involved in Greece's public life for 30 years when the country faces major problems. If there is an actual problem I guess it it about practical stuff , like the location and the security. They can't choose Athens with a strike going on every week because they would put their guests in inconvinience with all major hotels being in the centre. So they probably need to find another suitable place in due time, where they could celebrate the event and the guests would be at ease. Plus, let's not forget that they need to solve the security issues concerning foreign high profile royals like Queen Sofia. All this stuff takes time I guess
Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Holding the wedding in Greece given the country's current state/conditions would be surprising. I'm sure the event would bring much needed income to the country, but the civil unrest and strikes increases the dangers. But then there's the sure-to-be-negative press for not having the wedding in Greece.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Courtier

If you mean the Greek press I┤m quite sure they aren┤t a bit interested in whether there┤s a Greek noble wedding in Greece or elsewhere. I┤m even sure the former Greek royal family will be ignored, only the yellow-press might be interested but it doesn┤t matter whether the yellow press complains about not celebrating the wedding in Greece.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

And when a Greek authority visits other countries like Spain has been given diplomatic protection(the controversial funeral of Queen Federika , Queen Sofia had to renounce her diplomatic protection to attend to the funeral.) .... If the wedding is in London or Greece ... will have to speak with the authorities as in weddings past ......
This kind of weddings have a great relevance in the international press, specializing in royal wedding, the guests, costumes, jewelry, the wedding ceremony held by the family in London are credited a lot of international press, Spanish , English, USA ...... The relevance of this wedding would be in this press , not in the Greek press.

I think the wedding can see the date changed .....
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

I hear you loud and clear and I think all that U say makes sense.
Again I ask When oh When will a Greek Prince marry a Greek girl?Always marrying outside theculture how muvch good is that doing in the long run?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Royals marrying foreigners are almost a rule and not really surprising. (The crown princes of Norway and Belgium marrying fellow country girls are really the big exception!), so the answer to your question about "when" must be: WHEN the greek prince finds a nice greek girl he falls in love with.... You can still hope for Phillipos - but don┤t be too optimistic; he┤s hanging out a lot in the US, you know?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

This is true menbers many European Royal House were married with foreigners, Queen Sofia with King Juan Carlos, but in Greece it has an impact .

In Greece since 1994, considers the whole dynasty of the royal family are foreing.It is abolished by law, birth in Greece ...
This is the Queen Sofia since 1994 was not born in Greece, King Constantine and Princess Alexia and Prince Pavlo was not born in Greece ... It affect to all the dinasty , from King George and Queen Olga who had Greek citizenship but weren┤t born in Greece ,and rest.........
They are foreing by Law of 1994, today this law is in force in Greece....
The problem is that they are foreing in their own country.
If Prince Phillipos would marry with a greek, the foreing would be him......

Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

it is true, If Prince Philipos would be marry with a woman greek, the law of 1994 , it would be a marry enter : greek-foreing....
But for me would be greek-greek...
Old 05-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Holding the wedding in Greece given the country's current state/conditions would be surprising. I'm sure the event would bring much needed income to the country, but the civil unrest and strikes increases the dangers. But then there's the sure-to-be-negative press for not having the wedding in Greece.
i'm sorry, i find it very funny. you americans believe everything your press says. when we have episodes here, it's only in the centre street of athens or maybe in thessaloniki too. nowhere else. the american and british television always try to hit our tourism by making people scared. and i don't think that anyone would choose the center of athens to marry. it's not romantic at all. there are so many other beautiful places and islands ideal for weddings. we all know that nikolas and tatiana usually visit porto heli, kefallonia and crete. and all of them are amazing and very romantic places. they can choose one of these to marry. but the question is if it is convenient for them to marry in greece. nothing is sure yet, so we must wait.

with respect,
gregory
Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

..And Portaria!!!!!!!!!!!but it is possible that the date changes or the year...
Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you saying they might not get married until next year?? Then why did they annouce it at the beginning of this year just to have such a long engagement?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

I think that the preparing of this wedding is very difficult:
First choice of the place: It must have good media ... this has to have capable of hotels ....
second, the security , they have to hire security measures, the site must meet minimum security .....
Third date: August in Greece is high tourist season, so it is logical that it will be in autumn ...

The wedding date may change ...
And if at this time would have a general strike in Greece ,affecting to the airports??? It could change of date
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
i'm sorry, i find it very funny. you americans believe everything your press says. when we have episodes here, it's only in the centre street of athens or maybe in thessaloniki too. nowhere else. the american and british television always try to hit our tourism by making people scared. and i don't think that anyone would choose the center of athens to marry. it's not romantic at all. there are so many other beautiful places and islands ideal for weddings. we all know that nikolas and tatiana usually visit porto heli, kefallonia and crete. and all of them are amazing and very romantic places. they can choose one of these to marry. but the question is if it is convenient for them to marry in greece. nothing is sure yet, so we must wait.

with respect,
gregory

Indeed, I agree totally with Gregory. You know, it is rather unfair for Greece and the Greeks to state that the instability and violent episodes are all over the country.

I read in the greek Life and Style that the marriage has been set for September 25 in Pilio.

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik