Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sadly, there's a tiny voice in my head saying he only got engaged to Tatianna so he would be stag at his ex's wedding (ie Victoria), that he might've had a hangup about that fact she was getting married first.

Tatiana Blatnik was converted to Orthodox Christianity.
Last week in St. Sophia Orthodox Cathedral in London, Tatiana Blatnik was converted to Orthodox Christianity, in the presence of the Greek royal family and close friends. The Mass was celebrated by the Orthodox Archbishop Britain, Greogory.
Tatiana professed Catholic religion .

:previous:Prince Nikolaos of Greece is a friend of Princess Victoria, Nikolaos Tatiana will marry because he is 40 years and she will be 30 years in august , was a good time to marry. They are together for seven years and lived together since 2005

did she take another name apart from her previous name? how do you say it, "middle name" i think.

gregory

I do not know if Tatiana has taken some other name in her orthodox baptism. I haven´t read nothing about name.I have read that Prince Pavlo and close friends were her godfathers She could taken other name because she become other religion.

I hope Tatiana will learn greek as soon as possible and she will try to become 100% greek.

I hope Tatiana will learn greek as soon as possible and she will try to become 100% greek.

Why?
Why should she learn Greek?
And why should she become a 100% Greek?
She's marrying a man who wasn't even born in Greece, so why should she do anything Greek for him?
I don't think they are even going to live in the country after they marry, are they?

Tatiana marries a greek and not an ordinary one but a PRINCE OF GREECE.And Prince Nikolaos is very fond of Greece and I am sure his wife will learn the language.

Tatiana marries a greek and not an ordinary one but a PRINCE OF GREECE.And Prince Nikolaos is very fond of Greece and I am sure his wife will learn the language.

A prince of a non-reigning royal family, who don't want there royals.
Why learn a language, she is never likely going to use.

Before when I was talking about the name I should have written "middle name ". In the conversions you can take a middle name. My opinion, is that although they are a monarchy without a kingdom,their members should learn Greek, because although they do not use on a regular basis it, they are part of a Royal house, not- reigning but with origin in Greece .

After a bit of surfing, it looks as though all the Royal Greek weddings have taken place at St. Sofia's Orthodox Church, Bayswater, London. It would make sense, as they all live there. BUT, this could be the exception.

After a bit of surfing, it looks as though all the Royal Greek weddings have taken place at St. Sofia's Orthodox Church, Bayswater, London. It would make sense, as they all live there. BUT, this could be the exception.

So they are not going to be married in Greece, but in London then ????
I´m glad that i´m not resposobil for sending out the invitasions for the weeding 2. time with another destinasion :wacko::confused:

So they are not going to be married in Greece, but in London then ????
I´m glad that i´m not resposobil for sending out the invitasions for the weeding 2. time with another destinasion :wacko::confused:

No Nikolaos is marrying in Spetes, Greece.
But Pavlos and Alexia married in London.

Tatiana Blatnik was re-baptised?Did I understand well?

Yes. She is orthodox now:ROFLMAO:
Yesturday she was catholic, today is orthodox.Simple. What is the problem?:p

Tatiana had been already baptised even if as catholic.I can't understand the need of a new baptism.This is a Sacramed that is given only once in a life.

Why Tatiana should learn greek language?
She isnt going to live there, her fiancé has no Greek blood etc... Even the "Crown Prince" speaks badly greek and Crown Princesse doesn't know it.

For the ex royal family,Greece it's the sun, the sea, the yacht, the islands, feta, sirtaki aaaaaaaaaaaa of course also the country that gave A very good job, honors which the Danish cadet branch would not have had, jewels etc. to their ancestors. And thanks to Greece, they were able to play Alexander the Great, Pericles, Iphigenie or Theodora the Great.

They still have some hope and just try to keep up appearances.

Prince Nikolaos is greek and speaks greek.His wife should know it too.

Prince Nikolaos is greek and speaks greek.His wife should know it too.

It will be the best for Tatiana to learn the greek language if they are moving to Greece..It´s the same storry her in Denmark when both CP Mary and Princess Marie became wifes of CP Frederik and prince Joachim..both girls had/has to learn the naitive language of CP Frederik and prince Joachim...

Life & style magazine

Yesterday i bought the greek magazine life & style that has a big tribute to prince nikolaos & tatiana, and also an interview of h.m. King constantine who cellebrated his 70th birthday on june 2nd.

It will be the best for Tatiana to learn the greek language if they are moving to Greece..It´s the same storry her in Denmark when both CP Mary and Princess Marie became wifes of CP Frederik and prince Joachim..both girls had/has to learn the naitive language of CP Frederik and prince Joachim...

Exactly, there is no reason for her to learn a language, she is never going to use. Even if it's helpful to know a second language, but only if you are going to use that language.

It is not the same for Tatiana than for the two Danish Princesses. Mary and Marie were going to live in Denmark and to have an active role.
Tatiana, even if she moves in Greece with Nikolaos, they are not going to have any role, only some social relations.

That's true. but I think they should learn Greek, Nikolaos, Theodora and Fillip learned Greek and not born in Greece. They would not had any institutional role.

That's true. but I think they should learn Greek, Nikolaos, Theodora and Fillip learned Greek and not born in Greece. They would not had any institutional role.

They learned Greek because they are princess of the Greek Royal Family!!! Imagine Nikolaos, being the second in line in the Greek throne (even in theory), nor speeking greek:eek:

And the time when these children have been raised up, they still hope to restoration!

Marie-Chantal either, did not learn greek.

Vasilofron or any kind Greek poster, could you scan the issue of Life&Style so that we can see the pictures ? they are probably beautiful as always in this mag... I tried several times to find it in Paris but it seems hopeless.

Vasilofron or any kind Greek poster, could you scan the issue of Life&Style so that we can see the pictures ? they are probably beautiful as always in this mag... I tried several times to find it in Paris but it seems hopeless.

I am not sure we are allowed to scan, its considered intellectual property and we need to take permission.

Back
Top Bottom