The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
Well, on the other hand, although Tatiana comes for a wealthy family, I am not sure if her relatives could afford to buy her a tiara the way Bob Miller could afford one for his daughter (tiaras arent' exactly aN average costly jewel I guess).
They could pick one up at auction for around $40,000 Not a bad price

Old 03-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

I've been looking on the family of Tatiana, I have found that Boris was born in 1978, Tatiana in 1980 (This is true, it was in delete facebook) and her sister is less than Tatiana, in conclusion, the father´s Tatiana died in 1986.Thanks GRspecialforces by specify, .. Igor, I think that is about 40 years for photos and information I've found him, I think that he would be Tatiana's brother from a previous marriage of his father ...

Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Tatiana's parents were never married - she's illegitimate. That's probably the reason she refused to discuss her family during the interviews (I read the direct quote was that she "did not want to discuss my personal life."). Tatiana's father was only married once and was not divorced from his wife when she and her brother were born.

I don't see any reason to be ashamed of it or hide it but I guess that she feels differently.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

I can not say this, they have the surname of their father and they are baptized by the Catholic Church ... I have read that he was married in 1969 with a woman from a wealthy family .. If the father was Catholic and married Catholic, if he subsequently divorced,, he could not marry with the Tatiana´s mother by the catholic(Except if he had obtained Vatican annulment of his first marry), They (the parents) could being married civilly....I don´t know it.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Gentry

yes beltraneja, you're welcome! it was 1986 and tatiana is 30 year old now, so she was born in 1980. another woman here believes tatiana is older and sent me an ironic message to tell me i'm an "authority" on nicolas and tatiana. but the truth came out now. and if you think about it, this girl looks so young and if she wasn't 30, she would be less, of course. lol

with respect,
gregory
Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

I have no doubts of her age, because she put it on her facebook and becuase she told to the journalist her age at the press conference.the mother was born in 1954...
A picture of mother in a party in New York:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4...lembourg08.jpg

Tatiana is like her mother.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Nobility

She is posible that speak four Languages
Spanish, German, French, English......
Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful set of engagement photos. This couple is so handsome! I hope they will be very happy.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

The Blanik family had residences o mansions in four countries, in Brazil, in Venezuela, in Miami and in Gstaad....
She studied in Swizerland..., lived in Venezuela and mother´s family is German, is possible that she speaks the german, spanish, french and english and she studies greek..
Old 03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
The Blanik family had residences o mansions in four countries, in Brazil, in Venezuela, in Miami and in Gstaad....
She studied in Swizerland..., lived in Venezuela and mother´s family is German, is possible that she speaks the german, spanish, french and english and she studies greek..
I know that she was able to say "it's my secret" in Greek when asked about her dress during the press conference, so hopefully, she is studying the Greek language.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Gentry

sgl is right, tatiana managed to say "einai to mystiko mou" very clear. i heard it myself, she's very cute and generally most people here like her a lot. the perfect woman for nicolas.

gregory
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

It was true, she was able to say "it's my secret" and she knew say "I love you" in greek....,She admitted that she knew little Greek and she was studying it...
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
Tatiana's parents were never married - she's illegitimate. That's probably the reason she refused to discuss her family during the interviews (I read the direct quote was that she "did not want to discuss my personal life."). Tatiana's father was only married once and was not divorced from his wife when she and her brother were born.

I don't see any reason to be ashamed of it or hide it but I guess that she feels differently.
Not that it matters but in her ancestral family tree shows her and Boris as the only children and only list her mother and her ancestors. Nothing on the father's side.
The reality is that Nikolaos and her live the perfect romance for 6 years now and they look so suited for each other and very much in love.
The fact that King Constantine approved of the union is a very happy outcome of this love story. Wish them many years of happiness.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Gentry

hehe, Odette did you watch the interview? Constantine not only approved the love story he also made a joke with nicolas and pavlos. anyone want to hear it?

gregory
Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
hehe, Odette did you watch the interview? Constantine not only approved the love story he also made a joke with nicolas and pavlos. anyone want to hear it?

gregory
Yes I saw it and I was moved when the King took her hand and kissed it.
They all looked so happy. The King told Nikolaos "FINALLY" when the young couple announced their engagement.
However I did not see Pavlos anywhere or heard anything more than that he will be "koumbaros" "Best man" for the couple on their wedding day along with a few others who will hold the crowns above the couple's heads.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Yes I saw it and I was moved when the King took her hand and kissed it.
They all looked so happy. The King told Nikolaos "FINALLY" when the young couple announced their engagement.
However I did not see Pavlos anywhere or heard anything more than that he will be "koumbaros" "Best man" for the couple on their wedding day along with a few others who will hold the crowns above the couple's heads.
sure, you're right. pavlos was not present. i mean the joke the ex-king made after the main interview. well, briefly here: when nicolas announced it to his father, constantine asked him if anyone else knew it. nicolas said he also told pavlos. then the ex-king said to him: "now call pavlos and tell him not to tell anyone, because the girl might say no and then we will all be humiliated!" (na min ginoume rezili!) i liked it because it came a bit unexpected to me. i didn't know the ex-king is humorous, you know, i would expect him more serious etc.

greetings,
gregory
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

I'll add some more of Tatiana's father, he liked cars and some of his businesses was of this.He participated in rallyes
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a..._G/ferrary.jpg
He is the father of Tatiana....Wiht his car in 1959
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
sure, you're right. pavlos was not present. i mean the joke the ex-king made after the main interview. well, briefly here: when nicolas announced it to his father, constantine asked him if anyone else knew it. nicolas said he also told pavlos. then the ex-king said to him: "now call pavlos and tell him not to tell anyone, because the girl might say no and then we will all be humiliated!" (na min ginoume rezili!) i liked it because it came a bit unexpected to me. i didn't know the ex-king is humorous, you know, i would expect him more serious etc.

greetings,
gregory
I missed that one by a mile. I saw the King in interviews over the years and he is a very down to earth gentleman. Once he was relaying an incident of him and Prince Philip on a ship during a Regatta and the story was told with all its peppered comments from both the Prince and the King.
I am expecting to see where is the wedding going to take place. At the Mitropolis or some small Church elsewhere.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I am expecting to see where is the wedding going to take place. At the Mitropolis or some small Church elsewhere.
I found out a Greek site claiming that friends of Nikolaos proposed as a place the small island of Dskaleio next to Poros island, since Nikolaos is a friend with a Greek bussinessman who has a hotel there so they could easily held a banquet there after the wedding. I don't know if it is accurate.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Gentry

i don't know if it's true but i also suspected they will chose peloponese. i don't know why it's only a feeling i have. and if you think about it, nicolas and his parents like to come here every summer right? not here in patra but certainly in porto heli or ermioni. poros or ermioni sound very nice for a wedding in summer.

gregory

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik