Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
July can be very hot in Greece and if you are not accustomed in the climate it might bother you quite much. My guess is that since they couldn't be sure how hot the weather can be they chose the end of August because the heat is milder then. I believe the GRF didn't want to risk having their guests sweating in their haute couture :D

Of course she can, just because you work for one designer does not mean you cannot wear another designers clothes.

She is not just an employee! As I understand she is a kind of representative (or porte-parole)
When Ines de la Fressange was the image of Chanel, she could wear ONLY Chanel.
I know the Prada boutique Director in Greece, she can wear ONLY Prada!

As a date august is still a very hot month here in Greece and people will still be in vacation most probably but i remember that someone mentioned that Tatiana's birthday was at the end of august. Could they have chosen that date??

My opinion is that the wedding would have to be in the afternoon, to avoid the heat .The date could also have been chosen in consideration of the agenda of the guests.It is true that they talked about this date in the February press conference..

Yay.
I can't wait for this wedding.

I can not open your link
There is no official statement, the website of the Royal House has not published statement about it.

http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/index.cfm

Mayor of the Island of Spestes is the person who said that the wedding will be the day 25 of august, but the Greek royal family has not issued a statement .

I open it, it is in french, it says
"Le mariage du prince Nicolas de Grèce, deuxième fils du roi Constantin et de la reine Anne-Marie de Grèce avec Tatiana Blatnik aura lieu le 25 août 2010 sur l’île de Spetses dans l’archipel des îles Saroniques"
25 août 2010 =25 august.
it says.
Forgive my English translation, it reads:
"The second son of King Constantine and Anne marie of Greece will celebrate his wedding on August 25 on the island of Spetses in the peninsula of Sanoriques"

It doesn´t says 25 september, it says 25 of august but this is said here in this forum, which will be the 25th of August in Spetses but this is not a statement of the Royal House, this is the same as it has been said here.

It is not official, it will be official when the official web of the Royal will say it.

Will they make an official announcement?Because at the last christening the GRF page wrote nothing. Its possible that its considered a very private event or they might announce at the last minute!!

I wonder what the wedding dress will look like, i think it will be ancient greek style!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion is that there will be a statement on the official website, that statement must contain details such as the hour and other details ... and I belive that this deatails can vary, the hour.. .when these details would be definitive, I believe will be issued statement

WOW! Another royal wedding to look forward too! Tatiana is a beautiful woman and I am excited to see her dress and of course other royalty, although not as many will be there this time :(

Tatiana is gorgeous.I am curious to see who will attend!
I wonder what the wedding dress will look like, i think it will be ancient greek style!!!;)

I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if her wedding gown will be like that!

Wow! I'm so happy!
Another royal wedding coming soon, I can't wait for it!:)

The fact that Niko marries Tatiana on August 25th is even mentioned on the TV-channel "RTL" here in Germany. That´s quite impressing because usually the Greek royal family is totally ignored by German TV/TV-channels. The immense interest in Victoria´s wedding seems to change things once in a while.
They even broadcast a small series of historical Netherland-Oranje weddings in the next few weeks.

the weddings sell very much in the magazine, the dress, the guests...the wedding dress..

The wedding will definitely be on August 25th. It's strange because it's Wednesday, and usually royal wedding or christenings were on Saturday or Friday, bu i believe it's because of the guests agenda that is going to be on that day.

Even if they want to keep it small by inviting family only and having it on a Wednesday, you still have the Danish and Spanish royal families coming.

I think small on royal terms, but I still expect to see most royals from around Europe.

Haakon and Mette-Marit married on 25 august 2001.

Ahh yes, well I didn't see that one. ;)

She is not just an employee! As I understand she is a kind of representative (or porte-parole)
When Ines de la Fressange was the image of Chanel, she could wear ONLY Chanel.
I know the Prada boutique Director in Greece, she can wear ONLY Prada!

She can wear what ever she likes.
At the royal wedding she wore, Andrew Gn and Oscar De La Renta.
I think that shows, she can wear what she likes.

so august 25 is official right? it's a nice date for a wedding. and yes, many celebrities or rich people in the recent years prefer to marry in weekdays. wednesday,friday etc. it happens very often, so i'm not suprised. now i think someone asked if the tv will show it. if you mean the greek tv, no way. they are not reigning royals here.;)

gregory

Just because they are not reigning royals, it's not going to be broadcast?
It's happening in Greece, surely there will be some coverage.

Just because they are not reigning royals, it's not going to be broadcast?
It's happening in Greece, surely there will be some coverage.

Yes i think that some channels will go outside the church and cover the event by reporting about the guests, the groom and the bride but other than that i don't think that we will see the whole wedding.
Of course when prince Pavlos was getting married one channel had coverage from everything that was going on inside and outside the church but Prince Nikolaos wedding is low profile.

Yes i think that some channels will go outside the church and cover the event by reporting about the guests, the groom and the bride but other than that i don't think that we will see the whole wedding.
Of course when prince Pavlos was getting married one channel had coverage from everything that was going on inside and outside the church but Prince Nikolaos wedding is low profile.

Thank you for letting me know. :)
Yes the wedding will be low profile and I wouldn't imagine to see the ceremony, but to find out who is attending the event someone would have to cover the story.

I'm sure that Hello will dedicate an issue to the wedding

i'm sure the magazine life & style will cover everything. and some private channels will send reporters too. but the ceremony? no, i don't think so too, lumutqueen.;)

gregory

Yeah they will, that's what I am looking forward to. :flowers:

Me too, as he is a cousin of the SRF family I'm sure that Hola will cover very well the wedding. And I hope that the cover of the issue goes to Tatiana.

I will post the link to the magazine, so don't worry you will get photos ;) And I suppose that Getty will upload the coverage of the wedding. I can't wait :whistling:

Prince Nikolaos has not made exceptions to the media, as evidenced in february in conference in Athens, the official photos were distributed to all media. I think the wedding will be like the rest of the family wedding.
The recording will be performed into of church by the Real house ,and this could be broadcast live by the media who are on the outside, taking the signal, Media must be accredited. It was with Prince Paul and Princess Alexia and it will be with Prince Nikolaos.The traditional journals monarchical Europe will be present.

Prince Nikolaos arrived in Greece with his beloved Tattiana for a short visit to make the final arrangements for their wedding. The video is in Greek but it mentions their arrival, their guests and that they will also have some vacation while they are here.
Its from Star channel and it was aired last night.

http://www.star.gr/index.php?ID=life_style&Rec_ID=51173

Back
Top Bottom