Christenings of Children of King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandra

Nobility
City
x
Country
Finland

Attachments

• Alexia_Risti_iset.jpg
    Alexia_Risti_iset.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 9,570
  • Alexia_risti_iset_3.jpg
    Alexia_risti_iset_3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,480
  • Alexia_risti_iset_september_20_1965.jpg
    Alexia_risti_iset_september_20_1965.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Alexia_risti_iset2.jpg
    Alexia_risti_iset2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,049
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 6:18 am
How old was the queen?
aane-marie was born in 1946 and alexia was born in 1965, therefore she must have been 19 years old

betina

I remember ,when Princess Alexia was borned ,ArmyCannons fired,the ships at the harbor were honkining,the mayor ordered fire crackers on the sky,there was a party at home with my favored pie,no punishment,and my father repaired my little baby car(at last)grand mother money for my deposits and cinema,mother bought me baby diving glasses (just to see how my father catches the fish, first before him)My sister COULDN'T TALK because she was a few months old,so I was happy :woot: :woot:

When Alexia was baptised, there was a family concetration at a fish restaurant by the seashore!I must have picked my first million drachmas :innocent: :lol: Everybody was joking and laughing saying how beautiful the little Princes will be(and they were right)!The only problem was,that my sister has opened her mouth and never shut it again Ever!! :lol:

Last edited:
Really no photos???
I have seen many photos of Alexia's and Theodora's christening.
Does anyone have photos of the christenings of Pavlos, Nikolaos and Phillippos???
Julia

Last edited:
I only know of one for him and it's at Corbis. Diana and the other godparents are on the steps of the church after the ceremony. There is at least one photo of Alexia's christening, too. Anne Marie and Ingrid are both wearing tons of jewels and Alexia is on a blue cushion.

I found another one of Phillippos

Attachments

• Taufe Phillippos.JPe
    Taufe Phillippos.JPe
    39.2 KB · Views: 914
... here are a few more from Phillippos christening in July 1986 ...

Source: Ihola magazine

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2,409
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 985
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 5,760
alexias christing the only one in greece i think of the siblings

No, I believe Pavlos was christened in Greece as well.

I haven't found anything connected to the christenings of Princes Pavlos and Nikolaos and Princess Theodora... if anybody had info and pictures of their christenings, birth and godparents, and could post it in this thread it would be great. It would be interesting to gather in this thread the info connected to the christenings of the other members of the royal family, I mean princess Alexia, princess Maria Olympia, etc

Thanks to all of you:)

Alexias Christening

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Alexias Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Attachments

• A ristiäiset.jpg
    A ristiäiset.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 869
  • Alecia ristiäi Christening A.jpg
    Alecia ristiäi Christening A.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Alexia ristiäiset2.jpg
    Alexia ristiäiset2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 805
  • Alexia ristiäiset 55.jpg
    Alexia ristiäiset 55.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 831
  • Alexia ristiäiset christening.jpg
    Alexia ristiäiset christening.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 4,025
  • Alexia Ristiäiset.jpg
    Alexia Ristiäiset.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 708
  • Alexian ristiäiset.jpg
    Alexian ristiäiset.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,456
  • Princess Alexia of Greece with Her Proud Parents.jpg
    Princess Alexia of Greece with Her Proud Parents.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Paul 1967.jpg
    Paul 1967.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 913
  • Paul  christening 2.jpg
    Paul christening 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,006
Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Pauls Christening.
(Corbis, I think)

Attachments

• Paul ristiäiset 2.jpg
    Paul ristiäiset 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,735
  • Paul ristiäiset Little Alexia.jpg
    Paul ristiäiset Little Alexia.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,386
  • Paul ristiäiset Polfoto 01-05-1967.jpg
    Paul ristiäiset Polfoto 01-05-1967.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,515
  • Paul ristiäiset.jpg
    Paul ristiäiset.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,820
  • With children.jpg
    With children.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,454
You can find some info in the following thread called Royal Babies regarding the Christening of some of ex-Greek royals.

Royal Babies (Posts 72 Konstantine, 73 Alexia, 74 Pavlos, 75 Nikolaos, 76 Theodora, 77 Phillippos)

Alexandra, thanks for all of the photos you've posted here because they are fantastic!!! Most of them I've seen them for the first time.

Is it possible for anybody to post more photos about the christenings? What about the info of the christenings? I mean, the date of birth and christening, the godparents... I would appreciate it if it could be posted in this thread, so we don't need to look for the info in other threads.

igilmo said:
Alexandra, thanks for all of the photos you've posted here because they are fantastic!!! Most of them I've seen them for the first time.

Is it possible for anybody to post more photos about the christenings? What about the info of the christenings? I mean, the date of birth and christening, the godparents... I would appreciate it if it could be posted in this thread, so we don't need to look for the info in other threads.

Sorry to disappoint you, but with our decreasing bandwidth, existing pictures and information will not be reposted in this thread. You could use the search function to locate all the many Greek christening threads and link them back to this thread. Remember, we are not here to spoonfeed you.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

alexia

This photo is from p.Alexia's christening, (1965). Next to queen Anne Marie, is her father,i guess.

This photo is from p.Alexia's christening, (1965). Next to queen Anne Marie, is her father,i guess.

I think it's lovely to see Queen Sofia of Spain with King Juan Carlos. Sofia is holding Cristina and Juan Carlos has Elena by the hand its very sweet.

EOA-HeNAA -
Here's a link to Pavlos christening I found recently. It is only in Greek but an interesting footage anyway

Very good link!
I have never seen it...
and I had never thought that Pavlos was christened on the day Apostle Pavlos/Paul has his name day....indeed!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing ...The Queen was not 20 years old.
I wonder what the King and the Queen of Denmark were thinking about Queen Frederika's attitude during this Baptism ?

Reactions: eya
Queen Fedrerika is the godmother of Princess Alexia. In this Orthodox ritual, parents do not touch the girl during the ceremony, is the godmother who takes in her arms the girl..

Wow, the public reaction to the christening was really intense. Didn't feel fake or staged either - baby Pavlos must have been a huge symbol of hope at that time...

Back
Top Bottom