Old 11-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Greek Royals gather for little Carlos's christening
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ekchristening/

Old 11-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Great pics!

I'm assuming that little Carlos was baptized in the Greek Orthodox faith (just from looking at the pics and seeing the garments that the priests are wearing)? Another question....did Carlos (the father) join the Orthodox faith or did he stay his original faith (which I'm assuming is Catholic, but I could be wrong).

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 11-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Nothing's ever been said about Carlos Snr converting, so I guess he remained Catholic.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Great pics!

I'm assuming that little Carlos was baptized in the Greek Orthodox faith (just from looking at the pics and seeing the garments that the priests are wearing)? Another question....did Carlos (the father) join the Orthodox faith or did he stay his original faith (which I'm assuming is Catholic, but I could be wrong).
Baby Carlos was baptised in a Roman Catholic ceremony in a Roman Catholic church, there was an Orthodox priest there as well. Look carefully at the pictures and you'll see the Orthodox priest arriving, dressed in black. Then at the door of the church you can see the Catholic priest wearing gold coloured vestments.

The small blue and white ribbons the guests wore also had something to do with Greece.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Baby Carlos was baptised in a Roman Catholic ceremony in a Roman Catholic church, there was an Orthodox priest there as well. Look carefully at the pictures and you'll see the Orthodox priest arriving, dressed in black. Then at the door of the church you can see the Catholic priest wearing gold coloured vestments.

The small blue and white ribbons the guests wore also had something to do with Greece.
The baby was baptized by the orthodox rite, the same Alexia explained the ceremony to the journalists after the baptism. Carlos has had 6 godfathers, and as the catholic rite only two are had. The church is catholic, but the parson will have given them permission to celebrate there the ceremony, since I do not believe that in Lanzarote there is an orthodox church, there must be very few ones in Spain.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Nobility

Queen Sofia looks great. Was the batism of Carlos before her tripto New York?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, she attended the baptism and then left for New York. She looked wonderful at the baptism as well as in NYC.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Wonderful family photos in greek Life&Style magazine!

Maybe somebody can transfer the photos from Alex B´s. Miller Sisters Message board or directly from greek version of Life&Style magazine.
The magazine has some wonderful new photos of Alexia and her little family and also a new group photo of the whole greek royal family. I think the photos were made in connection with the baptism.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Maybe somebody can transfer the photos from Alex B´s. Miller Sisters Message board or directly from greek version of Life&Style magazine.
The magazine has some wonderful new photos of Alexia and her little family and also a new group photo of the whole greek royal family. I think the photos were made in connection with the baptism.
thanks for the notice, stefanie!

here are the photos & article (if anyone can understand)

Greek Life&Style Magazine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t60exofillo.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	218255   Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover-hp.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	218256   Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover1.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	218257   Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover2.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	218258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover3.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	218259   Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover4.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	218260   Click image for larger version

Name:	t60cover5.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	218261  
Old 12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Beautiful pictures! I love how the whole family gets togther for events. Not a lot of royal families do that- there's usually a few people absent. Princess Alexia and her family look wonderful, and I think PA has what we Americans call "Farah hair" meaning the 70's look of a certain celeb icon. :)
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

awwwwwww! He and his sisters is soooo cute!!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

i love in particular the one with the children laying around the grass....
that is so cute..
both arrieta & anna-maria are getting cuter each year.
while, pavlos & mc's children are already cute already...

can we get bigger version?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Those Morales children are just gorgeous! They have the prettiest eyes, just like their parents.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

My god the next generation of the family is going to be gorgeous (they are already), look at the Borbon kids (Felipe, Elena & Cristina's kids) and Pavlos & Alexia's children are beautiful as well :)

Two things: the Spanish Royal Women looked superb (as usual) and don't you think that Prince Nikolaos looks a little bit like Chris Noth (the american actor who played the role of Mr Big on Sex and the City)...
Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Nobility

I haven't seen these pics!
So cutee AWWW
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful family! I love the Greek royal family and also the Infantas of Spain and their children.