Christening of Amelia Morales 7th June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is for the christening of Amelia Morales.
Posts discussing Philippos and possible girlfriend have been moved to the appropriate thread, here.

Warren
GRF moderator

Last edited:
Princess Alexia looked lovely. She was always pretty, but also she is one of those rare women that become more beautiful with age.:flowers:

She could pass for Sofia's twin! They should put the girls side by side to show them off, they could be sisters!

The girls are second cousins, right? It's eerie how similar they look...and Alexia has lost so much weight! She looks beautiful. Nice to see all the family in attendance.

Are there anywhere the names of the godparents announced?

It looks like Alexia's other girls have got the same dresses on as Marguarita Armstrong-Jones wore at the wedding of Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly. They look lovely.

4 children are orthodox. In Lanzarote there is no orthodox church, there are few in Spain,and because of it they ask for permission for celebrate the orthodox ceremony in a catholic church.
Thank you Lula. The photos are great and I am very happy with the clarification. Being a Greek Orthodox I know that I could not baptise a Greek Orthodox child in a Catholic Church but being a royal, Princess Alexia got a special permission and all is well. Beautiful family. Did they have any photos inside the Church? I would be very interested to see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the beautiful pics, prince Paul and his wife i have n't seen, vacation perhaps?

Pavlos and MC are only weeks away from the birth of their fifth child.

Video from ABC Las infantas Elena y Cristina de bautizo - videos.abc.es

Are there anywhere the names of the godparents announced?

Sus padrinos fueron el hermano mayor de Carlos Morales, Miguel Ángel Morales; el príncipe Philippos de Grecia; Luz Hernández, una amiga tinerfeña de la pareja; Alexandra; también ejercieron de padrinos una pareja con la que mantienen los progenitores una muy buena relación y que conocieron en su luna de miel y Dola, amiga de la familia desde hace muchos años.

His godparents were the older brother of Carlos Morales, Miguel Angel Morales; Prince Philippos of Greece; Luz Hernandez, a friend of the couple from Tenerife; Alexandra; sponsorship also brought a couple with the parents who have a very good relationship and that knew in his honeymoon and Dola, family friend for many years.

..::Crónicas de Lanzarote::..

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know who are all the godparents of the 8 grandchildren of King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie's???

Why Alexia's children do not hold any royal titles???

Information on the godparents of the other grandchildren of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie can be found in the baptism threads of each child.

Alexia's children carry no title as their father is not titled.

Very nice event!
Alexia looks wonderful --- she has lost weight - what a difference from the photos of her at Joachim & Marie's wedding.
Elena and Cristina look great too - too bad Elena's kids weren't there.

Did Felipe and Letizia attend?

I don't think so or at least I didn't see them. Alexia does look gorgeous! How cute is Amelia and her siblings!

What a beautiful occasion and what a beautiful family! Thanks so much for all the lovely photos.

who is Alexandra of Danemark? no fotos?
Thanks

Thanks
HH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth is a daughter of HSH Prince Richard of SWB and HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark sister of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece. She is Godmother of Amelia.
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She is on the second photo walking with her husband ..::Crónicas de Lanzarote::..
here behind Philippos Canarias 7. Contenidos multimedia: GalerÃ*as de fotos: Bautizo de la cuarta hija de la princesa Alexia de Grecia y el arquitecto canario Carlos Morales

Last edited:
Thanks

Her title really isn't Alexandra of Denmark; it's Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. She's the daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark, the sister of Queen Margrethe. Princess Alexandra is not in line to the Danish throne, therefore she isn't a princess of Denmark.

What a cute little girl Amelia is! (On that one photo few days after her birth she looked really ugly IMO but that was obviously just a clumsy snapshot) Pity that they in the end have obviously decided to have indeed no fifth one. They have so beautiful looking children and you could look forward on and on whishing them to have one after another just to see how cute a next one might look. Alexia IMO looks of her best at that christening. I always have to admire her that she manages to come in shape so fast since I always thought she´d gain a lot of weight after all that births.

Alexia´s and Carlos´children are absolutely gorgeous. I saw a picture of Amelia with her Mother and it seems like she is blue-eyed like Arrietta. But I am not sure.

Does anyone know who are all the godparents of the 8 grandchildren of King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie's???

Why Alexia's children do not hold any royal titles???

For a quick reference of the godparents of the other royal grandchildren go here to the royal babies section in Monthly newsletters section of the Royal Forums. The thread was closed awhile back but I believe they have up to Carlo's christening. You do have to read through most of the other christenings in the thread but I kind of like that aspect. Most of the christenings also contain links to the thread of the particular child.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f52/royal-babies-5444.html

Teodora was magnificent.
Queen Ana Maria and Tatiana were very elegant
Princess Alexia and Elena were gorgeous.

I loved what Theodora was wearing. Alexia herself was lovely as were her children.

Who are the godparents? Prince Phillopos is one and Elena, I assume but who else?

The children were all so cute, especially Irene holding on to her mommy's leg. Thanks for all the pics and videos.

Back
Top Bottom