50th anniversary of the death of King Paul I of Greece: March 2014.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those marvelous pictures. Amongst the sadness and respect for King Paul, there was also the joy of the families reuniting. The children of Pavlos and MC were thre right touch of the continuity of life.
As a Catholic I find it wonderful that they do not forget their dead, even after so long.

Someone previously posted that Felipe and his sister, Cristina, seemed to purposely stand apart and have no interaction. The video clearly shows that they did interact. I'm sure it was a challenging day for them. Very sad.

BTW, too bad that Alexia's husband, Carlos, and their children didn't attend. :(

Strangely nobody participated from the Romanian and Italian Royal Families.

Someone previously posted that Felipe and his sister, Cristina, seemed to purposely stand apart and have no interaction. The video clearly shows that they did interact. I'm sure it was a challenging day for them. Very sad.

BTW, too bad that Alexia's husband, Carlos, and their children didn't attend. :(

They did interact, drove in the same car, Felipe smiled at his sister, MC praised Cristina as 'one of her fav spaniards' apart from Elena.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.

Many thanks for sharing photos and links.
It is really great seeing all the family together in Greece to commemorate the anniversary of King Pavlos's death.

They did interact, drove in the same car, Felipe smiled at his sister, MC praised Cristina as 'one of her fav spaniards' apart from Elena.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.

I kind of agree with it :ermm:

Maybe Letizia just has to dress her daughters in Marie Chantals designs :whistling: :lol:

I have to say, I find the former GRF a bit obnoxious.

The only thing missing were the children of Princess Alexia IMO.

:previous: And I was a little hesitant as to why Infantas Leonor and Sofia weren't in attendance either. I know that they would need to take time off school to attend the Mass and other events in connection with the 50th anniversary of King Paul's death, but they are his great-grandchildren, and Marie Chantal's children were in attendance and they would've had to have taken time off school too. Perhaps Pavlos and Marie Chantal are a little more relaxed about these sorts of things than Felipe and Letizia.

The Royals went to dine at the Thea Restaurant in the gardens of the Tatoi Palace after the Mass:

One ~ Two ~ Three ~ Four ~ Five ~ Six

And a photo from Marie Chantal's Instagram of the family together (somebody is getting a little too comfortable in the middle there! :D):

Photo

The other 10 great-grandchildren of King Paul were not present.

Pavlos and Marie Chantal are private persons, and they can do with their children what they want, if school rules allow it.

Infanta Leonor and Sofia can not stop going to school when their parents want. They must follow the rules, because they would be a bad example and would be criticized. And such absences should occur only in very exceptional circumstances. As yet they have never left school to attend an event.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.[/QUOTE]

Strangely, I get the exact same impression.

Also I am not surprised that MC was so effusive about Cristina. Not long ago her husband Pavlos was quite vociferous in defending his cousin, saying her life in Barcelona had turned to hell. There was an irritated, accusatory edge to his statements in fact.

And it was not directed at Cristina.:cool:

Just from looking at the pictures I would have to agree with you. Things look awkward for her.

I guess Pavlos' children are their because they're the direct heirs to King Paul; Alexia's are as well but her kids are not in the direct "line of succession".

Constantine looks very frail! I first noticed a couple of years ago how rapidly he has declined.:ohmy:

Constantin did not only lose his father, but also his father's kingdom. It must be very tough on him realising whats become of the family, Tatoi palace locked up and wasting away.

Agree, it must be a heavy burden to know he lost the kingdom.

I wasn't suggesting or agreeing that Felipe was estranged from his sister, Cristina. I was just attempting to point out and negate the views of a previous poster who said that it looked as if they purposely stood apart. I don't agree with that point of view and was attempting to make a point.

Constantin did not only lose his father, but also his father's kingdom. It must be very tough on him realising whats become of the family, Tatoi palace locked up and wasting away.

Yes, when viewed from that angle it must have been a very painful visit indeed.:sad:

I am not sure if I remember correctly but I think Tatoi was the GRF's summer palace for years. Constantine no doubt has happy memories of playing there as a child.

It must indeed be very painful to visit Tatoi. From the photos I saw, it looked a bit like a ghost house.

Does anybody know what's the real state of it? Isn't the royal family allowed to go inside the house?

I think to the King Constantine, it was very emotional, the day before at the premiere, he made a speech about it, he shed many tears when he spoke, but did not stop, and said he had liked story (documentary).... because it reflects, what had been his father "a good person"..
Prince Nicholas tried to distract his father to he would not was sad, speaking about the time ....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--3lgOaOsAck/UxjOW83rWCI/AAAAAAAAC9k/hNmS1OVDNxc/s1600/llover.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k3LFz5ucq...c/Qug37RW0OJA/s1600/constantino+de+grecia.jpg

Last edited:
The King crying was a heartbreaking scene, I almost cried seeing the pictures. It's amazing how supportive of him Queen Anne-Marie always looks. Her Majesty is a great consort.

They live in their bubble, their own worldview and values ​​... I doubt that the own Cristina or Queen Sofia are aware of the real consequences of their actions. For two years Iñaki and Cristina have played the role of victims, innocent, deluded ... without admitting any mistakes and acting arrogantly. Queen Sofía has protected them. So I can imagine what Pavlos or Marie Chantal know of this story. Maybe when Urdangarin is sentenced they will realize ... or maybe then htey will blame him and keep apologizing for poor Cristina. :whistling:

Well, living in their own world or not, P & MC must also have read in the press that Inaki embazzled a lot of money. And most people do not like frauds. Perhaps they have the view of 'love the sinner but not the sin'? Still, posting 'fun' pictures of Cristina enjoying herself at instagram isn't a smart thing to do and the message is obvious. Of course MC has no responsibility towards the Spanish public, but still... it isn't really helping. I am sure that MC will read the acid comments that are posted in reaction to the picture on her instagram account. It is far too soon for any rehabilitation of Cristina. First the trial needs to end and she and her husband need to pay their dues.

Maybe when Urdangarin is sentenced they will realize ... or maybe then htey will blame him and keep apologizing for poor Cristina

That is the most likely scenario IMO. I am sure that Inaki's relatives will do it the other way around though.

Last edited:

Indeed it all unraveled within a few years for King Constantine II after his fathers death,its such a shame that Tatoi palace is in such a sorry state.

Felipe smiled at Cristina ? Which picture ? There was a picture of Cristina smiling at her brother in the car, but the last 2 years Cristina had been smiling or laughing sometimes in public for no reasons.

Cristina is Pavlos's first cousin, Letizia is wife of his cousin, what is there to compare ? Also the last 10 years, the Greek family no longer came to Mallorca in the summer as before, the two family haven't spent that much time together since it reported that Juan Carlos has some issues on the Greek family (in business), so Letizia probably doesn't know them that well.

You can see them interacting on video, looking friendly towards each other, Felipe didnt make a point to go out of Cristinas way, he could have done so but he didnt position himself on the opposite end. This was the greek siblings' show and Felipe did not cause a stir and overshadow this event with family problems.

The greek state owns Tatoi after paying some compensation to Constantine. Since then it has been locked up, there were plans to turn it into a museum but there is no money to proceed, so the state wants to sell it.

El Jueves created their own selfie of the event :p
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h..._real_620x551.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Oi70ORcfT-.jpg

All the videos I saw, Felipe and Cristina had avoided to talk to each other, I haven't seen any interaction between them even when they were close enough. Anyway, I don't see the reason they had to be mean to each other either, they are still brother and sister.

Video:
El principe Felipe se reencuentra en público con su hermana Cristina

Instead of sitting with her mom and sister Elena on the front row, Cristina already sat by herself the previous night on the other end, the Asturias were not even there.

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...CTOS_DE_HOME-ES-131666/20140305_grecia_01.jpg

In this blog you can see the family photo after lunch. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia had to leave after the ceremony, so impossible they appeared in "selfies".

Royal Musings: Remembering King Paul

There is a moment in which Prince Felipe is talking to Philippos and Tatiana, and Cristina is circumstantially in the middle, but nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom