The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for those marvelous pictures. Amongst the sadness and respect for King Paul, there was also the joy of the families reuniting. The children of Pavlos and MC were thre right touch of the continuity of life.
As a Catholic I find it wonderful that they do not forget their dead, even after so long.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Courtier

Thank you - these are priceless! Prince Philippos is such a beautiful guy! .@olympiagreece | Greek selfie | Webstagram

It must be real fun to be part of such a family!
Here are other gorgeous ones from facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8014538&type=1

Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Someone previously posted that Felipe and his sister, Cristina, seemed to purposely stand apart and have no interaction. The video clearly shows that they did interact. I'm sure it was a challenging day for them. Very sad.

BTW, too bad that Alexia's husband, Carlos, and their children didn't attend. :(
Old 03-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Strangely nobody participated from the Romanian and Italian Royal Families.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Someone previously posted that Felipe and his sister, Cristina, seemed to purposely stand apart and have no interaction. The video clearly shows that they did interact. I'm sure it was a challenging day for them. Very sad.

BTW, too bad that Alexia's husband, Carlos, and their children didn't attend. :(
They did interact, drove in the same car, Felipe smiled at his sister, MC praised Cristina as 'one of her fav spaniards' apart from Elena.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Many thanks for sharing photos and links.
It is really great seeing all the family together in Greece to commemorate the anniversary of King Pavlos's death.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They did interact, drove in the same car, Felipe smiled at his sister, MC praised Cristina as 'one of her fav spaniards' apart from Elena.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.
I kind of agree with it

Maybe Letizia just has to dress her daughters in Marie Chantals designs

I have to say, I find the former GRF a bit obnoxious.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The only thing missing were the children of Princess Alexia IMO.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

And I was a little hesitant as to why Infantas Leonor and Sofia weren't in attendance either. I know that they would need to take time off school to attend the Mass and other events in connection with the 50th anniversary of King Paul's death, but they are his great-grandchildren, and Marie Chantal's children were in attendance and they would've had to have taken time off school too. Perhaps Pavlos and Marie Chantal are a little more relaxed about these sorts of things than Felipe and Letizia.

The Royals went to dine at the Thea Restaurant in the gardens of the Tatoi Palace after the Mass:

One ~ Two ~ Three ~ Four ~ Five ~ Six

And a photo from Marie Chantal's Instagram of the family together (somebody is getting a little too comfortable in the middle there! ):

Photo
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

The other 10 great-grandchildren of King Paul were not present.

Pavlos and Marie Chantal are private persons, and they can do with their children what they want, if school rules allow it.

Infanta Leonor and Sofia can not stop going to school when their parents want. They must follow the rules, because they would be a bad example and would be criticized. And such absences should occur only in very exceptional circumstances. As yet they have never left school to attend an event.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Duke of Marmalade;1646705]They did interact, drove in the same car, Felipe smiled at his sister, MC praised Cristina as 'one of her fav spaniards' apart from Elena.

When judging the family dynamics from this event and in general, I rather have the impression that the outsider still is Letizia and not Cristina.[/QUOTE]

Strangely, I get the exact same impression.

Also I am not surprised that MC was so effusive about Cristina. Not long ago her husband Pavlos was quite vociferous in defending his cousin, saying her life in Barcelona had turned to hell. There was an irritated, accusatory edge to his statements in fact.

And it was not directed at Cristina.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Just from looking at the pictures I would have to agree with you. Things look awkward for her.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess Pavlos' children are their because they're the direct heirs to King Paul; Alexia's are as well but her kids are not in the direct "line of succession".
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Okay, this one made me sad

http://blogg.tv2.no/kongebloggen/fil...ly_3240083.jpg

Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Constantine looks very frail! I first noticed a couple of years ago how rapidly he has declined.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frstin Taxis View Post
Constantin did not only lose his father, but also his father's kingdom. It must be very tough on him realising whats become of the family, Tatoi palace locked up and wasting away.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Constantin did not only lose his father, but also his father's kingdom. It must be very tough on him realising whats become of the family, Tatoi palace locked up and wasting away.
Agree, it must be a heavy burden to know he lost the kingdom.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I wasn't suggesting or agreeing that Felipe was estranged from his sister, Cristina. I was just attempting to point out and negate the views of a previous poster who said that it looked as if they purposely stood apart. I don't agree with that point of view and was attempting to make a point.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, when viewed from that angle it must have been a very painful visit indeed.

I am not sure if I remember correctly but I think Tatoi was the GRF's summer palace for years. Constantine no doubt has happy memories of playing there as a child.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Another large gallery can also be found here:

** pp: Paul de Grce : Hommage mu de toute la famille royale, souvenirs, joie, selfies **

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown prince pavlos, crown princess letizia, crown princess marie chantal, greece, infanta cristina, infanta elena, king constantine ii, king paul, memorial, prince nikolaos, princess alexia, princess irene (1942 -), princess tatiana of greece, princess theodora, queen anne-marie, queen sofia, royal family of greece