The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Gentry

Theodora doesn't have black hair ? Did HRH prince Phillip attend ? Or king Pauls nephews , HM king michael, or HRH the duke of Aosta. Or HRH the crown prince Alexander or Princess Katherine's son , Paul brandham( I think that's his name )?

Ok I see Cp Alexander

Awesome . I hope they will make it available for the public

Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nice that so many members of the extended Greek RF attended.

I spotted the Margrave and Margravine of Baden, CP Alexander and CPss Katherine of Serbia, Prince Michel and his wife Marina as well. Is Pss Margarita of Roumania expected too? A pity that the king of Spain couldn't make it to his father-in-laws memorial. Did princess Alexia's husband attend the event?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal has 2 pictures of her sons with the poster of King Paul. She remarks on the resemblance between the boys and their great grandfather.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pavlos with Achileas and Alexios, from Olympia's instagram
.@olympiagreece | Father and sons @achigreece @alexiosgreece | Webstagram

From Marie Chantal's

http://web.stagram.com/p/669573283701635827_34787093 Is this the photo you're talking about, dbarn67?

http://web.stagram.com/p/669505949788060021_34787093
Old 03-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just dont get this. Why hold a "memorial" service for someone who died 50 years ago?

Or is it a covert golden jubilee service?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^Why not? People like to remember family members who died, specially if it's their father. The anniversary of a death is a good day to reunite the family and remember a dear family member who is no longer with us. Many families do that: reunite for a mass/memorial service for deceased family members. Of course, when your father was the King, things are bigger: there is documentaries, etc, etc. Normal. The fact that he died 50 years ago doesn't make any difference.

EDIT:
Vassilis Koutsavlis ‏@royalobserverGR 5h
Princess Alexandra of Hanover, daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco is in Athens according to some media for the King Paul doc.

Has anyone see her there? Why would she be there, is she related to King Paul?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Princess Alexandra of Hanover, daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco is in Athens according to some media for the King Paul doc.

If I recall correctly, King Paul's consort, Queen Frederika, was a Princess of Hanover by birth. Maybe Princess Alexandra is representing the Hanoverian Royal Family.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, that's it exactly. Thanks for posting as copying seems to be blocked for IPad.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery from yesterday:

** ppe gallery **
Old 03-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
^^
EDIT:
Vassilis Koutsavlis ‏@royalobserverGR 5h

Coulkd also be a mistake, There are 2 other Princesses Alexandra of Hannover who are closer related to King Paul. The widow of his brother-in-law Prince Welf, and his niece Alexamdra, Fürstin zu Leiningen, the sister of Prince Ernst August.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Religious service in Tatoi

@danielgportet

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiCdgXxIQAASin7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiCePT4IEAAltcE.jpg

TRIBUTE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DEATH OF KING PAVLOS OF GREECE

030614 Tribute 50th anniversary of the death of King Pavlos of Greece - Images | jose p. gegundez | photographer

Photos europapress

Fotografía LA FOTO MÁS BUSCADA: EL REENCUENTRO PÚBLICO DE FELIPE Y LETIZIA CON CRISTINA 3499 Europapress - Chance

Hola

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...l-rey-pablo/1/
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

La Reina asiste con sus hijas, sus hermanos y sus sobrinos a la proyección en Atenas de un documental sobre su padre

Bekia

Las Infantas Elena y Cristina acompañan a la Reina Sofía a la proyección del documental sobre el Rey Pablo de Grecia - Bekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Nice that so many members of the extended Greek RF attended.

I spotted the Margrave and Margravine of Baden, CP Alexander and CPss Katherine of Serbia, Prince Michel and his wife Marina as well. Is Pss Margarita of Roumania expected too? A pity that the king of Spain couldn't make it to his father-in-laws memorial. Did princess Alexia's husband attend the event?
Royal watchers must be having a field day with this Royal gathering in Athens.Yes indeed its a pity that King Juan Carlos didn't make it.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The white haired Lady in the group pic next to Crown Prince Alexander could be Princess Alexandra of Hannover, the widow of Prince Welf and sister-in-law of King Pavlos

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Administrator

I don't think that it was possible for Cristina and Felipe to stand further away from each other. I know that her husband is a criminal, but looking at these pictures makes me feel slightly sorry for Cristina, she seems rather lonely and people seem to evade her like the plague.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I don't think that it was possible for Cristina and Felipe to stand further away from each other. I know that her husband is a criminal, but looking at these pictures makes me feel slightly sorry for Cristina, she seems rather lonely and people seem to evade her like the plague.
Yes I noticed that,Infanta Cristina is away from the entire Spanish Royal Family in the group photo outside the church and standing the opposite side with the Greeks.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Your comment is quite rude.

Thanks to the presence of the Spanish royal family, and many Spanish press agencies that follow them, we will have pictures of all the royals who go to these events.

No, it was not - and it was not intended to be an insult against the spanish royals! I was just surprised that only pictures from Queen Sofia and Cristina (with the exception of Prcss Irene) were covered, as this is the Greek´s thread (yes, I know Queen Sofia is just as King Paul´s daughter as King Constantine is his son) and this was about a documentary about a GREEK king in the GREEK capital.
I guess the media sets its priorities on reigning royal houses although they should differ at this particular occasion in my opinion. But the photos we saw at a later stage in this thread are quite sufficient by number and so everyone should be satisfied...
So, no need for you to feel annoyed - so your comment and your "anger-smiley" is quite misplaced here!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I don't think its on purpose. Queen Sofia would never sideline her daughter like this. Its rather that Cristina has always been close to her greek cousin, therefore it makes sense that she is standing nearby.

Cristina and the Asturias made it on the same pictures:
Tribute 50th anniversary of the death of King Pavlos of Greece (Paul) | jose p. gegundez | photographer
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiCdgXxIQAASin7.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...enterio4-a.jpg

and guess what, they even shared (had to?) a car:
http://i.imgur.com/OQv8wr5.jpg
http://img2.europapress.net/fotoweb/...91_980x805.jpg
doing what they can do so well: keep smiling
Old 03-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Thanks, it seems that king Constantine became emotional. I also noticed King Simeon II in one of the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
I don't think its on purpose. Queen Sofia would never sideline her daughter like this. Its rather that Cristina has always been close to her greek cousin, therefore it makes sense that she is standing nearby.

Cristina and the Asturias made it on the same pictures:
It seems you are correct. Anway, we know what picture will be on the cover of the magazines next week.

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown prince pavlos, crown princess letizia, crown princess marie chantal, greece, infanta cristina, infanta elena, king constantine ii, king paul, memorial, prince nikolaos, princess alexia, princess irene (1942 -), princess tatiana of greece, princess theodora, queen anne-marie, queen sofia, royal family of greece