The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-Feb 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful pics have been released of the family:

On February 9 a photo session has taken place in Obermarkersdorf, near Vienna, Austria:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

And here are some pics of the christening at the Stephansdom Cathedral in Vienna on February 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

I like Pic 2 of February 9, 2012 of how the Duchess of Vendome holds Princess Antoinette so gently and looks down so tenderly at her daughter.
This is a true picture that is worth a thousand words!!!

I love Philimena's white mink coat, sooo beautiful!:whistling:

The Duke of Vendome gave some inner-city youth a tour of the Royal Chapel of St. Louis de Dreux, as the prefect of the Arrondissement of Dreux. Along with his wife, the Duke has already visited six classrooms and wishes to continue to meet young people and discuss their heratige and history of the city with them:

Le duc de Vendôme fait visiter la Chapelle royale de Dreux

Prior to the birth of child number 3 the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme and their kids posed for a family photo session at their home.
Here are some scans from Spanish Corazon:

** Pics 1-3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pics 6&7 **

Prior to the birth of child number 3 the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme and their kids posed for a family photo session at their home.

Picture 5 is my favorite.
The Duchess of Vendome with her children and picture books make a happy setting.
Books are enjoyable.
Children can have fun with their imagination when they are being read to.
:books::books::reading::reading:

What a lovely family-I had no idea that the Duchesse de Vendome was expecting a third child!

It is a lovely family and are happy for the Duchess of Montpensier !

The children are adorable. I'm looking forward to a new photo shoot with their third child when the time comes. I like the last photos in particular.

The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme along with their children Gaston and Antoinette attended the Pentecost Mass presided by Michel Pansart, the Bishop of Chartres:

One ~ Two

Le duc et la duchesse de Vendôme à l’abbaye de Thiron-Gardais

Gaston embracing a dog(pics1-3) that is practically the same size he is...so adorable!:lol:

It looks like it won't be long until the Duchess has her baby....

Lovely photos of an attractive family - I'll be interested in learning more about them.

Via Royal Musings, I stumbled across a short interview with the Duke of Vendôme, which talks about his family, children and his public role. I have translated the interview into English for those of us who can't speak French:

https://translate.google.com/transl...ince-a-l-ecoute-des-autres&edit-text=&act=url

I thought the interview was interesting and I didn't know a lot of the things that were mentioned in it beforehand, such as how Princess Astrid of Belgium is Prince Gaston's godmother and that they're very close to the BRF. I wonder if a member from the BRF will be Princess Louise-Marguerite's godmother when the time comes. I didn't know enough about the Duke of Vendôme to form a sold opinion on him, but now I've decided that I quite like him and feel that even though his family isn't reigning any more, he is still prepared to 'connect' with members of the French public.

Via Royal Musings, I stumbled across a short interview with the Duke of Vendôme, which talks about his family, children and his public role. I have translated the interview into English for those of us who can't speak French:

https://translate.google.com/transl...ince-a-l-ecoute-des-autres&edit-text=&act=url

I thought the interview was interesting and I didn't know a lot of the things that were mentioned in it beforehand, such as how Princess Astrid of Belgium is Prince Gaston's godmother and that they're very close to the BRF. I wonder if a member from the BRF will be Princess Louise-Marguerite's godmother when the time comes. I didn't know enough about the Duke of Vendôme to form a sold opinion on him, but now I've decided that I quite like him and feel that even though his family isn't reigning any more, he is still prepared to 'connect' with members of the French public.

Thank you so much for translating.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

What a lovely children!
It's so gorgeous Gaston and Antoinette with little Louise-Marguerite :wub:
Princess Philomena looks a bit tired :sad:

Thanks iceflower for posting the new photos of all three children! :flowers: Princess Louise-Marguerite is adorable, I love her and Princess Antoinette's dresses. I adore old fashioned dresses like those on little girls. I think my favourite photo is the fourth one, as I love how Princess Antoinette is putting her finger to her lips, as if to tell the others to be quiet as her little sister is sleeping or about to go to sleep. I also like the photo of Prince Gaston and Princess Antoinette in what I assume is Princess Louise-Marguerite's pram, I wonder if that was a case of them wanting to be like their younger sister (I have friends with two daughters and the older daughter often wanted to copy her little sister when they were younger). :D

According to Noblesse & Royautes, little Princess Louise-Marguerite was christened yesterday. Her godparents are Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, The Duke of Luynes, Archduke Michael of Austria and Alvaro de Orleans y Borbon (the site calls him a Prince but I haven't heard of a "Prince Alvaro" in the present day, so am not sure if it is correct which is why I left this out):

Baptême de la princesse Louise-Marguerite

According to Noblesse & Royautes, little Princess Louise-Marguerite was christened yesterday. Her godparents are Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, The Duke of Luynes, Archduke Michael of Austria and Alvaro de Orleans y Borbon (the site calls him a Prince but I haven't heard of a "Prince Alvaro" in the present day, so am not sure if it is correct which is why I left this out):

Baptême de la princesse Louise-Marguerite
..........**Pic**...........

Thanks for posting these pictures, it is a lovely baby. Were the fathers parents present?

The Vendomes are a lovely family....the children are simply adorable.:p Little Princesse Antoinette looks very much like her mother!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these pictures, it is a lovely baby. Were the fathers parents present?

Prince Jean's mother, the Duchess of Montpensier was present, as well as her children Blanche and Eudes and daughter-in-law Marie-Liesse, as mentioned in Noblesse et Royautes.
Instead the presence of the Count of Paris isn't mentioned in the article, so this lets me think that he wasn't there.

Princess Sibilla is really in love with her godchild! So cute!

Here are some more nice pics of the christening last weekend:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

Thank you so much for finding these for us. :) What an adorable little love bug this wee Princess is. :)

Princess Sibilla is really in love with her godchild! So cute!

W/out a doubt Princess Sibilla is smitten and ITA w/you, it is very cute and also delightful to see. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

That's really good choice that princess Sibilla of Luxembourg chosen the godmother for princess Louise Marguerite :w00t:
Gaston , Antoinette and Louise Marguerite are adorable children :wub:

Nice article in Jour de France about the Duc de Vendôme. Here you see the Duke with his son Prince Gaston in front of Saint-Louis (Chapelle Royale de Dreux): http://princejeandefrance.fr/wp-content/uploads/St-Louis-a.jpg

The Duc de Vendôme and Prince Gaston inside the burial site of the family d'Orléans (since Louis-Philippe): http://princejeandefrance.fr/wp-content/uploads/St-Louis-d.jpg

The Duc de Vendôme and Prince Gaston in the Prieuré Royal in Poissy, visiting an exhibition about their far ancestor Saint-Louis and in the Sainte-Chapelle, Paris: http://princejeandefrance.fr/wp-content/uploads/St-Louis-e.jpg

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom