The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-Feb 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer old and classical than weird names, which sound as if they were taken from the moon.

Polish equivalent of this name (Antonina) is quite popular now here.

Yes, indeed. But Antoinette is too old and too unpopular in France.

Many congratulations to the Duke & Duchess! Welcome Antoinette!!!! What a lovely name, one of my favorites!

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Vendome! Just curious, do Gaston and Antoinette only have one name each?

Gaston's full name is Gaston Louis Antoine Marie. Probably we'll have to wait until Antoinette's christening to know if she'll have more names and what the names will be.

Antoinette is a lovely name, even if it is old fashioned.;) A happy start to the new year for the family.:flowers:

Nice of them not to make us wait !!! They are lovely !

:previous:
My first tought was yes. But In fact Philomena's father lives in Austria. He's very sick and the whole family went to Austria. I just find it very strange that they travelled with a newborn. But, I can understand it if her father is about dying.
Guess the Christening wouldn't be as soon as Gastons in that case...

Sweet pictures indeed. Prince Gaston is sooo cute :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, she's adorable and I think Antoinette is a lovely name, really beautiful.

(A belated) Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme and little Gaston.

My first tought was yes. But In fact Philomena's father lives in Austria. He's very sick and the whole family went to Austria. I just find it very strange that they travelled with a newborn. But, I can understand it if her father is about dying.
If I recall correctly, Jean and Philomena have spent the Christmas festivities in Vienna, where also Jean's sister Marie lives; so I guess they are still in Austria since then.

If I recall correctly, Jean and Philomena have spent the Christmas festivities in Vienna, where also Jean's sister Marie lives; so I guess they are still in Austria since then.

I thought I read on the website of "noblesse et royautés" they travelled till Austria... But you may be right. My apologizes if I was wrong :)

Thanks for the update!
Duke and Duchess of Vendome have got lovely children.

Aww Little Antoinette is such a cute little baby! So sweet, thanks for posting-

They sure had the baptism very soon after the birth almost as if there was a rush? Normally baptisms occur a few months after birth.

It was reported that Philomena's father is very sick. Maybe they wanted that he will attend the christening.

They sure had the baptism very soon after the birth almost as if there was a rush? Normally baptisms occur a few months after birth.

In practising catholic families, baptisms often occur (very) soon after the birth.

Also their son Gaston was baptized rather soon, on 8 December 2009, 19 days after he was born.

Antoinette is very sweet! Her mother...baby weight stil visible.

The Duke of Vendôme attended the celebration of the 600th birthday of Jeanne d'Arc (January 6, 1412 - May 30, 1431)
at the Cathedral of Orleans, France on May 13, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom