The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-Feb 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I asked what happened with his parents? What was the problem about?

A few weeks ago, the Duke and Duchess of Vendome with their son Prince Gaston
made a trip to Lebanon. The main reason had been an invitation to the International
Debutante Ball on November 13, but they also met with the President of the Republic
HE Mr. Michel Sleiman and visited several famous sites. Some pics can be found on
the family's website:

** Le prince Jean et la princesse Philomena reçus au Liban ** google translation **

And here are two pics of the couple attending the ball:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you to Iceflower and Princess Robijin for the pictures. The Duchess is becoming more beautiful every time I see her and Gaston is just the cutest little boy. What a gorgeous family.:flowers:

They are attractive, modern - and pretty much indistinguishable from many other tourists or visitors to palaces. I like that. They also seem happy.

I'm curious as to why they went to support the International Debutante Ball. I know that Debutante organizations have funds and spend money to bring honored guests to their events, but perhaps the Duke and Duchess are supporters for reasons of their own? Here in America, the Debutantes are among the very few people who still teach etiquette (and try to control the persons with whom their children associate, dance and take refreshment). It does seem a very cultured thing to do. The organization isn't nearly as prominent here as it was in the 50's and early 60's.

Does France still have Debutante Balls and orders?

There is still a "Bal des Débutantes" in France but now you have as débutante Alain Delon's daughter. they are still in white and long white gloves. I don't know where and when unfortunately.

These photos are so sweet! I can't pick the best from the gallery - the Prince and the animals look so admirable together! :wub::wub:

My favourite one is the pic of Gaston standing next to that jumbo dog :)
I can't remember the name of that breed of dog, can anyone else? But
you are right, all of them are really sweet, must have been an exciting day
for the little prince! :)

I can't remember the name of that breed of dog, can anyone else? :)

The article from Gens du Monde says that the dogs are "lévriers irlandais" ... if I am not mistaken, Irish greyhounds, apparently the largest dogs in the world.

Nice pictures :wub: Little Gaston is very cute boy. He seems to enjoy herself, he likes animals I think.

He is adorable, although he looks a bit reserved about taking whatever bit of food that seems to be (showing discerning taste already, what a darling boy).

The article from Gens du Monde says that the dogs are "lévriers irlandais" ... if I am not mistaken, Irish greyhounds, apparently the largest dogs in the world.

The dog looks like an Irish Wolfhound. Gaston gets cuter by the day. Thanks iceflower.:flowers:

Thanks a lot claypoint2 and Katrianna for letting me know about the breed of dog,
now I remember it myself as well. Impressing dog not only in direct comparison to
a little child..:)

It is rather strange to see Prince Jean in Texas but he went there to speak about French history.

The Duke of Vendome represents everywhere the French culture with dignity and a real sense of duty.

The Duke of Vendome attended an investiture ceremony for new knights into the Sacred Military
Constantinian Order. Rome, Italy, May 30, 2011.

Also present among others were Prince Alvaro and Princess Antonella de Orleans-Borbon and
the Duke and the Duchess of Castro.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Does Alvaro have the title of Prince?The branch of the Borbon-Orleans in Spain has no royal titles anymore because of morganatic marriages.

I'm not sure if he's still regarded as a French Prince.

The Borbon-Orleans are not Princes at all because descendants of morganatic marriages in Spain.

Yes, I know this, and in fact I'm wondering if he is considered as a French Prince of Orleans, not if he is a Spanish prince; the fact that he isn't a Spanish royal doesn't necessarily imply that he also isn't a French Royal, does it?

As far as I know they are not considered French Princes either.

Two scans from recent PdV article about Prince Gaston of France, who was 18 months on May 19th.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2**

Will Prince Jean and Princess Philomena attend Albert's wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom