The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good to know that they are being cared for and spend time with their siblings especially since their parents are elderly.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for sharing.

It's lovely that Princess Blanche and her brother Prince François are invited to family gatherings.

I think Princess Antoinette is starting to look a lot like her father. The Duke of Vendôme also resembles his brother, the Duke of Angoulême IMO. It appears that there are some strong resemblances in the family.
Princess Louise Marguerite is adorable.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

That looked like a great party in a wonderful park in Dreux. I missed two important persons: the birthday boy's parents...

Where were his father the Comte de Paris, his stepmother the Princesse de Joinville and his mother the Duchesse de Montpensier?
Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Montpensier was there and seen on a lot of pictures where she is among her 5 Children and with their husband and wifes.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I have seen her now in the second set of pictures posted by Dbarn, (four postings back). Good to see that maman was there. Strange that the Comte de Paris was not there.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, I agree, it's odd that the Count of Paris was absent. Perhaps he was ill since most of the family (including friends) were at the Duke of Vendômes birthday celebrations. But then again, the Count of Paris's wife wasn't there either...

Is the chateau in the background owned by the family?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thank you for sharing thiose photos dbarn. Nice to see something of the event.

The man who is sitting behind Princess Blanche in church seems to be Archduke Rudolf (elder brother of AD Carl-Christian).

I suppose that these are the children of the duke and duchess of Angouleme?
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img633/5895/NgGg84.jpg

I can't see anybody of the Orleans family apart from the Duchess of Montpensier and her offspring.

Does anybody know who these ladies are:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/1286/xTWrz3.jpg
Old 05-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thank you for sharing thiose photos dbarn. Nice to see something of the event.

The man who is sitting behind Princess Blanche in church seems to be Archduke Rudolf (elder brother of AD Carl-Christian).

I suppose that these are the children of the duke and duchess of Angouleme?
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img633/5895/NgGg84.jpg
Yes, those are the children of the Duke and Duchess of Angoulême, Princess Therese and Prince Pierre.

Quote:
I can't see anybody of the Orleans family apart from the Duchess of Montpensier and her offspring.

Does anybody know who these ladies are:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/1286/xTWrz3.jpg
The woman in the white shirt is Princess Leopoldine of Liechtenstein, she can also be found in this photo I posted in the Noblesse & Royautes article. I think the woman next to her may be Princess Maria-Immaculata of Liechtenstein, but I'm not sure.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yes, I agree, it's odd that the Count of Paris was absent. Perhaps he was ill since most of the family (including friends) were at the Duke of Vendômes birthday celebrations. But then again, the Count of Paris's wife wasn't there either...

Is the chateau in the background owned by the family?
In Dreux is the Chapel Royal, build on the remnants of the old mediaeval fortress. There are still fortifications but on the large royal domain there is a pavillion, a logement, which is the residence of the Duc and Duchess de Vendôme. This is the back of that pavillion, so it is bigger than it looks from the 19th C façade: http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwik...28RaBoe%29.jpg and http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp.../03/photo5.jpg

The main castle owned by the House of Orléans (administered via the Fondation Saint-Louis), is the Château Royal d'Amboise, here functions the "Royal House organization". In Bourbon-l'Archambault the Château and the surrounding domain, one of the eldest Bourbon properties in France, is still owned but it only functions as museum and for tourism. The enormous Château is not habitable.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme have recently received some residents of the city of Dreux for the annual evening of proximum committees. The event took place at the Chapel Royal of St. Louis and was also in the presence of the city's mayor:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...me-a-dreux.jpg

Le duc et la duchesse de Vendôme reçoivent les membres des conseils d’habitants de Dreux

Old 06-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I have a question (what original). The title Duke of Vedome that has a important more for other titles. What a mean? The other heirs have a separate title like Prince of Asturias, Prince of Orange. Duke of Brabant etc. So this title have the same meaning or just a title for many? I hope to understand.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

The most important title, compared with Prince of Wales, Prince of Orange, Prince of Asturias is Dauphin de France. The eldest son of the Chef de la Maison de France, Prince François, Comte de Clermont, is styled Dauphin by the Orléanists. Since he is handicapped by toxoplasmosis, his eldest brother Prince Jean, Duc de Vendôme was appointed Régent du Dauphin, looking after the interests of Prince François (and his sister Princess Blanche, also handicapped by toxoplasmosis).

The current Chef de la Maison de France, Prince Henri d'Orléans, himself was Comte de Clermont until 1999. In that year his father died and he became the Chef. His title was transferred to his eldest son Prince François. However it is "just" the rank of a Comte (and not Marquis, Duc, Prince), it is a very ancient title, used by the capétiens since 1218. Traditionally the County of Clermont was given as an apanage to the eldest son of the Duc de Bourbon. So maybe this anciennity is why the eldest son is "just" a Count. Maybe "low" at first sight, but very ancient and prestigious at second sight.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Courtier

The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The most important title, compared with Prince of Wales, Prince of Orange, Prince of Asturias is Dauphin de France. The eldest son of the Chef de la Maison de France, Prince François, Comte de Clermont, is styled Dauphin by the Orléanists. Since he is handicapped by toxoplasmosis, his eldest brother Prince Jean, Duc de Vendôme was appointed Régent du Dauphin, looking after the interests of Prince François (and his sister Princess Blanche, also handicapped by toxoplasmosis).

The current Chef de la Maison de France, Prince Henri d'Orléans, himself was Comte de Clermont until 1999. In that year his father died and he became the Chef. His title was transferred to his eldest son Prince François. However it is "just" the rank of a Comte (and not Marquis, Duc, Prince), it is a very ancient title, used by the capétiens since 1218. Traditionally the County of Clermont was given as an apanage to the eldest son of the Duc de Bourbon. So maybe this anciennity is why the eldest son is "just" a Count. Maybe "low" at first sight, but very ancient and prestigious at second sight.

Makes me think of Baron de Charlus from "Rememberance of things past" who although he carries the title of baron is one of the most distinguished and prestigious men in France due to the ancienneté of his name and title.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

So the Francois officially is still the heir. I think i saw him and the Blanche at the party for the 50th of prince Jean. Thanks you answer me the genealogy and the titles is very interested to me especially for non-reigninig houses.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76
Makes me think of Baron de Charlus from "Rememberance of things past" who although he carries the title of baron is one of the most distinguished and prestigious men in France due to the ancienneté of his name and title.
Ha, I am reading the series right now! I would say that it is in the same spirit indeed. In volume two (which I just finished) Odette de Crécy (already Mme Swann) actually wonders how a mere count of Paris can be royal. Though the count that Odette must have been referring to was prince Philippe (1838-1894).
Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Ha, I am reading the series right now! I would say that it is in the same spirit indeed. In volume two (which I just finished) Odette de Crécy (already Mme Swann) actually wonders how a mere count of Paris can be royal. Though the count that Odette must have been referring to was prince Philippe (1838-1894).

Poor Odette, so desperate to fit into high society and still constantly putting her foot in it (or stepping in the piano as we say in Sweden)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-31-2015, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Vendome will visit Atlanta on October 10 in connection with the two hundred and fortieth anniversary of the treaty of the Franco-American alliance:

Le prix "Middelthon Candler" pour Jean de France - Noblesse & Royautés

Old 11-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Gaston d'Orléans celebrates his sixth birthday:

Anniversaire du prince Gaston - Noblesse & Royautés

:)
Old 12-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

It has been announced by Point de Vue (this week edition) that the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme are expecting their fourth child.

4ème naissance attendue chez le duc et la duchesse de Vendôme - Noblesse et Royautés

Tags
duchess of vendome, duke of vendome, house of orleans