The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And he has been released to (or so I read on the Franco-Iberian Royals MB)

Old 11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
And he has been released to (or so I read on the Franco-Iberian Royals MB)
Yes. He's free, and can live France if he wants.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
There are pics for Prince CP d'Orléans and Dona Diana Pereira de Melo at
http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offe...do?idoff=32575
Old 11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Here is a link to some pictures of Jean, Duc de Vendôme, with Duchess Tatjana of Oldenburg. As you may know, the two were engaged for four months in 2001 (February to June).

Here is a discussion about their engagement. Here is the BBC article and discussion about their breakup.
---------------------------------------
Another article (in French) about the cancellation: Renoncement confirmé du mariage du petit-fils de Madame la Comtesse de Paris, le prince Jean d’Orléans, duc de Vendôme
Old 11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Quite ironic that Charles-Phillipe featured in last weeks Point de Vue and Hola! with his girlfriend, the Duchess of Cadaval (Diane, not Rosalinda ).
Yes, Diana is the eldest daughter of the late Duke of Cadaval with Claudine Fritz, although Rosalinda (married to Hubert Guerrand-Hermès, the heir of the House Hermès) is actually the eldest daughter of D. Jaime, but born from his first marriage, which was just a civil wedding.

There was a dispute on the succession to the title, since it was Diana (born from the Catholic marriage) and not Rosalinda (born from the first marriage) to inherit the title. At the time, the Duke of Bragança had to decide on who would inherit the Duchy of Cadaval, based on D. Jaime's wish.

Just a note here to add that, after Charles-Philippe's trouble with the law, the couple had already attended the Ball of The Order of Malta, in Lisbon.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Thank you Benjamin for the Orléans-Oldenburg links, and thanks Elsa for the Cadaval clarification.

It is interesting that the Duke of Bragança was called to adjudicate the question of who was the rightful inheritor of the Cadaval ducal title, and not a court of law.
I assume the "losing" party accepted the Duke's decision with good grace?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Since Portugal no longer has noble titles, they're not a matter decided in courts. All things related to it are decided by an entity named Conselho da Nobreza (a kind of Noble Court), which has its highest figure in the Duke of Bragança (i.e., the heir of the throne).
I'm not sure about the details of the agreement that was reached between the parts, but, from what I read in the press, the Duke of Bragança had considered a kind of "salomonic" sentence, dividing the various titles of D. Jaime (Duke of Cadaval, Marquis of Ferreira, Count of Tentúgal) among his 4 children.
Diana Pereira de Melo inherited the Duchy of Cadaval, according to her father's wish.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Princess Genevieve d'Orleans

I would like to know if anybody has a picture of her in a tiara or of her mother Princess Henriette.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From Polfoto:
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/search...tekst2=Cadaval

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and his girlfriend, Duchess Diana of Cadaval, attend the 14th annual Gala de l'Espoir, held at the Champs-Elysees' Theatre, in Paris, on November 21:
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previe...Id=0&handle=-1

Last Monday, December 4th, the couple attended the Nuit de l`Enfance: Des Voix en Or, in Versailles.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Can someone give me some information about Duchess Diana of Cadaval and family?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Can someone give me some information about Duchess Diana of Cadaval and family?
Diana belongs to the second most traditional family in Portugal, which is a colateral branch of the family of the Dukes of Bragança (i.e., the kings of the 4th Dynasty). The Cadaval ducal title was created in 1648 by D. João IV, who granted it to D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, one of the most powerful noblemen of the kingdom and a decisive figure for the recovery of the national sovereignty, in 1640.

Here's the family's website:
http://casacadaval.com/_wsn/page2.html

Diana Mariana Vitória Álvares Pereira de Melo is the 11th Duchess of Cadaval. She was born in Genève, in 1978, as the first daughter of D. Jaime Álvares Pereira de Melo (the 10th Duke of Cadaval) with his second wife, Claudine Marguerite Marianne Tritz.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwona
I don't know what the difference between Orlean and Bourbons is.Are they branches of bigger family or they are different?

Also I wonder about Bonapart family, Napoleon had many sisters and brothers, who had also children, but today there are only three male from that family.So what happened to the desendent of Napoleon's sisters?
concerning the Bonapartes:

Male descendants are only from the line of Jerome Bonaparte, that´s true. Napoleons brother Joseph only had two daughter, Zenaide and Charlotte, who married Charles Lucien, the eldest son of Lucien Bonaparte and Alexandrine jacob de Bleschamp. They had many children, but Charles Lucien´s son Napoleon Chalres Grégoire only left two daughters, who died without descendants. From Lucien´s son Pierre descended the last Princess of the line, the psychananalyst Marie Bonaparte, the famous Princess of Greece, who had two children. Many of Charles Lucien and Zenaides daugher married in different italian noble families, who descendants do still exist. Charles Lucien sister Lätitia married Thomas Wyse, and her descendants are still living, carrying the name Bonaparte-Wyse as a double name, even when I have read there is no offcial decrete, who allows this. Another sister of Charles Lucien, daughter of Lucien, married count Valentini, they still have many descendants, called Valentini or Valentini Bonaparte.
Napoleons brother Louis had Napoleon III and two other sons, who died early because of illnesses. From his marriage with Eugenie Napoleon III had one son Eugene, who died without leaving decendants. So the official title was given to the descendants of Jerome. Napoleon III had two illeg, sons, two, as had also his father. The descendants of Louis´illegitimate son with the surname Castelvecchio do still exist via a female line. Napoleon himself had from the marriage with Marie Louise the son Franz von Reichstadt, who died without leaving any children, but Napoleon I also had two illeg. son, count Alexandre Walewski and Count Léon, the first by Maria Walewska and the second by Eleonore de la Plaige. There are still many descendants of Alexandre today, the most (or all) come from Alexandre illeg. and later recognized son, by the jewish actress Rachel Felix. Count Léon has also descendants, but the male line had extingished in 1994, when Charles Léon, the last count of Léon died. But there are descendants from the daughter, I think.
Jerome Bonaparte, apart from his todays descendants from Catherine of Würrtemberg has also descendants by Elizabeth Patterson, his first American wife. This line extingished in the male line in the year 1945.
Now sisters of Napoleons. That´s very easy. Pauline did not leave descendants, her only son by Leclerc died as a child. Elisa has two sons, who died quite early and a daughter Napoleone Elisa, who married the count of Camerata, via the female lines there are still many descendants, especially in italian noble families. The sister Caroline has descendants as well. He married the famous general and king Joachim Murat, and there are many descendants from the Murat family. The main line of the todays Princes Murat is the one of Joachim Murat, born in 1944, who had one son and four daughters. He often taked part in festivals etc concering Napoleon and Murat.
The line of the heirs of the one of Jerome, now it´s Charles Napoleon, who has one son and a daughter my his first wife Beatrice of Bourbon Siciles and one daughter by the corsican Lady Francoise Valliccioni. He had adopted a daughter, too. His brother Jerome is not married. He has two sisters, Catherine and Laure (Catherine is the twin sister of Charles), who are both married and have children.

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)
Old 12-10-2006, 11:32 AM

Titles within the Bourbon-Orleans Family

The Titles within the Orleans-Family, are they just courtesy-titles the head of the House granted to members of the family?
I 've read that the late Comte de Paris was granting the Title Duchess of Montpensier to his divorced Daughter in law. Other Members of the Family have also various "historic" Titles which seem to be given in a rather random way. I.E. as i am aware the Duke of Chartes was always the oldest Son of the Duke of Orleans as head of the Orleans-line. Now it is a nephew of the present Comte de Paris.
Is there just a pool of historic Titles the family lay a claim to and distributed within the Family?
This seems very 'ancien regime' and i wounder what actual Right the Comte de Paris has to create dukes, duchesses and counts?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I didn't know if it's worth creating a new thread in the royal library just to post this info, so here it is: a new book by Point de Vue's journalist, Vincent Meylan, was just released. It's entitled Contre-enquete sur le Comte et la Comtesse de Paris and it focous the marital life of the late Count and Countess of Paris:
http://www.evene.fr/livres/livre/vin...-par-25801.php
Old 01-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Thanks for that information Elsa M. I'm sure this book is very interesting indeed.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

You're welcome!
Point de Vue's issue from January 10th published some parts of this book, along with some beautiful photos...

In case anyone wants to order the book, here's the link from Amazon and Fnac:
http://www.amazon.fr/Contre-enqu%C3%.../dp/2857048971
http://www3.fnac.com/search/quick.do...&category=book
Old 04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrosteSchattenburg
The Titles within the Orleans-Family, are they just courtesy-titles the head of the House granted to members of the family?
I 've read that the late Comte de Paris was granting the Title Duchess of Montpensier to his divorced Daughter in law. Other Members of the Family have also various "historic" Titles which seem to be given in a rather random way. I.E. as i am aware the Duke of Chartes was always the oldest Son of the Duke of Orleans as head of the Orleans-line. Now it is a nephew of the present Comte de Paris.
Is there just a pool of historic Titles the family lay a claim to and distributed within the Family?
This seems very 'ancien regime' and i wounder what actual Right the Comte de Paris has to create dukes, duchesses and counts?
The late Comte de Paris created his younger son Jacques, Duke of Orléans and it is his son Charles-Louis who is the Duke of Chartres so the are in this indeed following the old tradition.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and Olivier Dassault

Hello,i would like to learn details about Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and her family with Olivier Dassault,son of Serge Dassault who is ranked as the 4th richest person in France.
Serge Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olivier Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know anything about their children?I read for first time at wikipedia that they have two, HRH Marcus Pierre-Louis Lefevre Dassault of Orleans and Emilie Antoinette Lefevre Dassault of Orleans.I've searched but haven't found anything so i would appreciate if someone from TRF helped me.If someone has already posted for them give me the link for the thread please!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Administrator

How can a M. Dessault have a son born an HRH? This makes no sense, and reinforces the need to treat some Wikipedia entries with extreme caution.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
Hello,i would like to learn details about Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and her family with Olivier Dassault,son of Serge Dassault who is ranked as the 4th richest person in France.
Serge Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olivier Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know anything about their children?I read for first time at wikipedia that they have two, HRH Marcus Pierre-Louis Lefevre Dassault of Orleans and Emilie Antoinette Lefevre Dassault of Orleans.I've searched but haven't found anything so i would appreciate if someone from TRF helped me.If someone has already posted for them give me the link for the thread please!
There is absolutely nothing true in these articles.

Tags
orleans