The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Commoner

Charles Phillipe d'Orleans

I read somewhere he has been seen with Diana de Cadaval lately. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks! Just wondering if we will see a princely marriage in Portugal in the near future...

Old 08-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneca
I read somewhere he has been seen with Diana de Cadaval lately. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks!
Yes, there is a picture of Prince Charles-Philippe with Diana, Duchesse de Cardaval in this week's Point de Vue (#3029). It is in a spread on Princess Beatrice d'Orléans and her family's holiday in the Costa del Sol.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Courtier

http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offe...32?idoff=28487
I'm not sure if this thread is suitable for my information.
So in olycom.it you can find a few photos taken during marriage of Alexandre de Sambucy- Sorgue, son of princess Chantal de France. Alexandre is descendant of count of Paris.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Courtier

The French Royal Family and The Spainish Royal Family both carry the same last name Bourbon now I was surprised to find that out I thought all royal families had different names while Spain has a reigning royal family and their monarchy is reigning , France ' s former royal family does not have to worry about has much as the spainish royal does.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

When there are so many families leading so many separate places that's when you see the names hyphenated like Bourbon-Parma, Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Hapsburg-Tuscany, etc. But I don't recall the top families, France and Spain, being hyphenated ?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
The French Royal Family and The Spainish Royal Family both carry the same last name Bourbon now I was surprised to find that out I thought all royal families had different names while Spain has a reigning royal family and their monarchy is reigning , France ' s former royal family does not have to worry about has much as the spainish royal does.
To be precise :till Charles X, the French royal family carried the name Bourbon. King Louis Philippe was an Orléans, and his family carries the name Orléans. The other claimer to the french throne carries the name Bourbon (or Borbon, as you like it).
I should precise that for a very long while, the french Royal family didn't carry any name.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Courtier

You have been kidding me all families carry a last name it might not be Bourbon but they must have a some type of last name most people have a first, middle, and last name while others having many names.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

I am not kidding you at all. It is an historical fact well known by the historians that before the French Revolution the French Royal family had no last name. Now we call her family de Bourbon, but no name at all was used by her, because she had no one. It is a complicated matter but it is a fact.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Gentry

But, when Count Hugh Capet was elected King of France, he kept the surname - thus the Capetian dynasty. Hence, when Louis XVI was deposed, he was known as "Citizen Capet."
Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Who was head of state during the French Revolution and who give them the name Bourbon?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Who was head of state during the French Revolution and who give them the name Bourbon?
The Jacobins overthrew the French monarchy and they were led by several leaders, including Robespierre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bourbon

The Bourbon name came into use when Henry IV of Navarre succeeded to the French throne (he was distantly descended from French royalty), and his surname was Bourbon.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Royal Highness

The point is precisely the Bourbon name wasn't at all in use when one spoke of the king or onr of his relatives. See my post below.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Courtier

The French royal family are the unamed royals so when they talked of the royal family they just went by their first names and nothing else ? It is still mind blogging to me.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The French royal family are the unamed royals so when they talked of the royal family they just went by their first names and nothing else ? It is still mind blogging to me.
Yes, one said "Louis, king of France". That was all.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Administrator

The French royals seem to prefer to emphasise their descent from Hugues Capet rather than use the House/dynasty name of Bourbon or Orléans.
As they are the direct descendants of Capet (King of France from 987 to 996), it serves to reinforce their ancient Capetian lineage.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

The "other duke of Anjou", Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, has been arrested yesterday: he is accused of slenderous denunciation (having falsely accused someone), having produced false papers and having taken someone's identity. He is currently questionned by policemen.

I remind everyone that according the French law (and the human rights), his innocence is presumed as long as he has not been declared guilty.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Here's a couple of articles about Charles-Philippe's problem with the Law:

In French:
http://www.lefigaro.fr/france/200611...rde_a_vue.html

In Spanish:
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1703...ancia/Orleans/
Old 11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

So he is accused of slenderous denunciation (having falsely accused someone), having produced false papers and having taken someone's identity. Nice...
(I suppose the identification-thing isn't a matter brought up by the other Duc de Anjou ). Didn't the other Duc of ANjou denounce this ones order of St. Lazare last week to btw?

Quite ironic that Charles-Phillipe featured in last weeks Point de Vue and Hola! with his girlfriend, the Duchess of Cadaval (Diane, not Rosalinda ).
Old 11-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Royal Highness

This affair is apparently not related to Luis Alfonso de Borbon.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

CP of Orléans has been formally charged today.

Tags
orleans