The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Commoner

How come the legitamist line goes back to Louis XV decendants that are not of the XIV line. Wouldn't Charles X line be the one do be legit. He was made to abdicate his line not by his choice. Louis XVI line was murdered, Louis XVII had no issue and Charles X did but was forced to abducate. this force was done illegally and HIS decendants have the right no? I'm confussed, someone please explain why it goes back to Louis XVI great great grandfather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Sorry, but I can't understand your point; are you suggesting to ignore that the French revolution happened, or are you criticizing that the discussion in this thread doesn't consider that the French revolution happened?
I think he means to cut it out to avoid confusion. who would be the heir today if Charles X continued to be king.?

RIP
Old 07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Even if Charle X had continued to be King, his male line descendants would eventually end in 1883 with the death of the Count of Chambord. So the problem would still remain; maybe something would change if as King the Count of Chambors had clearly designed his successor (although as far as I have understood he actually did, considering the Count of Paris as his successor to the claims to the French Throne).

Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Should be Henri, Comte de Paris, Duc de France, due to his magnificent lineage
I respect all opinions
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Commoner

If the throne of france isn't aloud to pass to a foriegn hier why then didn't Luis Alfonso de Bourbon have his kids in france? If people keep rejecting him as a possible king of france (hypothetically if the monarchy was restored) wouldn't his son be the better option. Though his son is not born in france so HIS grandson could, but he still only a little baby.

Also why is he the pretender? he is not form a direct male line and he is decended from the second sons, and one female of every spanish heir? i confused ....

If you follow the line from Charles III of spain, with his son Prince Carlos Antonio his line is to the spanish throne, therefore can't suceed the french throne. Even if you follow it through it stops at Isabella II of spain. As a woman she cannot carry on an heir to a salic law of france. This line is where Luis Alfonso is from.

As with Price Carlos's brother, they two are in line for there own crown so Charles III line is ruled out. That leaves Charles III brother Philip, Duke of Parma line as the rightfull one to the french throne?

you know if the comte de Chambord actually had children this would all be put to rest. Why oh why didn't he have any?

RIP
Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to know as well. And also, why are there two Dukes of Anjou? That's terribly confusing.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Luis Alfonso is a descendant from both Queen Isabel II and her husband, King Francisco de Asis of Spain, who was her paternal cousin; Francisco de Asis was the son of Infante Francisco de Paula, hismelf a son of King Carlos IV of Spain and brother of King Fernando VII and Infante Carlos (the first Carlist claimant). So he is a male line descendant of the French Kings.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Commoner

yes but King Carlos IV of spain is his own throne. Frances throne can't be forged into the decendants of a foriegn throne. Carlos IV of spain line is not eligitable.

Surely the throne falling into foreign heirs would be considered more taboo then not taking the senior capet line.

When it came to the point where the senior line meant that Spain and France's king were one and the same person, they should of made the second heir the French line and the Spain one the senior. After all the french line is the one that interferred with the still strong spanish crown.

Le grande dauphin had 3 hiers one died in infancy, the other king of spain, the last had no issue.

So you have no choice but to take the King of spain. HIS children is where i think it should have separated:

Louis I of Spain had no issue
Ferdinand VI of Spain had no issue
Charles III of Spain inherited his own crown so cannot take France's.

what does that leave as a senior elligable ( doesn't have his own throne) heir to the french throne from Philip V of Spain?
his fourth son Philip, Duke of Parma

RIP
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

But also Infante Felipe, Duke of Parma, was the sovereign of a State and titular of a foreign Throne, so according to your reasonment also he (and therefore his descendants too) can't be eligible for the French Throne.
This leaves only the Orleans.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Commoner

Soveriegn of state and being titular are different things then being king of a whole nation.

RIP
Old 08-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

At the time the Dukedom of Parma was a "whole nation"; under this point there was no difference between Parma and Spain.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisXVI View Post
you know if the comte de Chambord actually had children this would all be put to rest. Why oh why didn't he have any?
Henri and his wife Maria Theresa of Modena (Austria-Este) had no children. I'm sure this situation wasn't by choice.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Commoner

A foreigner can surely be king of France as when king Henry IV of Navarre ascended to the french thrown as Henry III of France. (He even changed from Calvinism to Catholicism proclaiming the famous phrase "Paris is well worth a mass").

The only rule concerning foreigners is based on the Utrecht treaty that stated that a descendant of Felipe V of Spain (grandson of Louis XIV) could never rule France as this would have bonded the french and spanish throne altering the balance of power in Europe.

That would rule out Carlo, the current duke of Parma since he is descendant of Felipe V.

It seems that in the hunt for the next corresponding line not descended from Felipe V is the one that originated from the second son of Louis XIII, the very same line that bore the backstabbing Louis-Phillipe and the current Count of Orleans.

I think the only legal loophole that could be found for Louis-Alphonse is that he is not the king of Spain and therefore there is no risk of fusing the French and Spanish crown (as they dislike each other anyways!) because his grandfather renounced the Spanish throne for him and his heirs, so in legality there is no risk of ever bonding the French and Spanish throne as his line could never inherit the Spanish throne.
Plus, he IS after all THE senior heir of Henry III of France, the first Bourbon king of France. The only question is, why oh why did he have his males born in USA??????!!! I don't know!!!!!! The French would NEVER recognize a king born in the USA
Old 08-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalsubject View Post
The only question is, why oh why did he have his males born in USA??????!!! I don't know!!!!!! The French would NEVER recognize a king born in the USA
I ask the same question. If he is wanting to be the heir to the French throne he should of had the twins in France. I guess his sons would have tri citizenship with all three countries, cause of his parents?. We'll just have to wait till his eldest has a child and hopefully in france and hopefully to return the monarchy.

RIP
Old 08-22-2010, 12:46 PM

In 1987 by a decret of the governament of Spain it has been declared that the title of Duck of Cadiz was not to be use by Luis Alfonso de borbon, also he can NOT use the title of Royal Hignes, Spain also do not recognice her as Duque de Anjou, and no others titles he "sometines" use,.This person can be "Royal hignes" at his own home in New York or Venezuela, but not in Spain.He is, do not forget , gand son of a person Jaime the borbon who has resing all his rights,and to ad much "glorie" of his mane, is grand son of Franco, nice CV to be ROI DE FRANCE . In Spain this person is not very popular to be fair, and has no a nice relation with our Royal Family.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

If only France and the UK had merged in 1940 as proposed. We would have a British President and a French Monarch and a British Monarch and a French President.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If we had a monarch we wouldn't have a president, we would have a Prime Minister. Like we have now.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If we had a monarch we wouldn't have a president, we would have a Prime Minister. Like we have now.
If France and the UK had merged in 1940 as proposed, we would have a British President and a French Monarch and a British Monarch and a French President. A Prime Minister is also forseeable.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisXVI View Post
I ask the same question. If he is wanting to be the heir to the French throne he should of had the twins in France. I guess his sons would have tri citizenship with all three countries, cause of his parents?. We'll just have to wait till his eldest has a child and hopefully in france and hopefully to return the monarchy.
The twins can easily be Spanish citizens through him, and of course they're automatically US citizens now, but I think the limit of citizenships one can have is two and although he doesn't need a french citizenship to become king it would have been great to be born in France. His wife after all is very rich so I don't know why they would choose to not have them in France... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toison View Post
In 1987 by a decret of the governament of Spain it has been declared that the title of Duck of Cadiz was not to be use by Luis Alfonso de borbon, also he can NOT use the title of Royal Hignes, Spain also do not recognice her as Duque de Anjou, and no others titles he "sometines" use,.This person can be "Royal hignes" at his own home in New York or Venezuela, but not in Spain.He is, do not forget , gand son of a person Jaime the borbon who has resing all his rights,and to ad much "glorie" of his mane, is grand son of Franco, nice CV to be ROI DE FRANCE . In Spain this person is not very popular to be fair, and has no a nice relation with our Royal Family.
The decree regarding the Dukedom of Cadíz didn't mention Louis Alphonse, it just stated that his father's title, the Dukedom of Cadíz was non hereditary and therefore will revert to the crown upon the Duke's death.
As far as the "Royal Highness" matter, he was "Royal Highness" since birth and until there is a decree stating that he cannot be "Royal Highness" any more, he shall remain "Royal Highness" forevermore.
Also, He is indeed the grand son of Franco but it was Franco himself who made Juan Carlos I king so I don't know what's more embarrassing; to be grandson of Franco or to be named as the direct successor of Franco (as is the case of Juan Carlos I)...
Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Henri de Bourbon, King of France and King of Navarre

[QUOTE=loyalsubject;1126919]A foreigner can surely be king of France as when king Henry IV of Navarre ascended to the french thrown as Henry III of France. (He even changed from Calvinism to Catholicism proclaiming the famous phrase "Paris is well worth a mass").

Just a word: Henri IV was not a foreigner.

In fact he was Henri III de Navarre and Henri IV de France.

His father was Antoine de Bourbon-Vendome, great-great grand son of Robert de France, Count of Clermont, sixth son of Saint Louis ( Louis IX)
Her mother was Jeanne d'Albret, Queen of Navarre.

All French !
Old 09-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Commoner

Remember Henry was born in Pau, capital of the independent kingdom of Navarre. It was only after several deaths in the line of succession to the french throne that Henry III of Navarre became the next one in line to the throne of France (which was separate from Navarre), and thus produced the uniting both kingdoms under one single monarch.