Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme: engagement & pre-wedding info - Nov 2008 / May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vincent

Gentry
City
paris
Country
France
prince jean of France, duke of Vendôme will soon get engaged with a young spanish aristocrat; They were seen together at the trianon openinf party in Versailles a few days ago

What happy news! Congratulations to the prince, his fiancee and their families. By the way, is Prince Jean, Prince Jean Christophe by any chance? He is a very handsome young man...:wub:

Wonderful news! Congratulations to them. I hope that we will get to see photos (there is nothing better than a royal wedding!).

It will be great to see a French royal wedding, I don't think that I have ever seen one, from memory. I wish the couple lots of happiness.:flowers:

What happy news! Congratulations to the prince, his fiancee and their families. By the way, is Prince Jean, Prince Jean Christophe by any chance? He is a very handsome young man...:wub:

No, Prince Jean Christophe is a Bonaparte, of the former Imperial family of France while prince Jean, Duke of Vendome is an Orleans, a descendant from the last king of the French.

It will be great to see a French royal wedding, I don't think that I have ever seen one, from memory. I wish the couple lots of happiness.:flowers:

Only 3 months Jean's cousin Prince Charles-Philippe married Duchess Diana of Cadaval. But as the bride was from Portugal the Wedding took place there. And in 1999 Jean's brother Eudes married Marie-Liesse de Rohan-Chabot but the celebrations where scaled down because of the death of the late Comte de Paris (he died on the day of the cvil marriage).

Last edited:
Let's hope it doesn't end like his engagement to Tatiana d'Oldenburg !

The new duchesse de Vendôme might be Philomena de Tornos.

That is to say, she is the lady who accompanied Jean to the Petit Trianon ;)

MonarquÃ*a Confidencial

I do not want to rain on anyone's parade but are we assuming they will marry because they showed up together at the Trianon??

That was what I was wondering Odette, glad you bet me to pointing it out though! (Lol)

:previous:
The news of the forthcoming engagement was posted by a member who has very high credibility.

Pix of her are in current Point de Vue and she is extremely good looking

:previous:
The news of the forthcoming engagement was posted by a member who has very high credibility.

I am glad to hear that. He seems like a very charismatic well bred man and he deserves to be happy.

could someone tell me about her ancestry please?

This time I hope he does marry and haves happiness with her.

The Count of Paris just announced officially the engagement of his son Jean, Duc de Vendome to Dona Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart.

Source: Philippe Delorme on Regalis Genealogia

Well I am delighted : I hope Point de Vue will give us a good article about it, though nowadays they are more interested in people

Congratulations to the couple. I saw a picture of them at the auction at Christie's. She looks like a lovely lady. Good fortune to them!

Wonderful news! Congratulations to them! Have any announcements regarding wedding date and location been made yet?

item 18 : =
Son Altesse Royale Monseigneur le Duc de Vendôme

Will her title be Duchess de Vendome after the marriage? Will he take a new title?

Will her title be Duchess de Vendome after the marriage? Will he take a new title?
I don't think...When his brother Eudes married Marie-Liesse, they maintein the title that he bore before the marriage...

hola mentions that philomena was introduced in society at the gala during the reopening of the petit trianon in versaillles. the duke and duchess of anjou were also present. they mention that philomena was the only one who attracted "all attention" due to her elegance and distinction.

she is graddaughter of juan de tornos, aide for the count of barcelona in estoril and her mother's family is austrian. she also speaks 4 languages (french, english, spanish, german) to perfection. her family lives in vienna.

JEAN DE ORLEANS ANUNCIA SU COMPROMISO CON FILOMENA DE TORNOS STEINHART

I am so happy about this engagement and looking forward to beautiful photos. Thank you in advance.

He´s already 43. How old is she?

I'm horryfied by this news.. she's not royal (first time for an orleanist pretender)! and it seems it will be a dinastic marriage! I think Jean had to learn from his cousins Wurttemberg and Savoy!

Back
Top Bottom